News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

What enemie attack do you hate the most?

Started by FelixWolf, 01, July, 2011, 08:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Enemie ability do you hate the most?

Djinn Damagers(Djinn Storm)
5 (71.4%)
Using your sumon Djinn against you
0 (0%)
Using your Characters against you(Demon Seal)
0 (0%)
Instant kill(Charon/Condemn/Fulminouse Edge)
0 (0%)
Sumon More enemies(Mistyc Call)
0 (0%)
Psynergy deacresers(Psy Granade)
0 (0%)
hp absorb(true Collide/Dark Contact)
0 (0%)
Grim inflictors
0 (0%)
Paralysis inflictors(Strom Blessing)
0 (0%)
Poison/Venom inflictors(poison beat)
0 (0%)
sleep inflictors
0 (0%)
Normal attack
0 (0%)
Alot of damage adder(Cruel Ruin)
0 (0%)
Counter
0 (0%)
None of above(please post it)
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: 04, July, 2011, 09:50:33 PM

FelixWolf

Well i just want to know what enemie attack does everyone hates the more, or believes it is the most powerfull/usefull. Althought i think i already know wich one will everyone pick *CoughDjinnStormCough*

Salanewt

I don't see a "I don't hate any of the above" option, so I am not sure if I will vote. Also, you don't have status ailments as an option?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

FelixWolf

Charon

QuoteInstant kill(Charon/Condemn/Fulminouse Edge)
Yes... yes... I do cause instant death... *stares*

(Actually, Fulminous Edge doesn't instant KO, but it does do a ridiculous amounts of damage)

Now come on, how can you not hate Djinn Storm. You'd have to be a extreme pacifist to not hate that.

Also, Sala, I edited the poll so you can vote "None/Other". Although... I think you're crazy for not hating Djinn Storm.

Hoopa

Imo, everything's fair game for the computer. They will always lose in the end anyway.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

Quote from: Hoopa on 01, July, 2011, 10:01:38 PM
Imo, everything's fair game for the computer. They will always lose in the end anyway.

This is why I do not hate Djinn Storm. Few enemies have it anyway, and it makes it so I have to develop makeshift strategies as I fight. Personally, I dislike it more when players are given cool abilities that few enemies replicate, like being able to end a round or go invisible (read: djinn that give players these abilities). I mean, having a ghost or phantom enemy going invisible would be really fun, adding a different challenge to those battles. Having a Mold-like Charm ability used by the Succubus would add a new twist as well, come to think of it. In the end, all of these options add minor challenges to battle, making it more interesting.

Charon: Cool, thanks. Felix doesn't mind though, right?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

For reference, in the CH, if I get my say in the matter (which I will), the only boss that will have djinn storm will be one specifically designed to be fought using only your base classes. Preferably as the second part of a two-part battle.

On a boss like dullahan, it's practically as good as a whole party kill, and unlike normal instant kill moves, there's nothing you can do to protect yourself from it. It just serves as a means to force summon spam, since if you take your time too much, you'll get killed. I'm not opposed to having a boss that forces summon spam, it's just... it's been done already. And technically, if dullahan didn't have djinn storm, you could beat him without summon spam without too much trouble; it would just take a good class/item setup and a lot of time.

@Sala: We can easily make enemies with those skills, and you'll find them to be increasingly frustrating to fight as you fight them more, as they waste your time. Going invisible would probably be best on either a really weak ghost enemy or on a boss. Maybe have a boss that's like the "grown-up" version of the normal enemy.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Oh, nice boss idea leaf.  That'd be a pretty clever boss.