News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Some Information About These Digits...

Started by Salanewt, 25, June, 2009, 11:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Now, I am sure that many of you have seen the 4 unknown digits that are above the rewards and under the moveset(s) of an enemy. I have noticed that many enemies are related because of these. Many enemies do not change if you change these numbers, but I have started to notice more things...

Briggs, Sea Fighter, and Chestbeater have, from left to right, 20, 75, 24, 0.

Ruffains that you fight when you control Jenna, and Toadonpa have 20, 75, 24, 0.

Moapa, Bandit, and Thief have 20, 75, 0, 0. *So does Seabird, but it is not a boss.

Knight (Moapa's team) has 23, 85, 24, 0.

Also, Saturos, Menardi, Sentinel, Valukar, Serpent, and Karst have 12, 13, 0, 0.

King Scorpion and Avimander have 12, 13, 24, 0.

Agatio, Dullahan, Storm Lizard, Tempest Lizard, and Star Magician have 8, 9, 0, 0.

Star Magician's Balls (Anger Ball, Guardian Ball, Thunder Ball, Refresh Ball) all have 0, 0, 0, 0.

Doom Dragon and Fusion Dragon have 0, 0, 0, 0.

All of the Djinni have 32, 69, 0, 0.

Tret has 16, 17, 0, 0.

Kraken has 16, 17, 24, 0.

Aqua Hydra has 24, 23, 85, 0.

Poseidon has 31, 60, 0, 0.

Killer Ape has 31, 60, 24, 0, 0.

Does anyone else notice a pattern forming among some of these numbers (excluding the 0's)?

Also, bosses that have normal enemy clones (Chestbeater, Wild Gorilla) will have the same numbers as their clones.

Briggs has the same numbers as Moapa, plus one number that matches King Scorpion. Also, King Scorpion has the same numbers as Karst, as well as 24, the same number that Moapa's Knights and Briggs (his Sea Fighters and the Chestbeaters as well) have as their third. This is just to name a few similarities.

Does anybody have any idea what these do?

Changing Aqua Hydra's numbers to match Briggs' numbers appeared to do nothing. Nothing hapenned when they were turned into Doom Dragon's numbers. I also noticed that many enemies have 24 as their third digit, but the first two are different for some of them.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

*I am going to change Seabird's last number (which is 0 for everyone), and I will see what that does.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 26 2009, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Yes there is a pattern, and there's also a pattern like that in the class editor with the bottom 2 numbers.

Squire class series - 15391, 0

Guard and Tamer class series- 3340, 0

Wind Seer, Dragoon, and Hermit class series - 17696, 0

Water Seer, Swordsman (Venus), Swordsman (Mars), White Mage, Mariner, and Pierrot class series - 0, 0

Apprentice, Page, Ninja, and Flame User class series - 17177, 0

Seer (Mercury) and Seer (Jupiter) class series - 24, 0

Medium and Dark Mage class series - 21783, 0

Pilgrim (Mercury), Pilgrim (Jupiter), and Ranger class series - 19220, 0

Brute and Samurai class series - 2312, 0

Salanewt

Oh yeah. I wonder why I never noticed that before...

Anyway, thank you once again. These might be useful, but I am still thinking about the others.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Salanewt

I just realized something about the digits (I still have to test it)...

Maybe these 4 digits decide how often an enemy will appear...

This will not work for bosses, obviously, but for regular enemies, these numbers might decide, for example, how rare it is to see a Pheonix in Magma Rock (this is why related monsters share these numbers, because if one monster is rare, then why should its relatives be common)?

This is just a guess because you would think that these numbers should be with the group editor... That would explain why Djinni all have the same numbers, but their numbers do not match any other monster. You can only defeat each one once (you can fight them more than once if they flee). However, I do have some doubts on this theory...

Djinni have 32, 69, 0, 0.
Mimics have 16, 17, 0, 0 (same numbers as Tret, similar numbers to Kraken).
Mad Plants have 24, 0, 0, 0 (the same numbers as Vermin and Demon (I think).

Also, has anyone else noticed that for pretty much every monster, the last number is always 0? Maybe that affects something...

I am also starting to think that the order in which the numbers appear might not matter as much...

I also noticed that all of the enemies with 24 in their list of numbers initiate battles with you, but the rest of them either have a minor cutscene or you initiate battles with them. I have not seen many regular monsters with 24, except for those who are related to Chestbeaters (among a few others with 24). Also, you approach Sentinel and Star Magician, while the Mad Plant approaches you (but you cause the mini-cutscene, which might be why it has 24 as its firswt number, and the rest are 0).

I hope that these are somewhat accurate, and I hope that everyone has a nice day.

I changed Seabird's last number to 20. I am not sure if it had any effect, but it appeared to not appear as often. However, when I changed more monsters to have 20 as well, nothing appeard abnormal. I then went to the world map, but the game crashed shortly after. I am not sure if changing the number to 20 had anything to do with it. I will try changing it to 1 and I will see if that does anything.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 26 2009, 10:06 AM

Rolina

WHen you get results/figure it out, don't forget to add the info to the unknown values thread.

Salanewt

I also noticed that all of the enemies with 24 in their list of numbers initiate battles with you, but the rest of them either have a minor cutscene or you initiate battles with them. I have not seen many regular monsters with 24, except for those who are related to Chestbeaters (among a few others with 24). Also, you approach Sentinel and Star Magician, while the Mad Plant approaches you (but you cause the mini-cutscene, which might be why it has 24 as its firswt number, and the rest are 0).

I hope that these are somewhat accurate, and I hope that everyone has a nice day.

I changed Seabird's last number to 20. I am not sure if it had any effect, but it appeared to not appear as often. However, when I changed more monsters to have 20 as well, nothing appeard abnormal. I then went to the world map, but the game crashed shortly after. I am not sure if changing the number to 20 had anything to do with it. I will try changing it to 1 and I will see if that does anything.

I changed Mimic's third number to 24 (the mimic in the temple where you get Lash), but nothing appeared to happen. With all of this information, we have several ideas as to what they might do. Here are a few of my guesses... I know that it is the correct mimic because it dropped a Halt gem.

- They are just indicators. The numbers tell you specific details about them (eg. 24 means that they start the battle with you, not you with them). Changing the numbers does nothing, since these just indicate what happens in the original file. To change these, the coding of the game should be changed.

- By changing these, it might be possible to change events/how the enemy is met. Having the number 24 seems to change how a battle will start. Enemies with similar numbers might be related, and more likely to appear together (if allowed in group editing mode).

- Enemies that are related to each other share traits (mainly wild enemies, eg. Dino and Dinox). Because they have similar numbers, they will have similar traits. Possibly affected by how often they will appear in an area.

- It might be possible to decide how compatible they are with certain moves, and if they are likely to be affected by status ailments like stun, or sleep.

- The numbers affect different abilities, such as Posiedon's shield, and Doom Dragon's three heads each being a seperate enemy.

- The numbers indicate what happens when you defeat the enemy. Posiedon dies, you can go to Lemuria. Briggs dies, and you can continue. A Djinni dies, and it joins your party. This might explain why many anemies have different numbers, or else the game would not register certain commands or paths in the programming properly.

- It could be any variation of these, or any of these at the same time. This would mean that they could determine both immunity to status ailments and special abilities.

- The numbers are indicators, but the corresponding events can be changed. However, different numbers indicate different events.

- These numbers are used to prevent the game from crashing. Since many animations are used in the game, as well as many movesets (not to mention multiple movesets), then these numbers are required to prevent the game from not reading a command properly.

- I have noticed that the final number for every enemy is 0. I have not found a single enemy with their fourth number being anything different. Because of this, I will type in different numbers for fighting that Mimic again. You will see these either at the end of this post, or in a new post of somebody types a new post to go after this one.

These are just some of the ideas that I have. The ideas that are underlined means that I do not think that they would be correct anymore. However, I have posted even those that I do not think are correct anymore for speculation (and just in case I am wrong).

Also, I noticed that there are two zombies in the editor. One of them has the numbers 20, 75, 0, 0. The other one has 20, 0, 0, 0. They are the same monster, but one is weaker than the other. I think that the one with 20, 0, 0, 0 is the same zombie that is in the Djinni tutorial in Golden Sun 1.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 30 2009, 08:17 AM