News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

JAAA - Puella Magi Madoka Magica [ep12] (finished)

Started by leaf, 11, May, 2011, 09:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaf

Discussion thread for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. This anime has been completed, so expect unmarked spoilers.

Anime Overview:

Quote from: TV Tropes[img float=left]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/acidadept/madoka-magica_9819.jpg[/img]Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Madoka Kaname is an Ordinary Middle School Student with a working mother, a stay-at-home dad and a close circle of friends. Other than a strange dream about a black-haired girl fighting off a huge monster in a ruined city, her life is a peaceful one. Then, one day, that black-haired girl, Homura Akemi, transfers to their class.

Things begin to change when, after school, Madoka hears someone's voice calling out to her. This voice belongs to Kyubey, a small ferret-like creature. She and her best friend, Sayaka Miki, then find themselves in a bizarre dream world where they witness an upperclassman, Mami Tomoe, transform into a magical girl and save them from otherwordly monsters. Kyubey then asks Madoka and Sayaka to become magical girls, too...

Too bad things simply are not as they seem to be.

Bringing together an all-star staff, Puella Magi Madoka Magica has Studio Shaft animating, Shaft's primary director Akiyuki Shinbo directing, Yuki Kajiura producing the music, Nitro+'s Gen Urobuchi writing and Ume Aoki designing the characters for Shaft's first original series. The show started airing in January as part of the Winter 2011 season.

Currently has two ongoing manga series: a manga adaption of the anime, and a spin-off entitled Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice, which focuses on a different cast. A third manga series, Puella Magi Oriko Magica, will be released after the anime's conclusion; it will be a prequel featuring the eponymous Oriko along with Kyoko and Mami.

Link to JAAA General thread: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1275.0
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Kain

Okay so...everyone should be around episode 10 so I'm just going to outright say, the witch world is trippy and I LOVE the opening and ending themes for this show.  They just fit so perfectly IMO.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!