News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Ice queen gem= Frost Jewel

Started by FelixWolf, 30, June, 2011, 08:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixWolf

Don't you all think that the Frost jewel is the ice queen?
i thought this cause they both have the same ability(Frost water).

Rolina

No, Cold Snap is a different psynergy group.  It's actually pretty strong, especially in comparison to the Frost line.  Think of it like the Whirlwind and Gale series - both do the same thing on the field, but the Whirlwind Series is stronger than Gale.  In this case, Cold Snap is stronger than Frost (much stronger, actually).

FelixWolf

well that is true but don't you think there might be some relationship between those two jewels?

ScottTheAdept

Random idea but maybe it "aged to perfection". It has been '30 years' as everyone rapidly repeats in-game and there was no telling what happened to the Frost Jewel.
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

Salanewt

Hard to say, but I think that it is just a distant relative of Frost. Some enemies can use spells from the Frost line (I was once hit with Tundra), and Norne supposedly has some Frost-like ability, if not Frost itself. Hey, I wonder if Frost still works as a utility in Dark Dawn?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

Quote from: ScottTheAdept on 01, July, 2011, 03:10:43 PM
Random idea but maybe it "aged to perfection". It has been '30 years' as everyone rapidly repeats in-game and there was no telling what happened to the Frost Jewel.
Uh... no? It's been a lot longer than 30 years that the ice queen has been trapped in that dungeon/in her gem. They're related, but they're different psynergy.

Frost made a so much more satisfying sound when it froze something =(
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

FelixWolf

yeah but maybe the frost jewel evolved to the Ice queen gem because of the rise of the Golden Sun

leaf

...did you not pay any attention to the plot behind this game at all? It's clearly stated that the ice queen and sand prince were sealed in their respective gems AGES AGO. It isn't a matter of the frost jewel "evolving" into the ice queen gem. The ice queen always had the power of cold snap, and she bestowed it upon you when you resealed her in the gem. The only thing that makes the ice queen gem special at all is that the ice queen herself is sealed in it; without her, it would have no power whatsoever.

If if the two are related at all, the frost jewel was made as an imitation of the ice queen's power, but it seems much more likely that they're entirely independent entities that just so happen to do something similar.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

FelixWolf

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 01, July, 2011, 07:25:58 PM
If if the two are related at all, the frost jewel was made as an imitation of the ice queen's power, but it seems much more likely that they're entirely independent entities that just so happen to do something similar.

It actually makes sense that the frost jewel is an imitation of the ice queen that only focuses in the utility of the ice queen instead of both utility and combat psynergy

Charon

I don't think their related either. I mean, taking the plot aside, a huge difference is that the Frost Jewel only bestowed Frost, while IIRC the Ice Queen Stone gives the whole Cold Snap line. Plus, the Frost Jewel, like most of the psynergy items in the games, could be put on anyone, and wasn't restricted by element affiliation.

Rolina

Frost Jewel can't be an imitation, as it contains the power of an actually existing psynergy - Frost.  This is something both Mercurians in TLA know.  Instead, it's the essense of the basic spell sealed within a convenient item.

The Ice Queen and Sand Prince Jewel, on the other hand, are a much more powerful item.  These are things that contain not just a spell, but a whole spell series, granting them to its bearer.