News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Jovian Association of Anime Advocates (JAAA)

Started by Rolina, 08, April, 2011, 12:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starting with the third meeting, what should we watch?

Serial Experiments Lain
2 (50%)
Nadia, The Secret of Blue Water
1 (25%)
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
2 (50%)
Excel Saga
0 (0%)
Vandread
1 (25%)
Dog Days
1 (25%)
Steins;Gate
2 (50%)
[C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
0 (0%)
Level E
1 (25%)
Seto no Hanayome
1 (25%)
Darker than Black
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: 17, June, 2011, 10:26:20 PM

zman9000

I was a little worried it would be cancled. but it looks like we might just have even more people next time.
I'm looking foward to the next meeting!

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kain

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Atrius (He/Him)

I have plans for tomorrow, so I'm not going to be able to attend the meeting.

Speaking of we never did anything formal to decide if we'll be dropping any shows, or replacing them with new ones, how are we going to handle that?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kain

No need to worry about any of that ATM.  JAAA is canceled due to Memorial Weekend.  However, any voting can take place over the course of today going through Wednesday.

I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Angel Beats

Yumekui Merry

To Aru Majutsu no Index

Let the voting commence.

Rolina

I think "postponed" would be a more appropriate term.

Also, we need to vote on what we want to keep and what we want to swap with something else.

Atrius (He/Him)

How do we want to do this?  Polls, or just nominate shows we want dropped, and if so many people second that nomination we drop it?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

I figured it'd be a poll in each of the threads.  "Shall we continue past episode 4?"
It'd be a yes/no option.

Each time an anime we're watching hits episode 4, it has to pass that test.  Afterwards, I see no reason not to continue until the conclusion.

Atrius (He/Him)

The polls are now added to each shows topic.

zman9000

If we vote off one are we replacing it with "Steins;Gate or Level E" or are we going for something new? (thats not been voted on yet?)

edit: "Darker than Black", "Steins;Gate", and "Level E" each had the second mpst votes so if it one of the already voted on would it be them?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Nah, we do these separately.  I'd also prefer us to at least have one show that's at least ten years old for sake of comparison to modern shows.

zman9000

it doesn't have to be old, you could just have a not so well known anime and have the same effect.

but I like that idea, but it has to be good.

Rolina

I'd prefer something that's at least 8-10 years old, though.  The reason?  Comparing things like art technique, general story trends, etc compared to modern anime (anime from the last 4 or 5 years).

zman9000

wait... are we judging the anime? well anyway the only anime I know of thats older then 8 years it dragonball...

Shinigami

I think Role is trying to see whether anime has decreased or increased in quality over the last couple years... You know, like whether the story line was better and things like that...
So nanoka~

zman9000

I'm going to say increased mostly because the number of anime with good story lines has gone up like crazy in the past two years. My openion from what I have seen.

Rolina

It's a combination of that, and the fact that I don't want it to all be recent stuff.

Atrius (He/Him)

After some scrounging around here's a couple older Anime that caught my interest.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water
Serial Experiments Lain

Kain

This is a list of shows that are up for being added to the list.  We have two slots open, what with Madoka Magica finishing and I My Me being removed from the list.

Serial Experiments Lain

[spoiler]The first episode opens with the mysterious suicide of a high-school girl, Chisa Yomoda. Chisa-chan was a classmate of Lain Iwakura, a quiet, 14-year-old high-school girl. One of the other girls in the class has been receiving e-mail messages from Chisa-chan, and Lain discovers she also has mail from Chisa-chan. In the mail she explains to Lain that she just abandoned her flesh. She assures lain that she still is alive in the 'wired' world. After getting a new 'navi' and adding a 'psyche' circuit, Lain spends more and more time in the wired. It seems that Lain has at least 2 personalities, and Lain's first personality is changing even now. Who is lain? Who are the 'knights'? Can the wired influence the real world with a prophecy? Is the real world nothing but a hologram of the information in the wired?[/spoiler]

Nadia of the Mysterious Seas

[spoiler]In 1889, the world is on the pinnicle of great discoveries in technology. In mankinds grasp for the future, a sinister foe known only as Gargoyle, obsessed with restoring the former Atlantean empire to the glory it once held, begins his plans to take over the world. Nadia, with the help of a young inventor, Jean Ratlique, and Captain Nemo of the submarine Nautilus, must fight to save the world from Gargoyle and Neo-Atlantis. Based on the Novel '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' by Jules Verne.[/spoiler]

The Irresponsible Captain Taylor

[spoiler]Justy Ueki Tylor thought a career in the United Planets Space Force would give him an easy life: enlist, get a desk job, spend the rest of his life in quiet, boring comfort. No sooner does he take the qualifying exam than war breaks out with the Raalgon Empire, and circumstances quickly conspire to land this volunteer off the street in command of the cruiser "Soyokaze". Now Tylor faces two uphill battles—against the Raalgon fleet that wants to kill him, and against his own crew, who expect him to conform to some standard of military discipline. But as the war rages, Tylor's easy-going ways might have a better chance of converting his crew than vice-versa.[/spoiler]

Excel Saga

[spoiler]Hyperactive Excel does anything and everything to try to please her lord, Ilpalazzo, who wants to take over the planet. Excel's misadventures takes her and her partner, the ever-dying Hyatt, all over the world, meeting several strange people as they go. Everything is bizarre and goofy, as any kind of anime or entertainment genre gets mocked and spoofed.[/spoiler]

Vandread

[spoiler]In a universe where men and women are mortal enemies, Hibiki is captured by a band of female pirates. The group find themselves stranded with a super ship they dub the Nirvana and set out for the female home planet. Along the way, they discover the existence of the "The Harvest" and the possible destruction of both men and women.[/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

Poll is open again for voting on 2 new shows to add to our line-up, everyone can select up to three shows.  Note that at least one of the first 5 options WILL be added, so please use at least one of your votes on one of them.  I've also removed the shows that got 0 votes last time from the list (Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko)

Rolina

Zman, I would like a word with you over skype when you get the time.