News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Open Gba Files

Started by Isaac, 12, June, 2009, 09:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac

Well,i need help of everyone,i need some kind of tutorial
or program with i can unpack a GBa File,like the Golden Sun,
i want make my own creations :D

Plus,i want make a mix proyect (later i talk of that)
well,i wait for good answers.

Thanks!    

Rolina

Umm... what?

Can you repeat that in a variety of English that is understandable, because I've got NO CLUE what exactly it is you're trying to ask...

It SOUNDS like you're asking if there anything called a "Golden Sun Editor", but that can't be right... you're on the site that hosts it...

Salanewt

Oh, are you talking about a decompression tool to extract graphics and music files from the game?

I am not sure if any tools work for graphics for Golden Sun, but there should be some universal programs that work for music. I am not sure what they are called though, since I have not used one before. The best program that I can think of for graphics would be Atrius' editor, but it can edit fewer things right now. Again, I should be able to start using it within the next few weeks when I get a new computer, but until then, I will not speak as if I have used it.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 12 2009, 10:05 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

GBA roms don't have a filesystem in them like DS ones do, so there isn't really anything to unpack per say.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Isaac

well,i will got a try with that,thanks for the answer...

and Role,my apologies with you,really i have a very bad problem with
my english,i can explain you really what happen,but if you want
konw it,send me a PM.

Isaac

dang....
ok,im are out of ideas now....yet?
well,i will play Golden Sun now :D

Salanewt

I know that this is a little late, but the closest things that I can think of for 'unpacking' any game would be to find an editor for the game. I think there is a program called game-maker, but I have never used that, so I do not know if it works the way you want it to.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Salanewt on 26, June, 2009, 05:15:00 PMI know that this is a little late, but the closest things that I can think of for 'unpacking' any game would be to find an editor for the game. I think there is a program called game-maker, but I have never used that, so I do not know if it works the way you want it to.

Have a nice day.
Golden Sun TLA Editor was written in Game Maker, and no it does not work that way.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Oh yeah... I really should learn how many of these other programs work.

Have a nice day.