News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hidden Data

Started by Atrius, 11, October, 2008, 02:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Besides, white wolves are pretty ghastly anyhow, so it still (kinda) goes with that undead theme.

Or they're Shiro. Or Amaterasu.

ThanatosTheDark

How about editing the kirin sprite so that you summon ameratsu?
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Knight of Purgatory

@kingzane: nice idea! i had the idea in my brain for quite some time but it'll probably be a while for this to happen via editor
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

ThanatosTheDark

I'm guessing that the unknown girl portrait could have been zelda if there was a link sprite...think about it, can't have link without zelda.

Are there any hidden buildings or town sprites because I would like to create my own towns and stuff.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

d@n

In the Link Lobby, there is an Old man that asks you for a number, you select from like 1-99 or something. When you choose a number, the party is set with predestined circumstances (e.g. the amount of djinnis, party members, items, etc). Seems to be a debug feature. If you choose too high of a number, its says something like "not xlated, call ken(i think this is an index errror in diablo 2, I forget)." You need to use Atrius' editor to move him somewhere where you can speak to him.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

First off, the number goes from 0-93.

You don't need to use Atrius's editor if you use the Debug Mode.

For reference, those wanting to enable the debug mode should use these:
03001F54:01 (For GS1)
03001238:01 (For GS2)

Hold B and press Start to open up the Warp Menu.

190:0 should bring you to the Link Lobby in GS1.
312:0 should bring you to the Link Lobby in GS2.

0 is usually used to remove the boundaries, I think.

With the debug mode, you walk through walls by holding the "L" button to reach the old man.

And now I shall dive into the code to figure out how this works.
Note to self:
02008E10 (GS1)
02008E4C (GS2)

Ah. That must be related to the Party Setup database in Battle Mechanics I found a long time ago. Thank you for posting that! The party setups only set up your party, levels, djinn (by element), items, and psynergy.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

d@n

Quote from: Teawater on 10, August, 2013, 05:52:23 AM
First off, the number goes from 0-93.

You don't need to use Atrius's editor if you use the Debug Mode.

For reference, those wanting to enable the debug mode should use these:
03001F54:01 (For GS1)
03001238:01 (For GS2)

Hold B and press Start to open up the Warp Menu.

190:0 should bring you to the Link Lobby in GS1.
312:0 should bring you to the Link Lobby in GS2.

0 is usually used to remove the boundaries, I think.

With the debug mode, you walk through walls by holding the "L" button to reach the old man.

And now I shall dive into the code to figure out how this works.
Note to self:
02008E10 (GS1)
02008E4C (GS2)

Ah. That must be related to the Party Setup database in Battle Mechanics I found a long time ago. Thank you for posting that! The party setups only set up your party, levels, djinn (by element), items, and psynergy.

Yeah I should've mentioned that you could use the walk thru walls code,  haha. And no prob at all.