News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Idea for a Golden Sun Megaman Hack

Started by FelixWolf, 01, July, 2011, 10:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixWolf

Well i just had the idea of making a golden sun hack about megaman x and zero, so i just wanted to know if some people would be interested in helping out with this, but i am not a pro hacker i am sort of beginner but with TLA editor it is kind of fun and easy, also ill see if i can do a video of the little progress i have

Hoopa

Ooh, Ooh. I can make sprites for you if you ever need them. It's fun!
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

FelixWolf

Great! i would love your help with sprites =D

Hoopa

Currently limited to items though. But still, got your back on those. iirc, there are a few I've done in Role's sprite topic somewhere.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

FelixWolf

cool, thanks alot for the help and don't worry any help is good help :)

Rolina

Oh, a reploid based one?

I'm gonna suggest changing elements into attack types, similar to the weapon cycle in BN6.  However, instead, try something more like how it was done in Xenosaga:  Slashing, Piercing, Crushing, and Beam are the "elements" in the game.  Also, thanks to how GS's system works, this allows enemy weaknesses to be different based on what attack would or wouldn't work vs their armor.

As for the djinn system, easily done via body chips (akin to how they worked in Zero series).  X would have innate Beam Element (X Buster), Zero would have innate Slashing (Z Saber), though I don't know'd have piercing and crushing yet.

Armor could easily increase resistances to different types of attacks, too.  Also, after beating bosses, you can easily code it so that they gain new innate attacks each.

Kain

Pierce and Crush?  If you're not too picky, go with the Falcon Armor for Pierce and the Gaia Armor for Crush from X5.  Though that's running with Role's suggestion.  Regardless, I'm interested and I'd be glad to help if I am able.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Rolina

That's for resist.  I mean main character innates - Axl won't work, since he'd probably be beam as well.  I can see a character with a spear or rapier for pierce, and... I dunno, gutsman for crush? Something with bashing attacks.

Griever

Usually,
Slash => Swords and daggers.
Pierce => Bows and rapiers (super rare .. Or at least i have not seen any).
Crush => Maces or hammers.

And i have no idea about Beam .... Well laser swords or Megamans gun?

Rolina

Xbuster is easily beam.  These are beam weapons - buster guns, laser guns, they're very very common in Megaman games.

Pierce also works as a spear
Crush also works as fists

FelixWolf

yeah role is right, and i was thinking of making the Void beam an unleash for a buster , and making a sword that the unleash is cutting edge (i must change the effect of cutting edge to make it fit), and yes the djinns would be element chips like in mmz: fire chip(fire djinn) electric chip(jupiter djinn) ice chip(water djinn) but i still can't figure out what to do with earth djinn

Rolina

No, I'd not do that.  Instead, go in and renamed the attacks based on actual attacks from the Megaman X series.  For example, a buster from the X buster line would unleash "Charge Buster".  IIRC, Z-Saber line's unleash could be the name of that wave at the end of his signature triple slash.  I don't remember it off the top of my head, though.

Check out the Megaman Knowledge Base for more info.  It should help you quite a bit.

FelixWolf

oh i see what your thinking role it's quite a nice idea  :happy:

Rolina

Of course it is.  I've been wanting to do something like this for some time now!  It's just... I already have enough projects as is, you know?

FelixWolf

Aile~♥

I think, rather than giving characters new innates after beating bosses, have the bosses drop weapons, and have each weapon give the character a different utility skill (in GS terms "Psynergy", but since we don't have to worry about that thanks to text editing, we'll just call them "skills") when equipped.

Also, because of GS2's system, projectile weapons are probably gonna have to be unleash-only. But that works well enough: With a double- or triple-damage effect, the X-Buster could easily have both a regular shot and a charge shot.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

FelixWolf

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 05, July, 2011, 05:53:37 PM
I think, rather than giving characters new innates after beating bosses, have the bosses drop weapons, and have each weapon give the character a different utility skill (in GS terms "Psynergy", but since we don't have to worry about that thanks to text editing, we'll just call them "skills") when equipped.

Also, because of GS2's system, projectile weapons are probably gonna have to be unleash-only. But that works well enough: With a double- or triple-damage effect, the X-Buster could easily have both a regular shot and a charge shot.
Good idea JamieTheFlameUser, oh and i am really interested in your Tales of Phantasia bosses, specially because i am a fan of the Tales game series

Kain

So, bosses.  Are they going to be original or are you going to use some of the mavericks from the series?  Because it should be obvious Sigma is going to be there, but what about Vile?
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

FelixWolf

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 06, July, 2011, 12:50:24 PM
So, bosses.  Are they going to be original or are you going to use some of the mavericks from the series?  Because it should be obvious Sigma is going to be there, but what about Vile?
Yes, i think vile could possibly be their because i like more the X and Zero Series than the original XD but still ill try to put bosses from every megaman game

Rolina

Aye, I think Vava might be a decent one to add.  However, I might recommend against any boss that isn't recurring over the series.  And don't use Sigma.  Everyone's sick of Sigma.  Even then, though... Vava's been used thrice already.  It may be a better idea just to use entirely new foes.

@Jamie:  I dunno, we may be able to find a way to have projectiles work - and since X's main style is ranged combat, that's gonna be important for him.