News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

GSHC Android App

Started by dwkjohn, 19, June, 2011, 12:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkjohn

I have made an app for the forum. its not on the market. you can download it here. it is so much easier since I am always on mobile.

@Atrius: I just had a thought, is this breaking copyrights you have or anything. I am not getting money for it and its only here, not on the market. Is it ok to have this? I thought it might be useful.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Atrius (He/Him)

It doesn't bother me as long as you're not making a profit off of it.

Doesn't this just open a WebView control to the website though?  Seems like it'd make more sense to just put a shortcut to a bookmark of the website on your home screen since at least then you wouldn't be gimping out all the web browser features.

EDIT: It would seem I can't even type in any input fields so it's impossible to log in, let alone actually make any posts.  Much prefer using an actual browser.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

dwkjohn

Really? Hmmm. Works fine for me. I am using it now. I can't add bookmarks to my homescreen so this is easier than opening the browser, opening bookmarks, selecting the right one, and waiting for it to load. But I am disappointed that it doesn't work right for you. I wonder if anyone else will have this problem.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

zman9000

Quotehahah thats great! you should make an iPhone app
I second this statement. Could be useful since i have an hour trip from home to college. That would actually let me catch up in the DC Hack.
also on that note I (again for the 8th time) vote some one make a topic with all final information for the hack in one place.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Crystal Sonata

A Java version would be nice, for those more basic phones that run apps based on Java. I got a new phone with mobile internet that runs such apps today, and it would be helpful since i'm still lacking in internet for the computer. Of course, I haven't tried using it's browser to access the site yet, so it may work without an app.

EDIT: 4-6-12, Just got around to editing this. It seems the site has a mobile version to it, and my phone takes it well on it's standard browser with no adjustments. Looks like a Java app won't be needed, at least not for my phone.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.