News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Battles you'd like to see

Started by FelixWolf, 02, July, 2011, 08:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

I think Clotho's Distaff needed a special skill with its own animation. You know, since Lachesis and Atropos actually appear for their unleashes, but Clotho doesn't appear for her staff's "use" effect.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 23, December, 2011, 04:16:12 PM
I think Clotho's Distaff needed a special skill with its own animation. You know, since Lachesis and Atropos actually appear for their unleashes, but Clotho doesn't appear for her staff's "use" effect.
Yeah, come on, Clotho, you lazy @%$£&!

Kide

QuoteThe other two sisters would kill her dead before she could even do anything
Only if they teamed up. If this was going to be a free-for-all, they'd be helpless.

QuoteI think Clotho's Distaff needed a special skill with its own animation. You know, since Lachesis and Atropos actually appear for their unleashes, but Clotho doesn't appear for her staff's "use" effect.
I agree with this, to be honest.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Kide on 23, December, 2011, 04:31:05 PM
QuoteThe other two sisters would kill her dead before she could even do anything
Only if they teamed up. If this was going to be a free-for-all, they'd be helpless.
They'd beat the crap out of weaker sister together, first, and start fighting themselves. You can do that in a free for all, that how it is.

Rockisftw

Quote from: Tetsuya the Azure Blade on 23, December, 2011, 04:58:11 PM
Quote from: Kide on 23, December, 2011, 04:31:05 PM
They'd beat the crap out of weaker sister together, first, and start fighting themselves. You can do that in a free for all, that how it is.

First thought is take out the strongest one, then mess around with whoevers left. Unless its obvious whose first AND second best, in which case 1 goes down, 2 goes down, and whoever feels weakest backstabs the last person alive <person 3>.
If one is to gain something, they must take it from someone else.
Such is the end effect of the Law of Equivilent Exchange. In the end, each breath you take is one you are taking from another person.
So, how does that make you feel when someone dies of deprivation?

If white people are white due to living in a climate with moderate sun and snow, and black people are black due to the large amounts of melanin in their skin caused by living under the taxing sun, why are asians [slanty eyed and yellow]?
Veryy intresting once I looked this up, it came up with "due to harsh conditions involving strong sunlight, strong winds [therefore, dust being kicked up]. It makes sense if you think about it, but thats the reason? Haha, trolololol.

Knight of Purgatory

you forget atropos' insta kill ability.
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

nuke vs. judgement

Battle: Who will live longer?  Ellen De-generous, David Letterman, or Will Smith?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Robert Joe

This one is a close call. They are both of about equal power, (Give or take a little, depending on the altitude at which the camera is located during Judgment's animation, and the model of atomic weapon) although Judgement, obviously for gameplay reasons, does not cause any noticeable effect once a battle has ended.

It would all depend on what the nuke is launched from, I believe. From a mobile launcher? Judgment would probably destroy the nuke's launcher before it could be launched. Dropped from a supersonic bomber? It would be out of Judgment's range long before it was noticed.

Sticking with the science vs. magic theme, what about this one?:

Or The Medic Vs. Mia?:

zman9000

Medic vs Mia... O MY GOD... I can't stop laughing....

dude also you just have to make more of those verses pictures as to makes it totally clear how insane and awesome this topic is.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Agreed.

Jew versus Christian

Oh, and another, but ironic one... zman's post count vs. my post count.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Robert Joe

Really? Wow. I am glad that you like them. They really are not too difficult to create, either.

As for Mia Vs. The Medic, this is what the battle would look like:

http://s1060.beta.photobucket.com/user/Robert_Joe/media/MedicAndMiaDiscussThePhilosophiesOfLife.mp4.html

And yes, ever since I have played Team Fortress 2, I have always imagined that Mia has a heavy German accent..... Speaking of things about Golden Sun that Team Fortress 2 has twisted for me:

Anyway:

I wonder if the image in the center should also be randomly changed as well...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

zman9000

Teawater you fail... youtube is owned by google... so its basically google vs google...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Robert Joe

[spoiler=My predictions on the battles][spoiler=Kraden Vs. Einstein]

In a brawl between the two, it is quite hard to say. But, since the two are probably matched in physical strength, I believe that I am going to go with Einstein. Simply because the weapons of his time (Aka. firearms) are far, far, superior to the ones that Kraden has access to.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Medic Vs. Mia]

I HAVE NO IDEA. I honestly picture Mia as basically a Psynergy-using version of The Medic, even down to her shouting "Oktoberfest!" and "Dummkopfs!" frequently (Even before TF2 existed, she, and all of Imil for that matter, struck me as being somewhat Germanic). So, as I said before, the entire battle would be this, in my opinion:

http://s1060.beta.photobucket.com/user/Robert_Joe/media/MedicAndMiaDiscussThePhilosophiesOfLife.mp4.html

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Wise One Vs. 343 Guilty Spark]

This would obviously depend on where the battle takes place. Installation 04? 343 Guilty Spark absolutely creams The Wise One. Weyard? The Wise One would win with almost no resistance whatsoever. But, in a neutral location, without 343 Guilty Spark's Sentinels and The Wise One's power from Sol Sanctum, I am going to go with Spark. His shields would most likely nullify, or at least greatly reduce the strength of The Wise One's direct Psynergy-based attacks against him, and I have a feeling that if his laser can take out a heavily-armored super-soldier, it can destroy a rock. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=King Harkinian Vs. Lord Babi]

Now that I think about this one, King Harkinian, easily. Since Babi does not posses any real combat abilities. Harkinian, on the other hand, has his Dinner Blaster and Mah Boi powers.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Google Vs. Youtube]

Google, without a doubt. They own Youtube, and they stood up against bloody China.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Hmm... I have one!:

Quote from: zman9000 on 08, December, 2012, 07:43:09 PM
Teawater you fail... youtube is owned by google... so its basically google vs google...
Blah, I was just testing my screenshot...

Google = Search Engine
Youtube = Videos

I know the two are owned by the same company, and it is partly why I put them in my versus. I assume we value the search engine more than the video host. But don't forget that videos are worth over a thousand words, so by Youtube, I guess I was referring more to all the videos of the net. (Including videos you might find on Facebook, Metacafe, etc.)

Actually, maybe I should have did this:

Google & Youtube VERSUS Facebook & Twitter & whatever site you choose already in existence on the net

Who wins after 10 years time? (Probably Google/Youtube.)

Audio with no video VERSUS Video with no sound?
Audio with low-quality grayscale video VERSUS Colored video with no sound?

Duck versus Goose?

Tea versus water?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Robert Joe

Google and Youtube, at least for me. I strongly dislike websites like Facebook and Twitter.

Audio Vs. Video all depends on the media in question, obviously.

Geese, probably. They are far more aggressive animals, and they have the special ability of leaving a minefield of their droppings wherever they go.

Tea is mostly water. Therefore, tea would not exist without water.

Yeah, I like google and youtube. Those are things that seem hard to live without, I guess. For example, there are Let's Plays / Tutorals on Youtube... and other silly stuff. And without google, we'd be relying on recessive sources like Wikipedia (If we were able to learn about it without Google.)

Facebook is just mainly known for connecting to people you know- but wait? We could already google peoples names from the start. (Since if you found them that way, you could request for their Skype name/etc. and what not.) I suppose Facebook is just a method of encouragement for connections. I kind of wish they never made the header bar blue, though. A different color (like black), might have been more appealing, me thinks.

As for Youtube, they have added something to encourage people to use their google account names. So, does this make you hate google now?

I read somewhere that Google didn't care if you used your real name as long as you had a full name that seems legit, is this true?
And I I have a feeling that Facebook does care, would this be right? (I might need to look that one up, to make sure.)

-
Audio vs. Video: How about a trailer on Golden Sun 4?

-
Unless you need to--- duck! That was close, you were almost hit.

-
To herbify or not to herbify?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Robert Joe

I just stay away from social networking entirely (Unless you consider forums like this one to be such).... Which I would assume is quite odd to hear coming from someone who uses their real name on online message boards.

--

With a trailer for Golden Sun 4, you would most defiantly want video. For all you know, the sound could be nothing more than music.

--

Duck? Where? I thought tha-*Hit by whatever object was thrown at me*

--

I will drink pretty much anything that contains caffeine, and most types of tea do, but basic water does not.

--

I wonder who would win in this battle..:

Oh? So that is your real name. I was curious that maybe you got it from a character in a game or something.. Especially since I don't recognize the thing in the avatar. I'm not too much for using real names myself, since 1.) practically anyone you knew could look you up, and suppose this person was the employer of a job you are trying to get hired at. ; 2.) Complete strangers are one step closer to knowing you in real life, with the possibility to cause negative effects... ; I, however, think I'm lucky, since my first-last name combination seems to be a common one, apparently.

Oh, well, to me it seems like google/youtube is turning more into a social networking site.. sort of. (Google did the Google+ and there's this +You label in the bar... etc.)

If the video turns out to be junk, then we'll never know if the audio was just as bad. That, and we wouldn't be able to rip the music out to put in hacks!

I think Alex would win because he has teleportation, levitation, and healing abilities! (I assume the guy on the right is a spy from Team Fortress 2? I played the game once, but then decided that I'll probably never play it again due to my disinterest in it, atleast not anytime soon, anyway.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Robert Joe

I am not too worried about it, as "Robert Joe" is a rather common name. Searching for it reveals a very large number of people, and in fact, I actually met someone else with name once. Yeah, it probably is not the greatest idea, but I am too uncreative to think of a proper username, and I have been using "Robert Joe" for ages.

Oh, and the character in my Avatar is a Shellcore from Shellcore Command.

--

Yes, that is The Spy from Team Fortess 2.

That all would really depend on the situation in which the battle takes place. If it took place in an arena, Alex. But, if it took place, say, in Sol Sanctum during the time when Saturos and Menardi stole the Elemental Stars, I am going to go with The Spy. He could disguise himself as either Saturos, Menardi, Kraden, Felix, or Jenna, and then just back-stab Alex the second his back is turned.