News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

tornadoe damage

Started by dwkjohn, 26, May, 2011, 01:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkjohn

Anyone had an bad tornadoe weather like on the news and out my window? Share any cool sad stories here.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I'm sorry, but I have not ever been directly affected by any tornado damage that I am aware of.. But I believe like a few years back (I forget exactly how long ago.)... When I was living at the other house... there was some hurricane storm or something... I believe it knocked a few trees (including into peoples houses)... I can't remember it too well, but I have a feeling our power did go out.

Besides that, we do do tornado drills sometimes in school. My school is an outdoor campus. So what you'd do is get by the wall facing opposite of the windows.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

dwkjohn

We have had alot of tornadoes lately. Its kinda freaky. 4+ tornadoes and the worst flood since 1930 somethin all in one month. We just had one barrel through about... 3 hours ago. I personally have been lucky but others haven't.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Charon

Just rain here, but its been TORRENTIAL. Yesterday at work I opened the door and I was literally poured on - there was at least .5 cm of water flowing down the sidewalk (even though there wasn't any real "flooding"). It's a good thing that we have fairly reliable storm drain system where I live; further south near Detroit there was quite a bit of flooding.

Rolina

* Role 's eye twitches.

Tornado.  There is no e.

But yeah, it's really bad.  One single tornado wiped out a town in Missouri, iirc.  Add on to that the fact that there's more and more hitting the area... and the major storm season has just begun... yeah... this is gonna be one hell of a year for weather.

dwkjohn

Sorry bout that e. Not a good speller. Yeah,  Joplin is no more. My cousin showed me a picture. They live just a few miles from there. And a friend of ours in MS found a checkbook from Tuscalusa in their yard from the one that hit a week or so ago. (Hope i spelled Tuscalusa right. :?: )
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Charon

Someone on GSR has already had a relative die in the tornadoes; it's pretty damn scary how many tornadoes are striking in the same area. We get the storms from the mid-west and they tend to "cool off" for the most part (unless they go over Lake Michigan) but even after the "Cool-off" the storm was just awful, like I said before. I can't even imagine what the storms in the mid-west were like. From the looks of it though it looks like it passed.

Hoopa

All I have to say is that they were downright terrible. Missed me, but not by much. Quite frightening really, and the downpour for the days after were not fun.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

dwkjohn

it flooded where i live so bad that we got out of school for three days.  it took me over 4 hours to get home the first day. i had to go into Arkansas down to Mississippi and back up. [spoiler] [/spoiler]
don't show the spoiler if you have a slow computer. it has a lot of photos of where i live.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Pkmn-Master

Wow, that's horrible!

On my neck of the woods, it's been storming since the beginning of the week. Two days ago, I ran from the school to my car and I discovered I left my window open. :fury: Driving home was like driving a speedboat through a creek.

Anyway, here's to hoping the rain stops sometime soon.

Charon

Pics if you still don't believe me on the flooding. Didn't hit my area but a little further south O.o

It was crazy. Yesterday the water was flowing on the sidewalk. It wasn't due to flooding - the street wasn't overflowing, but the rain was so hard that the water was flowing down the sidewalk like a creek. Jesus I still can't get over it.

I heard a lot of houses in the Livonia area got really badly flooded. O.o That's about 30 miles from my place.