News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun DS: Thoughts, Hopes And Ideas

Started by Charon, 01, May, 2009, 04:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

It wasn't sarcasm so much as me being silly, though.

seanileus

I really don't want Golden Sun DS to be in 3-D.
They should've kept the graphics the same as the previous two games, the graphics that I've gotten so used to.

It should also have the same basic gamepla- in fact, just keep it the exact same as the others, just with a different story, party, characters, Djinn, summons and Psynergy.

Just keep that infamous gameplay in the new Golden Sun, and I'm happy.

I've got a feeling I'll be seeing Donpappa in GSDS.
The shopping better be just as fun in this one aswell.
Garet said he felt something touch his arm, once the Mars Lighthouse was lit...

Rolina

Okay, I'm going to say this once, and ONLY once - Don't dock the graphics until the game ACTUALLY COMES OUT.  These are most likely beta pics we've got to work with... you know, kinda like what we had to work with when it came to the original games themselves before they came out.  Saturos and Menardi got a makeover, Mia and Jenna switched roles, Psynergy got non-sucky animations, etc...

Expect something similar.  Don't dock it until it actually comes out and you've played it.

MaxiPower

Them graphics/Beta graphics were better than i expected.. I dont want my fav series to get craped on with a total onslaught of crappy 3D graphics but the demo screening makes me confident that the final product is running the correct course

Rolina

Quotecrappy 3D graphics
You do realize that that alone invalidated your post, right?  Let me remind you:

THIS IS A HANDHELD SYSTEM.

Don't go expecting freaking PS3 quality stuffs.  What you saw in the BS demo was actually REALLY GOOD for the DS, thus showing that GS is leading the way in graphics again.

Also... remember that it was a BS DEMO.  Meaning the Demo played itself.  Don't think that counts as a playable demo, boya.  Get back to me when E3 rolls around and we have an actual playable one, since we should by then.

Sajin

Those graphics aren't crappy, at all. Heck, you only get to see like 40 seconds of it, right? That means they are/were at nearly the beginning of the work. And like Role said, it's a handheld system. I guess you can expect something like FFIV DS graphics but better.

Salanewt

Well, I know that we do not have a date yet, but I noticed that Nintendo moved Golden Sun DS up to the top of its game list.

Have a nice day.

Wait... Never mind, it seems that Nintendo moved it closer to the bottom of the list again.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Mion Sonozaki

My hopes for Golden Sun DS: Wheat Sword, and the Venus Djinni ending up promising not to eat your chips anymore  :VenusDjinni: :VenusDjinni: :VenusDjinni:

Charon

Quote from: Lishy on 11, February, 2010, 07:26:25 AM
My hopes for Golden Sun DS: Wheat Sword, and the Venus Djinni ending up promising not to eat your chips anymore  :VenusDjinni: :VenusDjinni: :VenusDjinni:
this

Although didn't you see Atrius's video? He already put that wheat sword in there D:

I hope the graphics are as good as in the trailer. Damn were they hawt!

Frozen

Well, I'd like to see a Proxian party member, pretty much. That's about it. everything else? Not important.
And I'd like to see it live up to the past two games.. I mean, it's been quite a few years. I hope they haven't lost their GS touch.

Rolina

*rereads Alex discussion*

Hmm... I still stand by my initial view that Alex wasn't truly evil, just trying to act the part of the villain.  HOWEVER...

What is the one thing we know for certain about power?  That's right - POWER CORRUPTS!  All that power within him is bound to cause him to lose touch with his sanity sooner or later - and being trapped within Weyard's core sure as hell ain't going to help matters.  Perhaps he once had more noble, self-sacrificing intentions, but unfortunately for him there were some really NASTY side effects he hadn't counted on.

This could devolve Alex into becoming TRULY evil.  He'll still be a master manipulator, however, his intentions will no longer be setting up the insurance policy for Weyard - it'd be getting rid of anyone who could oppose his power.  Hmm... this gives me a lot of ideas for my DG, should the game not actually include Alex in it...

leaf

You would argue that alex didn't simply want this power for himself? Don't tell me we're gonna need to get a game script in here to argue this... I thought there was excruciatingly little to suggest this was for noble means, keeping in mind you can't take anything where he was talking to someone at face value.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Initially, he had slightly noble intentions (that still required him to be the villain - this goes off of the whole "there are no evil people in GS").  However, the power of the golden sun within him easily shot that to hell - power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Now, he was still evil.  Don't get me wrong.  The ends do NOT justify the means, after all.  He was just evil in a different manner.