News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hidden Data

Started by Atrius, 11, October, 2008, 02:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Ah, so 452 uses pallet swap 5?
And 478 uses pallet swap 2?

I wonder what the 5th one was for?  

Atrius (He/Him)

Neither of them use palette swaps, Venus Lighthouse is actually purple in-game for some reason.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 28, October, 2008, 01:06:00 PMNeither of them use palette swaps, Venus Lighthouse is actually purple in-game for some reason.
when the penisule breaks away i beleive the lighthouse changes flashes and the colour changes

Rolina

That's what pallet swaps are for, though, when you have some kind of affect, such as psynergy or something.

Maybe one of them is the model lighthouse in the Venus Lighthouse?  Or is that an Exact replica?

Matrim

Its also strange that all the lighthouses have 3 animations but they do nothing.

They also so fo the statues from Sol Sanctum and the prolougue 252-256

283 is the barriers that form that they never explain in Kolima
303 is the murcury beacon
318 is in the venus lighthouse in a place you don't visit that had a chest you could find by reveal
330 is the door in the lighthouse ruins
336 is from one of the puzzles in venus lighthouse
346 is an odd sunken boat

433 is not new but its floating ijema peninsukla
438-455 are sprite from GS1 mostly towns, the barricade, adn the two lighthouses
488 is all the emotion bubbles
638-639 i think is the fusion dragon
642-663 are the summons
664-666 are odd things
Suprisingly enough the elemental star sprites aren't here

Rolina

664 is the Trident...
665 is the Full Moon at Garoh...  I think...
Dunno WHAT 666 is...

Odd, in the Emotion bubbles, it doesn't have that Multi-Question Mark 'Puzzled' emotion bubble thingy...

Aren't the other Beacons supposed to be visible?  Did they just use a palette swap?

Elemental Star Sprites?  Wouldn't those be part of the Item Sprites?  NONE of the item sprites are there, for that matter.  Must be stored in a different location, like the Battle effect sprites

Atrius (He/Him)

346 is used at the beginning of the game for Saturos & Menardi's ship.

665 is the meteor for Megiddo
666 is... Dunno, maybe something for another attack effect?

For the 'puzzled' emotion, don't they just use the regular question mark one multiple times at odd angles?

Yes, they just use palette swaps for the other beacons.

Item icons have their own separate location.

I did manage to find where the battle effect graphics are.  They're mixed into a huge array with a bunch of different random data at the end of the ROM file (Which also includes the 8x8 font, tilesets, palettes, and all other data for the world map/towns/e.t.c., enemy battle sprites which use an extra layer of compression, and likely many other things I have yet to identify)  The bad news is that it looks like the visual effects for abilities are GBA assembly code, and as such, very hard to edit.  On top of it, it seems like all the information I need to properly read the graphics that make up the effects is programmed into the code. >_<
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Ouch.  We wish you luck.  Anything we can do to help out?

Atrius (He/Him)

*Points at Alex's portraits, both of them*

And why the heck is one usurping Pier's rightful slot?  That one is in the same place in the original Golden Suns portrait list too, while Pier's portrait is absent.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 05, February, 2009, 08:56:00 AM

*Points at Alex's portraits, both of them*

And why the heck is one usurping Pier's rightful slot?  That one is in the same place in the original Golden Suns portrait list too, while Pier's portrait is absent.
The one in Piers slot looks younger, maybe they left a part of the story out (like a minor flash back)

or maybe he was planned to be the other character before Piers.

either way Piers ftw.

If anything down the line it could be useful to have a younger looking one... dun dun dun

Holy

I think the one on Piers slot is Alex, same hairstyle, same face direction,
its not strange? Maybe they thought on the start to have Alex as the 4

Nicktallica

I sort of agree with this because, in the Elemental Star room, Alex traveled with Felix, Saturos, Menardi, Jenna, and Kraden. And then in the start of Golden Sun: TLA, You are still with Alex. I think maybe they still thought of Alex being in the party until after Daila. That's what I think at least.

Charon

It would be a little odd starting off with all 4 adept types though... In GS1 you started with 2, got the 3rd pretty quickly and then waited a while to get the 4th. It wouldn't make sense to have all 4 in the second game accessible so early.

And Alex makes a wonderful villan. =D

Salanewt

If you look at the two portraits of Alex, it looks like the upper one might have been the beta face, I think. There is less shading, and the hair is more highlighted.
Maybe they kept the list from the first Golden Sun, but added some characters, including Peirs.

Atrius, I noticed that there is a scroll bar. Due to curiousity, I was wondering if you could please show us some more faces?

I am only asking because in the image that you showed us, Saturos and Menardi's portraits are shown.

EDIT: I know what 411 is...

Quote411 - Interesting... A giant placeholder for the red spinning thing in text boxes, or the target selection cursor in battle perhaps?

In the Great Gabomba's head, when you have to pound the squares back into the holes, the green cursors point to the hole, to give it the illusion os a stake going into the ground. The dark square is not shown though because the energy track squares go there.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 18 2009, 01:12 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Mercury Adept

@ First post of the topic:
O_O Unused enemies? I want to see them in battle!

This post has been edited by Mercury Adept on Jun 20 2009, 10:37 PM

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I would also like to know that, anyway... Has anyone else discovered any unknown animations? I think 411 has been solved, but are there any others? I might find out tomorrow, but the editor is on my mom's computer.

Oh yeah, I will be able to help more often soon, since my mom might be getting me a new computer either this week or the next. Anyway...

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

SSBMX

Some of this stuff is in dark dawn  :!:

Charon

Yeah, I noticed that a lot of monsters that previously had unused third forms were in Dark Dawn, like Weird Nymph and White Wolf. Although White Wolf is actually white this time... not purple XD

jmillart

Very nice! I wonder if I could mess with the magnet (MA) psynergy to make it have an effect?

Rolina

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 31, December, 2010, 01:43:24 PM
Yeah, I noticed that a lot of monsters that previously had unused third forms were in Dark Dawn, like Weird Nymph and White Wolf. Although White Wolf is actually white this time... not purple XD
I'm of the belief that the original White Wolf was supposed to be Wight Wolf - it'd be an undead wolf, basically.  That would explain the purple color.

Since it wasn't used, they just went ahead with White and called it a day.