News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Utilities Of Golden Sun!

Started by zach, 25, June, 2009, 12:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

That's why you balance the others, Salanewt.  Give wind healing, give earth and water buffs, etc...

Of course, each will have something it's good with.  Some buffs are cheaper in certain elements, for example.

This post has been edited by Role on Jun 28 2009, 05:50 PM

Aile~♥

Later in the game, Wind Adepts are useless. Wind needs some more classes with high Attack stats and Physical Psys.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

True enough. Ooh, I just thought of a good idea for a wind healing psynergy... How about Aurora Field? I am sure that it only works for the members of the team that are currently fighting, so it should be good. It does fully heal everyone, but I think it could be arranged so if a character manages to get to level 99, then they will learn really good moves.

Anyway, I guess I could divide the stat boosting psynergies... Attack to Fire, Defense to Earth, Resistance to Water, and the rest to Wind.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

If I'm not mistaken, Karst uses a move from the Aura series (was reading Zach's post on the top of the page)

Personally, I think it makes sense to use some djinn-like abilities with some of the Jupiter psynergies, as Jupiter djinn are notable for their unique abilities (like Haze and Kite). Why can't the Jupiter adepts have similar abilities as well, at higher levels?

It would make me use psynergy more than I do now XP

Salanewt

Oh yes, that would make sense. However, for some classes, there is not enough room for Djinni abilities. Also, I am still trying to figure out how to remove Douse from Piers (and then Aqua Hydra will drop a Douse Drop).

I am thinking of removing some of the moves that are used less often (or at least that I use less often, like the ray series) and possible work on making new classes that will have these moves (this should be hard, but I will try). However, I might also wait for the text editor to be finished, so I od not have to work on more than one thing at the same time. I think it would be neat to be able to use Kindle as a psynergy. However, their required PP should be around 35 (maybe higher) to prevent players from completely ignoring some Djinni.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Removing Ray? Heck no! That's my favourite Jupiter Psynergy series! Actually, that could be a good idea, if more Jupiter Wind (as opposed to Electric) Psys are added in. Then once we figure out how to give Sheba and Ivan different classes, Ivan could be Electric-based, with higher attack then Sheba, and Sheba could be Wind-based, with higher PP than Ivan. Also, give Ivan Astral Blast/Thunder Mine.

Ivan's Psy series: Bolt, Ray, Plasma, Astral Blast/Thunder Mine, Ward, Impact, Paralyze.

Sheba's Psy series: Gale, Whirlwind, and now we need two more... Maybe a 3-target Wind series, similar to Ray, but wind instead of electric? And a series similar to Plasma, using the glitch Whirlwind animation that Salanewt found. And for status moves: Delude, Sleep, Weaken.

Also, maybe Venus or Mars Adepts should get moves similar to Meld and Mold? Mercury could get Poseidon's Counter Rush.

Edit: I'm also going to post this in the Hacking Ideas topic.

Edit 2: Just realized that Sheba has too many Psy series in my example. I'm getting rid of Dull.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 29 2009, 01:32 PM

Drick9

Don't forget, gale and whirlwind are almost identical.
Also dont forget about the Slash Psynergy series

Salanewt

Hm... Do you have any ideas as to what I should do about Felix? I am thinking of making him have Growth and Thorn series. Also, I think that either the PP requirements or the amount that healing psynergies heal should be changes (lower healing/higher PP).

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

I suggest boosting the Psynergy cost of healing, not nerfing the healing. Revive should not be nerfed, it should cost 25 PP instead. Also, thanks for reminding me of the Slash series. That would replace Gale for Sheba. I'll go correct that in the hacking thread now.

Psynergies for Felix: Growth, Thorn, Punji, Helm Splitter/Skull Splitter, Demon Night/Thorny Grave, Curse, Condemn, Annihilation.

Drick9

I have actually been thinking over a Plant-using class. Probably called Druid, even though there already is one.

This is what i've thought up so far, however its not perfect. There's not enough psynergy i think would work for this kind of thing. Probably needs a buff or debuff type psynergy set. Another idea i had was to give it elder wood, or edit an offencive summon to call a mad plant. Gaia was only added to fill space, i dont know.

And yes, punjii would work just dandy. However i dont know if it leaves it any really strong psynergy sets, for use later in the game

Aile~♥

That's why I added Helm Splitter/Skull Splitter, Demon Night/Thorny Grave, and Annihilation.

Also, please put them in level up order so it's easier to tell what Psys the class has!

Also, Skull Splitter needs to get buffed, either so it gives more than +30, or so it's a multiplier, and cost more. As is, Skull Splitter is just Helm Splitter with a different animation and different name.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 29 2009, 02:59 PM

Salanewt

Oh cool. I like these ideas. Anyway, I am soon going to work on adding more classes... I think the plant idea is a good one. I am also going to have one that is purely defensive (healing, stat boosting, and maybe status ailment psynergies).

After this, I might have classes that raise one stat by 200%, but lowers another one to about 30%.

Anyway, I like this idea. Also, I think your discovery about being able to change the summoned monster for the trainer's whip is pretty neat. With this, I think I can work on changing the dummy psynergies so they can summon djinni.

Have a nice day.

Also, does anybody know how I can alter utility psynergies so they work from more than 1 space away (like Move).

Drick9

Just remember that if the summoned creature appears in-game, both sprties are changed. As well as the fact it is still unknown what points each monster summon to that specific monster.

Salanewt

Oh, I will remember, thank you. By the way, this also works for the Dark Mage's Call psynergies.

Have a nice day.