News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Sephiroth Boss

Started by FelixWolf, 03, July, 2011, 10:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixWolf

well everyone i am making Sephiroth a boss in Golden Sun and i wanted to show the progress i had:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ky_syv0RM
The Boss is based on Sephiroth from Kingdome hearts(not based on the Sephiroth of Final Fantasy).
and since i still don't have the sprites i put the sprite of alex, and modified dullahan to make Sephiroth, and well i guess i made him far too powerfull(regenerates 500hp per turn), only Dhaos can defeat sephiroth now.
i am open to suggestions on how to make him more interesting

MaxiPower

lol misleading...

You coulda atleast made it a Alex boss battle lol

FelixWolf

i know it looks like i am battleling Alex but i will edit the sprites once the editor is in V0.5

Rolina

...Sephiroth?  Really?  Isn't he overdone enough as is?  If you want a cameo, make it Kefka or something.  Someone who I'm not sick of.

Griever

I agree ... There way too much sephiroth or cloud related hacks ....
I hate kefka ... Though making the boss into something else would be nice ... Ultimecia/Edea maybe seifer? or even shiva or Ifrit .... (these two are super popular too) ....

FelixWolf

well i was thinking of either making the boss Sephiroth, Dhaos or Zeus(God of war) since those bosses(with exception of Zeus) where the hardest boss i fought

Aile~♥

Heh. I've made cameo fights of Sylph, Efreet, and Gnome from ToS/ToP. I also have an Undine fight in the works, but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Efreet was fun. He likes to summon explosive lava rocks... which either explode or summon more explosive lava rocks. Pain ensues.

Gnome just duplicates himself while attacking occasionally. Infinite Gnomes FTL!

You didn't even really try with Sephiroth. You call THAT pathetic excuse a Heartless Angel? Pah! It doesn't even look cool.

And you didn't even give him a different Supernova, you just used the regular spell. Seriously? And where's Meteor? You didn't change the effect of Shadow Flare/True Collide at all. Is it supposed to be a boring drain spell?

Apparently palette swaps don't exist either. Whatever.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

FelixWolf

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 04, July, 2011, 05:36:01 PM
Heh. I've made cameo fights of Sylph, Efreet, and Gnome from ToS/ToP. I also have an Undine fight in the works, but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Efreet was fun. He likes to summon explosive lava rocks... which either explode or summon more explosive lava rocks. Pain ensues.

Gnome just duplicates himself while attacking occasionally. Infinite Gnomes FTL!

You didn't even really try with Sephiroth. You call THAT pathetic excuse a Heartless Angel? Pah! It doesn't even look cool.

And you didn't even give him a different Supernova, you just used the regular spell. Seriously? And where's Meteor? You didn't change the effect of Shadow Flare/True Collide at all. Is it supposed to be a boring drain spell?

Apparently palette swaps don't exist either. Whatever.

i am currently having lots of trouble with the palette swap and sprites edditing because i don't know why but it appears that theyr not working pretty well(and also once the editor can accept new sprites ill see if my working sprite of sephiroth works well) and remember i still haven't finished him, i am still working on him

Aile~♥

It's quite possible to palette swap without editing the sprite at all. GS has five different palettes built in, and it's very easy to switch a sprite's palette in the editor.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: FelixWolf on 04, July, 2011, 02:12:14 PM
well i was thinking of either making the boss Sephiroth, Dhaos or Zeus(God of war) since those bosses(with exception of Zeus) where the hardest boss i fought
I sure do hope you're joking.

Sephiroth's a joke in FF7.  By the time you get to him, KoTR or not, you're powerful enough to wipe the floor with him.

FelixWolf

Quote from: Role on 05, July, 2011, 05:01:42 AM
Quote from: FelixWolf on 04, July, 2011, 02:12:14 PM
I sure do hope you're joking.

Sephiroth's a joke in FF7.  By the time you get to him, KoTR or not, you're powerful enough to wipe the floor with him.
in final fantasy he is weak, but you have to fight him in kingdome hearts, he really is a monster their