News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

JAAA - I My Me! Strawberry Eggs [ep3]

Started by leaf, 11, May, 2011, 09:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we continue to watch this show past episode 4?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: 02, June, 2011, 05:09:52 PM

leaf

Discussion thread for I My Me! Strawberry Eggs. Viewing is currently up to episode 3. If you would like to post anything about the series beyond that point, it must be spoiler tagged with an appropriate tag. Discussion for episode 4 will open at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST Saturday, May 21st. Do not post any unmarked spoilers for that episode until then.
Anime Overview:

Quote from: TVTropes[img float=left]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/acidadept/strawberryeggs.jpg[/img]I My Me! Strawberry Eggs

The really weirdly named story of a gym teacher who has to crossdress to get a job.  I My Me! Strawberry Eggs is a thirteen-episode anime series created by TNK and Pioneer and initially ran on Japanese TV in 2001.  There is also a manga adaption.

The series follows Hibiki Amawa, a young, idealistic man who has recently graduated from college with a degree in physical education.  Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to find an opening in his field, and is behind on his rent so far that his landlady Lulu honds his dog hostage.  At least Hibiki finds an advertisement for a position at Seito Sannomiya Provate School.  But when he applies, Hibiki is turned down flat.  While the school itself is co-educational, the principal refuses to hire male teachers.

Upon learning the situation, Lulu offers to help Hibiki out by disguising him as a woman – turns out that the landlady has a suspiciously field-ready assortment of gadgets for just such a purpose.  Sure enough, with this and some slightly altered paperwork, Hibiki is able to start work at school.

Naturally, things don't go smoothly.  Not only does Hibiki have to conceal his true gender from everyone at school, but the misandrist attitude of the school administration is causing discipline problems with the male students and friction between boys and girls.  And when one of Hibiki's students, Fuko Kuzuha, starts getting a crush on "her", well...

But it isn't all bad news.  Hibiki manages to connect with the students and mediate between them with some success, and even gets the administration to ease off on some of the more blatantly stupid rules.

Link to JAAA General thread: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1275.0
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Kain

I'm not sure if this show is about fan service for loli lovers or people with a fetish for cross dressers.  Could be both actually.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Kain

Nominations to remove I My Me Strawberry Eggs, vote here.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!