News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Unlabled Values

Started by Role, 22, May, 2009, 05:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Greetings, fellow testers!  As we all know, there's quite a bit of stuff that we don't know what the hell it is.  This is the thread you will use to post your findings as you fiddle with stuff to find out what it is!

Now then, for the purposes of this thread, if something referrers to something character specific (such as in the class editor), don't refer to them by name, but rather by the character number (as seen in the character editor).

Alright, I'll start off with some of my findings in the class editor.

Class editor, top value.
1 = Character 0 and Character 4's base class.
2 = Character 1's base class
6 = Character 3's base class
7 = Character 2 and Character 6's base class.
12 = NPC class
13 = Character 5's base class
14 = Character 7's base class
15 = If Mysterious Card is equipped
16 = If Tamer Whip is equipped
17 = If Necronomicon is equipped.

After swapping values 13 and 9 between the Fire Monk series and Flame User, Character 5's base class was now the Fire Monk series, and after setting 5 fire djinn (I forgot to change the element level requirements for the Flame User series), character 3's class changed to Flame User.

I can tell these are linked to the characters, so what we need to do is figure out the specifics.  There must be a place in the code that says which class values a character can use.  If we could solve this and figure out how exactly it works, we could have 0.3 have a class selection thing in the character editor.  In otherwords, we could have a way to tell which classes a character can use.  VERY useful for making certain characters NOT SUCK due to having crap for class selection, and for taking out duplicate classes.  Not to mention the sheer potential it brings for custom classes.

Zach

Just remember this, when you switch classes, their requirements will swap. Example: I switched Felix's/Isaac's base class with the apprentice class. That makes the apprentice class exclusive and the Squire class available. However, in order to get the Squire class, Felix/Isaac had to equip a jupiter djinni to get the Squire class

Rolina

When you change the class, you'll need to change the values as well.  So zach is right, the requirements change.  I tested all of this by swapping Jenna and the Page(I think) class.  But I forgot to swap the requirements for page, so after adding one fire djinni to Ivan, he went NPC.  After adding five, he went Flame User.  So yeah, if you change base class, you'll need to change the element level requirements as well.

However, you can use this to your advantage.  Who the heck ever uses the useless Trainer Whip and Mysterious Card?  Just give them to Sheba and Felix, change the classes to their own unique classes and stats, and have it so that only they can equip it.  Oh, and don't forget to adjust the element level requirements as well.  Once we get a text editor, you can name these new unique base classes as well!

I gave Felix plant based psys, and based him off of Isaac.  He had the Ragnarok, Growth, Throrn, Punji, Cure, and Revive series.  He's got lower speed, but higher HP than the Squire class.

Sheba was based on Ivan, and got the Slash, Whirlwind, Plasma, Delude, Paralyze, Dull, and Weaken groups.  She has lower attack, but higher defense than the Wind Seer class.

thenightsshadow

My guess is that the base class overrides everything.  Like, if you move Enchanter to 5 Jupiter instead of 1 Jupiter and 1 Venus, there's a gap at 1 Jupiter and 1 Venus.  So, when that gap happens, you have two possible classes, and the base class takes priority.

That's my guess as to how it happens.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

thenightsshadow

Quote from: Role on 09, June, 2009, 03:23:00 AMI gave Felix plant based psys, and based him off of Isaac.  He had the Ragnarok, Growth, Throrn, Punji, Cure, and Revive series.  He's got lower speed, but higher HP than the Squire class.

Sheba was based on Ivan, and got the Slash, Whirlwind, Plasma, Delude, Paralyze, Dull, and Weaken groups.  She has lower attack, but higher defense than the Wind Seer class.
Man, we think alike.  I gave Felix (in the HM Hack) Helm Splitter, Growth, Thorn, Punji, Rockfall, and one other psynergy series (forget).  And Sheba got Bolt, Slash, Gale, Thunderclap, Dull, and Weaken.  Heh.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Rolina

@jamie:  The trainer class series as the worst stats in the game, though.  Oh, and do kindly tell me what value the mythril bag is in the class set?

The reason I used those two?  Necromage is the best of the three.  So... Would you kindly test it in the editor before you claim you could do that?  Because I'm fairly certain that there is no class value associated with it.  No matter what you do, you'll be stuck with class value 12: NPC.  Under the current editor, what you suggest cannot be done.  IF it could, I'd have used one of the dummy items (the ones called '?').

Aile~♥

Would be nice if I could test these things. They are just ideas. So far, I can't use the editor. Would it be possible to assign a value to the Mithril Bag?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Not in the current version of the editor, no.  Once we understand these values, we'll be able to do it, though.  Anywho, if anyone has anything about some other unknown value, it'd be great to hear it.

Look into figuring out how to dual boot.  I know people with macs that dual boot to run windows for those windows-only programs.  It'll mean buying windows, though.  You'll have to pay money either way.

This post has been edited by Role on Jun 9 2009, 10:31 PM

Aile~♥

The Trainer's Whip is amazing once you get to Beastkeeper. Nobody messes with the Gryphon Psynergy. 500 damage a hit!!! And honestly, you know what I'd do? I'd make the Mythril Bag bestow a class, so that Felix's class is different from Isaac's and you can still use the Trainer's Whip and Mysterious Card. (Both of which have some fairly awesome Psynergy.) The Tomegathericon is excellent at Necromage, so using it is out of the question. Then take an unused item, make it bestow an unused class, and then edit the class' stats and Psys.

Zach

Rolina

Already did it, zach.  It's why I recommended it.  It works.  But you have to remove it to cross-class your characters.  However, by the time we get the ability to change what gives you the class, we should also be able to change how characters get their classes in the first place, thus un-linking Felix/Isaac and Ivan/Sheba

Anywho, has anyone else figured out what some of these unknown values are?

Aile~♥

What if someone made it so that the mysterious card bestowed a different class depending on the element of the character that uses it? That could get quite interesting. Alt. Base Classes for the win!

weckar

hmmm perhaps, Jamie, perhaps... Piers as an Aqua Knight ftw xD

Aile~♥

Sheba not being an Ivan clone for the win!

weckar

so... what should sheba be? the badass mascot?

Salanewt

The Trainer Whip should also bestow different classes to different characters, maybe based on element, or if in the game's coding, there is a kill count...

Then it might be possible to have a kill count for specific monsters, and the whip will give specific summon psynergies depending on the amount of a type of monster killed.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

@weckar: I was thinking make Sheba wind and Ivan lightning. Since no one uses the Mysterious Card anyway (Trainer has better Physical Psys and higher Attack, and Dark Mage has better Psys and Revive), I was thinking have lots of Mysterious Cards available, and have them bestow a different class on each character. Of course, then you'd have to provide some that automatically come with Sheba and Felix.

Rolina

Guys... that's not what this topic is about.  Discuss that kind of stuff in a new topic please.

Salanewt

Sorry Role... Anyway, since I am waiting a little while to get a new computer, I was wondering if there is anything that I can test for either Golden sun, without using the editor. If not, then I will be of more help in a week or two.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach