News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun DS: Thoughts, Hopes And Ideas

Started by Charon, 01, May, 2009, 04:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 07, May, 2009, 08:50:00 AM
Maxy... this ain't final fantasy, there are no dark crystals.

Hmm i hate the word cliche its thrown around to much, if something is deemed plausible then it shouldnt matter whats been done before because this isnt Final Fantasy. Taking ideas from other storys, adding to it and then building a beliveable situation is how imagination works

Silver Moon... cliche right? But when the game supports that it may indeed exist then to take the idea and run with it isnt a bad idea, infact its the opposite

Sheba fell from the sky:Why?

Anemos left Weyard:Why?

Sol and Luna (in Sol Sactum):Why?

These are questions left unanswered... however that point to an opposite world

War leading to the sealing of the lighthouses: War with who?

So if the people of Anemos went to the moon that means life can survive there and even live there pointing to the possibiltiy of other kind of Adepts (same building blocks Fire, Water, Wind and Earth)

Mars, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter are the four cloest planets to earth (In real life) thus chosen (not including the moon) so maybe you could say that the other 4 planets are closet to the moon (there not really)

Dracobolt

Ah, how does the game support that a "Silver Moon" does exist? Also, if we're taking that idea and running with it, it wouldn't be anything so spectacular, would it? To be sure, the Golden Sun is simply the golden light that appears when the Stone of Sages forms, so the Silver Moon would be the (rather unweildy) term for a flash of light that occurs when the lighthouses are all sealed and Alchemy disappears from the world.

I'm also curious as to how you get the idea of an opposite world from anything presented in canon. The bit about war leading to the sealing of the lighthouses, well, I'm actually just wondering where that's mentioned in the game script, 'cause at the moment I'm having trouble remembering if that's the canon or fanon reason for sealing Alchemy. A refresher would be much appreciated. Also, was it said that the people of Anemos went to the moon or that their city became the moon? I seem to remember it being the latter, what with there being that big ol' crater in Contigo.

Just playin' the ol' devil's advocate, to be sure.

Rolina

NEED. I.  REMIND.  YOU.  Sol seems to be thematic of Alchemy Itself - thus, being the Symbol of Alchemy.  Luna, the OPPOSITE of Sol, seems to be thematic of the SEAL UPON Alchemy, thus is symbolic of the Seal/Absence of Alchemy.  Switching Sol and Luna caused the power of Luna to weaken the alchemic barrier preventing you from reaching the star room.  Heck, the symbolism is why the theory developed that the Anemos are the ones who sealed away alchemy in the first place!

Aile~♥

The first GS at the very beginning if you bother to read it mentions something about man's dreams turning to war and endless riches and endless life and that sort of stuff.

And yes, the city of Anemos lifted up and BECAME the moon. This also hints that Sheba is an Anemos, and in a way that the Anemos created the werewolves.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

EXACTLY!  As in, there was NO MOON until the Anemos did that.  But the Sun has always symbolized Alchemy... why is the moon seen as the opposite, then?  If the moon only existed after the land of the anemos become Luna, then why is it that Luna is opposite Sol?  This is what lead people to think that the Anemos were the ones responsible for sealing away alchemy, and that Sheba may be their way of making sure that when it's unleashed, it's not abused.  Too bad she hit her head on the way down, though. XD

MaxiPower

"There is more in this world than just Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Black and White. There are a multitude of colors that you won't see if you just look at the world in two extremes."

Thats a quote from yourself on your deviant, Role.

And about how Anemos lifted off Weyard and became the moon, it sounds a bit farfetched, look at the size of the space mission from weyard and compare it to the moon as seen in the reflection in Garoh.. it doesnt add up

Rolina

No, that's a quote from the character I most play in Digimon RPs: Iwakami Shinju.  But close enough.  This is never truer than it is in Golden Sun - I actually don't even think that Alex is truely evil.  I think he simply completed one step of his plan.  Remember when he said he'd destroy Vale?  Well, Vale was going to be destroyed anyways.  They'd been warned and had evacuated.  I think he had other motives.  Not to rule the world or anything, but to set up a chain of events to prepare for the day when alchemy had to be sealed once again.  And I think he was in cahoots with the Anemos in order to do that.

AFTER ALL... "There are no evil people  in Golden Sun".

Atrius (He/Him)

Except for Dodonpa.

Alex unsealed alchemy, attempted to take the Golden Sun's power all for himself, and immediately started a plan to seal it again?  How does that work out?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Do you think we will see anopther Donpa/Dodonpa/Lunpa sort of character in the next game,

(Lol)unpa

Aile~♥

This doesn't make whole lot of sense, but maybe Role is saying that Alex immediately tried to abuse alchemy so that people would seal it away again?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 09, January, 2010, 12:33:19 AM
Except for Dodonpa.

Alex unsealed alchemy, attempted to take the Golden Sun's power all for himself, and immediately started a plan to seal it again?  How does that work out?
No, so that eventually, once they start to abuse it again, he'd have set up the stage for it to be sealed, starting the cycle over again.  Basically, he's the insurance plan in case humanity screws up again.

And Dodonpa was just a rotten brat.  Not truly what you'd call evil, from a traditional jRPG standpoint.

Salanewt

Yeah, in fact, the closest people to being evil are not really so (although I like playing a game in which there is no actual force of evil (for once)). I hope that in Golden Sun DS, Camelot avoids having a purely evil side. However, it would be nice for someone who does have bad intentions, and not for any apparent reason than to be evil (even if they are not the main antagonist).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

I highly doubt alex had any good intentions behind what he did...

Either go watch the ending sequence again or just read the script here (the last entry on the quotes section): http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Alex

Makes it pretty obvious all he cared about was the power. Even if he did have "good intentions," the most he could do is pull a schneizel and threaten to blow up anyone who doesn't agree with his perception of world peace. And since power corrupts...
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

This is true. Well, as long as he is either dead or an old man, then that will be good too (had an odd dream of something like him being old and trapped in the remains of Mt. Aleph, but then there was a cell phone...). In fact, a role reversal would be neat again (kind of like in the transition between the two games), where the protagonists are bad until a certain event. Then again, I am kind of sick of these, so...

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Remember, Alex is a master manipulator.  You could just be fooled by him.  Or... It could be that Alex himself was being used. He may THINK that he's got all this power, but then you turn around to find that someone led him to get that power only so that they could use him to seal alchemy away again, should it be needed.

Or... even worse...

Alex, after getting absorbed into the heart of Weyard, begins to gain power of Weyard itself...  To the point that Alex more or less BECOMES Weyard...  Now THAT would be a scary thought.

Salanewt

Makes sense. But if he becomes Weyard, then hardly anything should change because he is becoming a land mass, not the land mass becoming bad like he was (even if not too evil).

Still not sure why someone would trick him into wanting the power if they would just want to seal it again. If Alex were to get Alchemy, and then have it sealed, wouldn't the seal also block his fraction of the golden power? It would almost be like he never got it at all, because all of Alchemy is resealed.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

No, it's like how in FF7AC Sephiroth had entered the lifestream and began corrupting it, causing geostigma.

Also, NO.  Alex took the power so that nobody else would take it.  He wanted to test it to make sure it's what he'd been told, and chose the empty town of Vale.  Then?  He pulls a Lelouche.  He demonizes himself in the eyes of others so that someone may come and strike him down.... In essence, the power of Sol has been slain, causing it to become Luna.  Or something.  And when alchemy needs to be sealed again due to misuse, that power of Luna is what will be used to seal it.

leaf

I like the way both of our examples came from code geass =p

The problem with your theory is that he was trying to attain not only infinite power (as in... who's gonna stop him?) but also eternal life (no one could stop him even if they rivaled him in power). If he had gained these two things, there would be no one who could take him down, and the people would know that. The only reason he was stopped by the wise one is because the wise one had already interfered with the formation of the golden sun before it actually happened. Furthermore, there has been no war yet. He doesn't have a reason to unite people against him. Now, he might have reason to unite the people under his power... hence why I think the closest thing to "good" he could do is pull a schneizel.

QuoteRemember, Alex is a master manipulator.  You could just be fooled by him.
...who would he be fooling up at the top of that mountain? The birds flying by? I'm certainly not ruling out the possibility that this was all part of a bigger scheme, but there's not much higher you can go if you're already at the top.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

No, that was me fooling around, saying that you, the player, may have just been fooled by him.  It was as serious as my next one, where I said basically:  "Oh NOES!  But now Alex and Weyard have fused, and you have to kill the planet!"

Eternal Life isn't necessarily immortal.  I prefer the "Ageless" theory - where because of the sheer amount of alchemic power within him, the process of natural decay no longer affects him, so he no longer ages.  He's got a LOT more durability and what not, so he could simply seem immortal, but in the end he'd not be immortal in the truest sense of the word.  But it'd still take a Suikoden-like force to take the dood out, thus he pulls a Lelouche to get the entire world to unite against him.  With enough effort, and with enough 'staged power' on his part, he'd be able to get them to kill him.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him Good, though.  The way to hell was paved with the best of intentions, after all.  What's more, this may have been his original intent, but you said it best - power corrupts.  The Wise One saw this, and knew Alex wouldn't be able to handle it.  So he pulled a Xanatos Gambit of his own to ensure that there would be someone capable of taking the dood out when re-emerges.  This is especially true now - since Alex has been submerged inside of Weyard so long, who knows how much sanity the dood has left.  So it's up the Heir of Sol to take the dood out... stereotypical RPG plot, perfect fit for a GS game.

leaf

Fair enough.

Also...

> internet
> sarcasm

Do not mix well.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---