News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Jovian Association of Anime Advocates (JAAA)

Started by Rolina, 08, April, 2011, 12:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starting with the third meeting, what should we watch?

Serial Experiments Lain
2 (50%)
Nadia, The Secret of Blue Water
1 (25%)
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
2 (50%)
Excel Saga
0 (0%)
Vandread
1 (25%)
Dog Days
1 (25%)
Steins;Gate
2 (50%)
[C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
0 (0%)
Level E
1 (25%)
Seto no Hanayome
1 (25%)
Darker than Black
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: 17, June, 2011, 10:26:20 PM

Atrius (He/Him)

Due to being sent to an area where the only internet connection I have is an extremely unreliable 4kbps I will not be present.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

zman9000

I hope I'll be there. I am currently stuck on campus with out a ride... I don't know what time i will get home but I plan to be there.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Because of how many people were unable to come, we've postponed this meeting until next week.  We will be watching the same episodes next week as were planned for this week, as the many of the reasons were unavoidable (ex: Exams, work, etc).

Rolina

Currently, we're planning on holding JAAA at 5PM CST saturday, just as two weeks ago.  Because many people had prior obligations such as exams and work, last weeks meeting was held back to this week.  We will be watching:

I My Me EP2
Index EP2
Angel Beats EP2
Yumekui EP2 and
Madoka EP11

In that order.  If you prefer a different time, suggest which time you want and we'll try and target the time that most people can access at once.

Kain

It seems we've come to a sort of crossroads regarding this anime meeting.  Some of us wanted it to run differently.  Others insisted that it keep going the way it has been going.  Role is going to be absent this weekend and has decided to leave leaf and myself in charge of JAAA this week.

We're going to try something a little differently this time.  First off, if you want to meet up and watch anime with us on Skype that is fine.  We will still do that for members interested in doing such.

If you do not have Skype, do not like Skype or cannot use Skype for any reason...you are welcome to watch the anime in any way that you can and hold discussion here at the forum, this way anyone who wanted to join but was unable to do so can still be a part of the club.

This also gives members more time to reflect and make proper posts and thoughts about the episode in mind.  Now we won't be strict about this.  If there is an anime you do not want to watch on the list, you are welcome to skip it.

This weeks schedule consists of:

I My Me Strawberry Eggs - Episode 3
To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 3
Angel Beats - Episode 3
Yumekui Merry - Episode 3
Madoka Magica - Episode 12

Viewed at 3 PST/5 CST/6 EST.

If you have any questions, please PM leaf, myself or make a post here.  If you need help finding torrents or streams we can help you.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

leaf

Since we're having both the skype viewing (assuming there is still interest in that) and having the bulk of conversation moved to the forums, we need to set the time for when the threads open for discussion of the latest episode. There will be a separate thread for each anime we will be viewing. Until the scheduled meeting time, let's keep the discussion in those threads limited up to episode 2 (ep11 of madoka). After the meeting is adjourned at 6 PST, the threads will be open for discussion of latest episodes.

Note that if you wanna talk about anything that's happened beyond where JAAA has watched to, it must be spoiler tagged.

edit: Links to the new discussion threads.

I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Angel Beats!
Yumekui Merry
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Kain

Don't forget people!  Tomorrow is when we watch episodes 3 for the shows, or episode 11 for Madoka.  It will also be the time the threads will be open for those episodes discussion for those who have either watched ahead or have already seen the series.

Atrius (He/Him)

I thought we were up to 12 for Madoka now.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

leaf

We are. We'll be finishing madoka tomorrow.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Kain

I wasn't sure.  Role canceled the past few times so I dunno.

Rolina

Delayed once, Canceled the second time.  If a meeting is canceled, people are expected to watch it for the next time.  If delayed, we'll try to watch the same episodes next week.

It's delayed if too many people have prior things come up - such as finals and work.
It's canceled if people just plain don't show up.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I have made a list of the people who have posted in this topic as a way to determine the estimate activeness that this activity could have.

1. Role
2. Atrius
3. Overlord Kain
4. Charon the Ferryman
5. zman9000
6. Whizkidhv
7. leafgreen386
8. DarkGriever
9. Salanewt - Page 5
10. Sleipnir36 - Page 6
11. charleysdrpepper (This is my first post here, but I have seen this topic before.)

Now, let's do our taxes and say that only 10% of them will come. Now we add on the tip, which is one person. I think 2 people sounds kinda.. eh..

At this rate, it may be better to do if monthly. You would need may 3 people with "definites" and like 2 people with "maybes... The definites would be the ones kicked out the following month if they do not come on the current month.

Anyway. You are stopping this activity now, right? Quitting? Well, good luck!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Charon

I have stated I have little to no interest in anime. Just a reminder to you all so you don't get bummed out or anything. :)

Kain

I doubt we're quitting so don't get your hopes up.  Today's meeting is going along and forum discussion is open for a week to allow other people who don't have/use/like Skype to comment on what they like for the show.

Charon isn't a member of the club.  She has no interest in anime.  EDIT:  NINJA'D!!!

and I've yet to see Griever or Sleipnir show up.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Okay, but like I said in the first line, it was a list of people who posted here. These people know about this activity, so I'm sure word can spread. (Like you may know someone that likes anime and tell one person... the probability...)

I'm not really that much interested for anime either.. so...

Oh, and think if there was a completely different reason that a person would come not to watch anime but to do as a friend says or something... eh. (It is unlikely, but there are some people who like to be nice.)

Anyway, taking 10% excludes the "I don't like it" people/etc.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Kain

This weeks JAAA session was a success.  As of today we have finished Madoka Magica and will resume watching only four shows, those being I My Me, Yumekui Merry, Angel Beats and Index.

Episode 4 coming up.  If people wish to drop a series after next week, voting will commence on doing so and if majority favors dropping the show, a vote will be set up for a new show to air in it's place.

Griever

Quoteand I've yet to see Griever or Sleipnir show up.
Yah i know i have not showed up .... i will graduate from University this week ... so i will be free to join -.- and i think i will have to catch up  >_<

Rolina

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 14, May, 2011, 10:38:52 PM
This weeks JAAA session was a success.  As of today we have finished Madoka Magica and will resume watching only four shows, those being I My Me, Yumekui Merry, Angel Beats and Index.

Episode 4 coming up.  If people wish to drop a series after next week, voting will commence on doing so and if majority favors dropping the show, a vote will be set up for a new show to air in it's place.
Really?  Who all showed up?

I had both a birthday celebration and a broken PC fan keeping me from participating... even now, I'm using a public PC just to view the site... God I hope the part I need gets in soon.

Kain

leaf, myself, Atrius, zman and Hoopa.  leaf left shortly after for dinner and Hoopa left midway through.

Rolina

Huh, not bad.  And here I thought that I'd probably be coming here to find out that nobody showed up again.  We'll see how things work next week, then.  I hope this attendance stays like this.