News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Summons Of Golden Sun!

Started by Salanewt, 25, June, 2009, 01:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Okay, this is a list of all of the summons that I know of (including the useable summons)...

Player can use.

Venus
Ramses
Cybele
Judgement
Zagan
Haures
Charon

Mercury
Nereid
Neptune
Boreas
Moloch
Coatlicue
Azul

Mars
Kirin
Tiamat
Meteor
Megaera
Ulysses
Deadalus
Deadalus (info in editor for the second Deadalus says "Second Strike.")
Iris

Jupiter
Atlanta
Procne
Thor
Flora
Eclipse
Catastrophe

Enemy Only.

Star Mine (power = 35) Used by Avimander.
Meteor Blow (power = 120) Used by Agatio and Flame Dragon (larger one).
Dragon Driver (power = 120)
Outer Space (power = 200)
Cruel Ruin (power = 200) Used by Doom Dragon (and by another enemy or two in my hack-in-progress).

I used the editor to make sure that I would not forget any of them. Also, it turns out that Deadalus has 2 versions (probably for 2 attacks during the animation), and I accidentally discovered that Star Mine was a "summon".

I thought that Rising Dragon was going to be a summon after I noticed that Meteor Blow is on the list, but it is not.

I hope that this list proves to be useful. I will type up more lists if they are needed.

Please feel free to add to this list if you find more, or if I missed any.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

P.S. Please do not forget to check out the utility list (if you want to).

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 24 2009, 01:03 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

How does power for summons and Psynergy work? I have a theory for the calculation, but I don't know if it's correct:

Power x elemental power%
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Honestly, I do not know how damage is decided. However, I think your formula is correct, so I will go with that as well for now.

Anyway, I am thinking of making a new summon (if possible). With this information, and any other information that anyone else might have, would you please kindly give me some ideas, as well as how I might be able to make it popular.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

We need a summon editor... I altered Coatlique to be an attack summon in the game, but she did like... 80 damage... meaning the HP% part of the damage is independent of the summon power.  The ability to edit summons will come in VERY handy...

Personally?  I want to make two versions of almost every summon.  A primary version, which uses a single type of djinn, and a secondary version, which uses two types of djinn.  Then there's a third class, the Non-Elemental summons.  These would be summons that have a light or darkness theme to them... Haures, Charon, and Iris, for example.  They'd use all four types of djinn.

If you want pure damage, go with single element summon.  Overall, you'll get more bang for your buck.
Double element summons often will have a secondary effect they deal to the enemy or a bonus for allies.
Non-Elemental summons will do a nice amount of damage, but will have no boost from elemental power.  They've got the best effects, though, and free up other party members to do other actions besides summoning.

So, it depends on your strategy for the battle.

I do plan on having the summons be challengable.  Doing so unlocks them for summoning... even the old mono-element ones.  Why?  Because I can.  It'd be fun.

Of course, I want to have an innate ability editor for monsters... Like how the Serpent gets 10x regen values, Sentinel gets immunity to psynergy... I'd have the summon themselves against you if you hit them with a summon type ability.  NO summoning against the summons.  They want you to prove YOUR power against them.  They already know how strong each other are...

So yeah, if you try to summon rush Iris?  Sucks to be you.

This post has been edited by Role on Jun 29 2009, 07:08 PM

Salanewt

I agree with you that there should be a summon editor. I think that there should also be a Djinni editor as well, so for both of them, you can change elements, power, effects, etc. Also, in these editors, you should also be able to change where to find them. I have wondered how the programmers managed to have single fight only Djinni in some areas on the world map. It would be nice to do this on my own (that way, I would also be able to have more Djinni that you can only find if you did not use a transfer password).

I also noticed that by changing Guard/Protects animation to match Cruel Ruin (animation is already the same, not the argument number), then nothing changes. Yet, if you change Cruel Ruin, then it changes to Guard (but it can be changed back.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 29 2009, 07:11 PM