News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Taxes

Started by Salanewt, 19, April, 2011, 11:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Yeah, the absurd gas taxes hurt the poor.  Sales tax?  It doesn't affect the rich.  They HAVE money to spend.  Businesses, on the other hand, need to have tax breaks to be competitive in the world market.

Most liberals, in my opinion, either get by on mommy's back and don't know what it's like to actually live on your own, or are so idealistic it borders on the naive.  That's why people vote conservative - because libs are waaaaay too extreme.  We -should- have a nice balance of liberal to conservative, but extremes are really offputting.

For example, if you disagree with Obama, you're a racist.  That's the argument against legit complaints.  If you support the republican suggestion for the Medicare fix, you're killing granny.  Disregard the fact that it drastically increases funding for medicare in a way the freaked out many conservatives, and the fact that the democrat solution takes away money from medicare.

Gee, I wonder... Jamie, I really wonder... should we go with the conservatives, who are freaking out at the 14 TRILLION dollars in debt, or the liberals, who think we should spend even more?  I dunno, to me, libs freak me out with how extreme they are.  Same with the rest of the country.

Salanewt

Actually, there is something that I have to call you out on. While most of what you say is true about the US, there are a few differences when translating it over to Canada. The big one is about the Liberals. Liberal Part of Canada =/= liberal viewpoints in US. Our Liberals are actually the midpoint; the NDP are more like the liberals that you talk about. Granted, many of our Conservatives are making them out to be like the NDP (which is the party that thinks money comes out of the air).

Businesses might, but some of these corporations are loaded.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Aye, they've crazy radical here.  Their party and ideals have really been hijacked and perverted to hell here, so in the US at least Liberal and Conservative have come to mean different things.

Then again, it's very likely to be different in every country.  However, right now we're talking about the US' tax policy and how it's totally screwing us.