News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Has this happened to anyone else?

Started by FelixWolf, 03, July, 2011, 03:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixWolf

well, i was using the editor changing the Psynergy and name of certain classes, but when i finished and started to play the game, i started to arrange my djinn so they would be the class i hacked but it wouldn't be that class, it wouldn't even be it's default class, it would stay either in paragon or disciple, does annyone know how to fix this?

Atrius (He/Him)

To whom does "it" refer, what are their elemental levels set to in the editor, and the elemental levels of the class you're trying to get.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

FelixWolf

Name: Derris Prince type: 1
Venus: 13
mercury: 0
Mars: 0
Jupiter: 0
was made for Isaac, was originaly Slayer but changed some psynergy and stats

Atrius (He/Him)

Keep in mind that those elemental levels are divided by 10 so basically you created a character with a base Venus level of 1.  Each Djinn you set to the character will add 1 level to it's corresponding element.  These levels are used to determine which class the character becomes.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

FelixWolf

Well this means that maybe by modifying the elemental levels/djinn levels maybe the problem would be solved?

Atrius (He/Him)

The only thing you can edit about the Djinn is the stat boosts they give.  They'll always give just 1 to their corresponding elements level.

FelixWolf

Atrius i tried to change the djinn that are nedeed to get the class i made but it still won't work D=. And now, no matter what djinn combination i give to each character they all end up beeing either dark mage or Disciple

Salanewt

From what I recall, every djinn of an element are the same; provided the amounts and elements match, all combinations should have the same effect. If the unit's level is 13, that is actually...

Level: 1
Resistance: 3

If I recall, the multiple of 10 becomes the level, and the remainder becomes the value that determines whether they are weak or resistant to something. To make the character match Slayer, you would probably need 130, + the resistance value.

However, if that is the class level, then you might have to explain more about what you are trying to do.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

FelixWolf

Quote from: Salanewt on 03, July, 2011, 10:16:55 PM
From what I recall, every djinn of an element are the same; provided the amounts and elements match, all combinations should have the same effect. If the unit's level is 13, that is actually...

Level: 1
Resistance: 3

If I recall, the multiple of 10 becomes the level, and the remainder becomes the value that determines whether they are weak or resistant to something. To make the character match Slayer, you would probably need 130, + the resistance value.

However, if that is the class level, then you might have to explain more about what you are trying to do.
well what i am trying to do is a class that has tremendous boost in every status, has high resistance to all elements, has psynergy pretty powerful and that it also has unleash effects as ability's, i also changed the name of a character but it seems that the name hasn't changed, i gave it all the ability's to be learned at lvl 0, and i also gave isaac a very very high stats( i think 998 each stat)

Atrius (He/Him)

Character starting stats/names e.t.c don't update unless you start a new save game as well.

FelixWolf

so is that what made all this happen? so then the only way solving this is by starting a new game right?

Atrius (He/Him)

Don't most of your characters only have like 1 base elemental level for their level, while the base classes require a minimum of 5?

FelixWolf

mm never thougth of that, if by elemental level you mean djinn the class i made has the following djinn:
3 Venus
2 Mars
2 Jupiter
2 mercury

Salanewt

Oh yeah, you will normally have to start a new save file before changes appear; names, stats, items, etc. are usually saved in RAM, so changing these things will only change the in ROM, not RAM.

Also, would it be possible for you to upload a snapshot or two of what things look like in the editor? That might help for giving us a clearer image on what exactly is happening; unless it is only the file thing.

Elemental level thing: Cool, but what are the elemental levels of your character, seen in the Party Members section?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Class elemental levels aren't just about Djinn, each character has a base elemental level as well which is taken into account.  For example if you still have Derris Prince set up the same way you said before he only has a base Venus level of 1 while the default base Venus classes require a level of at least 5.

FelixWolf

ah yes i think i understand now, so the base element also requires of what the characters natural element is, like felix is venus he will always have atleast a lvl 1 venus right?
oh and here is a screenshot of the editor(about the Derris prince class):
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/OriginalShadowZero/untitled.jpg

Atrius (He/Him)

>_< *starts ripping his hair out*

5, Felix has a base Venus level of 5.

Also it looks like you have the class separation patch enabled, I bet you don't even have any classes set up for the party 2 characters (4-7) yet.  That's probably a large part of your problem.

FelixWolf

so i need to deactivate the class separation patch and get a class setup to fix this problem right?

Atrius (He/Him)

Why did you activate the class separation patch if you have no idea what it does to begin with?

Deactivate it, and leave it at that for now.

FelixWolf

well i didn't activate it =S well i guess this is what happens when you let a two year old baby get his hands on your pc  :sad:

Salanewt

Oh, that patch makes it so you can give units 4-7 custom base classes. However, that prevents those units from using any of the other class setups; you would need to create new ones.

Not to worry though, deactivating it should revert things back to how they were before.

FelixWolf

Quote from: Salanewt on 04, July, 2011, 09:17:21 PM
Oh, that patch makes it so you can give units 4-7 custom base classes. However, that prevents those units from using any of the other class setups; you would need to create new ones.

Not to worry though, deactivating it should revert things back to how they were before.
Thanks Salanewt, now that i know what it's for ill only use it when it's necesary  :happy: