News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun: The Lost Age Editor V0.4 Released

Started by Atrius, 30, June, 2011, 08:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

I suppose "Error Reports thread" and "Downloads section" do sound kind of similar, thanks for making my job more difficult.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

ScottTheAdept

Ah sorry. I dont really know how to post a patch on a post...
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Certainly there is a fifth Shop Type...

081080D0 = I found assembly here that compares the values.. the compare with "04" would be the fifth Shop type.. this is assembly code read when going to artifacts in-game.

Also, I found the the ROM Shop Type value..

0810C4FA (for Daila's Item Shop) = All numbers ABOVE 04 do not have artifacts.

03 and 04 seem to act as a General Shop, only, the intro-dialogue is different making it sound more like a Weapons Shop.

I kind of wonder if there is more to it then that... I will be testing it further.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

That code does the exact same thing if the value is set to 4 as it does when the value is 3...
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

That part of the code is to show that it does use 04, not that it is any different.

Either way.

00 = Items Shop - Sells Item artifacts
01 = Weapons Shop - Sells only weapon artifacts.
02 = Armor Shop - Sells armor artifacts
03 = General Shop with dialogue that Ïf you need it, we got it." -Sells all artifacts
04 = General Shop(?) with dialogue of "Weapons Shop" - Sells all artifacts
05 = Like 04, but sells no artifacts. (Might not be a shop type.)
06 = " and so on.
Anyway, that code is for artifacts, I'm just saying it is what got me into checking the fifth shop type, so the use between 03 and 04 will include the same artifacts.

EDIT: Whoops, fixed numbering.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

[Version 0.4 Fix 2]  I've also replaced the regular v0.4 link with the fixed version, to verify if you have the latest version check the  "Help" > "About" section of the editor, the version should read "Version 0.4 fix 2"

Contains bug fixes:
- Some edited ROMs only display a black screen when run
- Attempts to fix "Cannot locate string" errors when run through a shortcut

If you were experiencing the black screen problem you can repair your ROM by editing any character's innate psynergy (Even though you may not have done so before experiencing the error).  Using the arrow buttons to the right of the innate psynergy list to change the order, and saving will suffice.  You can switch the order back afterwards, as long as you save inbetween.

Mastermind

Great job Atrius, this one came out much sooner than I expected.

Charon

This is great news, Atrius! A pretty quick release, too.

Rolina

Sooner than expected?  He said he'd do it by the end of June, after missing his previous two deadlines...

Charon

Well, its better than his last update, which was over a year and a half.

Rolina

Aye.  And if this is earlier than you expected... dang, y'all don't really have very high faith in Atrius at all, do ya?

Charon

Haha, yeah... but I kinda got used to a long time with no updates  :Sweat:

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Role on 01, July, 2011, 09:58:20 PM
Sooner than expected?  He said he'd do it by the end of June, after missing his previous two deadlines...

I'm pretty sure I never set deadlines.

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 02, July, 2011, 03:36:40 AM
Quote from: Role on 01, July, 2011, 09:58:20 PM

I'm pretty sure I never set deadlines.
I'm pretty sure he is right, I'm sure these statements were only giving us an idea when we should expect them, not that they would necessarily have to be out...

0.2 to 0.3
QuoteHrmm.... I'm not one to publicly announce deadlines I'm not absolutely sure I can meet yet, but at the moment the goal I'm shooting for is to have the next release out before the end of October.  If things keep going the way they have been for me though, that might not be possible.
This is NOT a deadline, this is a goal, as he clearly says.

0.3 to 0.4
QuoteThe release will be before the end of June assuming no more program breaking bugs show up.
This one's kinda... harder to tell.. but it still is not really a deadline since if he had program breaking bugs he can still get the editor in later.

-And if there was one from 0.1 to 0.2, I do not believe I was here to read it.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

Wait, so this is just people bitching about terminology?  Really?

Also, this was planned to come out ~march/aprilish, iirc.  Mentioned somewhere in the Cbox back one time we were bugging him about it.  However, that one really bad bug prevented the release for quite some time, and as it was a legit reason, the targeted release date was missed.

MaxiPower

dwkjohn

Quote from: Role on 02, July, 2011, 09:11:19 AM
Mentioned somewhere in the Cbox back one time we were bugging him about it.

exactly. he was probably just givinf a very rough estimate to get you off his back. that is not really a definite deadline. I mean, saying that he planned a deadline bcz "he mentioned it in the cbox that one time when we bugged him." really? is there anywhere where he posted an actual date instead of an estimate of what month?
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

MaxiPower

its not a deadline because you cant make deadlines when it comes to coding, you either work out the code or you dont... What's not to understand about how this works...? All you are doing Role is sounding ungrateful...

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]