News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

July Limited Edition Badges are Here!

Started by Charon, 10, July, 2011, 03:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

July 2011 Limited Edition Badges are now available!
Theme: Suikoden

That's right! The July 2011 Limited Edition Badges are up and ready for you to purchase! The main set (TR) contains 36 badges. Here's a list of available badges:

TR ("True Rune") Set

TR01 Blue Moon Rune Badge
TR02 Dragon Rune Badge
TR03 Gate Rune Badge
TR04 Rune of Beginning Badge
TR05 Rune of Punishment Badge
TR06 Rune of Life and Death (Soul Eater) Badge
TR07 Sun Rune Badge
TR08 True Beast Rune Badge
TR09 True Earth Rune Badge
TR10 True Fire Rune Badge
TR11 True Lightning Rune Badge
TR12 True Water Rune Badge
TR13 True Wind Rune Badge
TR14 Tir McDohl Badge
TR15 Riou Badge
TR16 Jowy Badge
TR17 Hugo Badge
TR18 Chris Badge
TR19 Geddoe Badge
TR20 Flame Champion Badge
TR21 Thomas Badge
TR22 Lazlo Badge
TR23 Freyrjadour Badge
TR24 Leknaat Badge
TR25 Windy Badge
TR26 Ted Badge
TR27 Teo Badge
TR28 Milia Badge
TR29 Barbarossa Badge
TR30 Sierra Badge
TR31 Nash Badge
TR32 Jimba (Wyatt Lightfellow) Badge
TR33 Sasarai Badge
TR34 Luc Badge
TR35 Yuber Badge
TR36 Arshat Badge

SK ("Suikoden") Set

SK01 Alen Badge
SK02 Apple Badge
SK03 Cleo Badge
SK04 Eileen Badge
SK05 Esmeralda Badge
SK06 Gremio Badge
SK07 Grenseal Badge
SK08 Joshua Levenheit Badge
SK09 Kai Badge
SK10 Lorelai Badge
SK11 Lotte Badge
SK12 Mathius Silverberg Badge
SK13 Odessa Silverberg Badge
SK14 Pahn Badge
SK15 Sheena Badge
SK16 Clive Badge
SK17 Flik Badge
SK18 Freed Yamamoto Badge
SK19 Futch Badge
SK20 Hix Badge
SK21 Humphrey Mintz Badge
SK22 Luca Blight Badge
SK23 Mukumuku Badge
SK24 Nanami Badge
SK25 Pesmerga Badge
SK26 Pilika Badge
SK27 Shu Badge
SK28 Tengaar Badge
SK29 Viktor Badge
SK30 Yoshino Yamamoto Badge
SK31 Miklotov Badge
SK32 Camus Badge
SK33 Ace Badge
SK34 Borus Badge
SK35 Caesar Badge
SK36 Cecile Badge
SK37 Fred Badge
SK38 Fubar Badge
SK39 Jacques Badge
SK40 Joker Badge
SK41 Leo Badge
SK42 Lilly Pendragon Badge
SK43 Louis Badge
SK44 Percival Badge
SK45 Queen Badge
SK46 Roland Badge
SK47 Salome Badge
SK48 Sarah Badge
SK49 Sgt. Joe Badge
SK50 Elanor Badge
SK51 Glencott Badge
SK52 Hervey Badge
SK53 Jewel Badge
SK54 Keneth Badge
SK55 Kika Badge
SK56 Kyril Badge
SK57 Lino En Kuldez Badge
SK58 Ornan Badge
SK59 Paula Badge
SK60 Sigurd Badge
SK61 Snowe Badge
SK62 Tal Badge
SK63 Belcoot Badge
SK64 Georg Badge
SK65 Gizel Badge
SK66 Jeane Badge
SK67 Kyle Badge
SK68 Lucretia Badge
SK69 Luserina Badge
SK70 Lymsleia Badge
SK71 Lyon Badge
SK72 Miakis Badge
SK73 Roy Badge
SK74 Sialeeds Badge
SK75 Viki Badge
SK76 Chrodechild Badge
SK77 Dirk Badge
SK78 Duilf Badge
SK79 Fredegund Badge
SK80 Jale Badge
SK81 Liu Badge
SK82 Marica Badge
SK83 Sieg Badge
SK84 Diadora Badge
SK85 Neira Badge

Click here to get to the shop!

TR badges will be available for their current prices until August 19, 2011.
SK badges will be available until August 26, 2011.
Then their stock will be reduced to 5 and they
will go for 4 coins a piece. So get them while they're hot!

A few questions...
What? Only 36 badges? I thought you'd make more!

This is a two part set. The first part, the TR badges, will cost 2 coins each. The second part, the SK badges, will cost 1 coin each. The main difference is that the TR badges are either main playable characters or characters with "true runes". The SK badges aren't done yet but when they are I'll put them up, as well as a badge list.

Tierkreis badges will also be included in the SK set.

Since the SK set is so large, it will be uploaded in 3 pieces, most likely on different days. As soon as a section is uploaded it will be available for sale.

Oh no! I think you're missing an important character! What should I do?

Please note that some characters may not have been included because either they have no artwork or their artwork was too difficult to make into a badge. This is why there is no Black Sword or Bright Shield badge.

If you can provide stock for a character that I did miss though, please notify me through PM, and I'll fix it.

Yo, Charon, this Suikoden Badge thing is great, and Imma let you finish, but I just wanted to say, that Rody was the best Suikoden character of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!

There's a reason why I'm not doing the more obscure characters... and its mainly because we would have about 700 or so badges if we did. If you like a really obscure character there's nothing stopping you from making a custom badge... just remember that the custom badges never change value and probably wouldn't have much use in trades.

Rolina

Charon

Sure thing. I didn't want to do them this time because of the new setup but it's fine by me.

zman9000

looks good, but coins are hard to come by now-a-days, (don't look at role's number, its a trick!)
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Charon

That's true, which is why I'm putting them up for a month. There's also a few other ways to get coins besides the [increase] button:

- Create custom badges (must be approved)
- Do work for someone on the forum
- Trading or selling exclusive items (it should be noted that if you bought a Limited Edition badge for 1 coin, you can only sell it for 1 coin. However, you can put it up for trade for as many coins as you want.)
- Buying certain items (like Gamble). Note that most of these items require you to have coins.

I'm going to try to implement a few other ways for members to get coins, because I've noticed myself that people are more willing to dole out respect than coins. For example, I'm going to see if I can make an item that sells for whatever the buying price is, so that it can be like "buy low, sell high" kind of thing.

Rolina

I count two Theos...

Edit:  And I don't see Sasarai... 

Also, might I make a suggestion?  Be more descriptive of who they are in the badge decription.  Example for Geddoe would be "The Tenjyu star of Suikoen III and bearer of the True Lightning Rune, he participated in the Second Firebringer War, driving the forces of Harmonia back with his unit in the Harmonian Southern Frontier Defense Force.  This badge is for a limited time only, so claim it while time lasts!"

Descriptions like that could be much better.

Charon

I fixed the preview badges.

I'm not adding descriptions because 1) if you want the character enough to chug over 2 of your hard-earned coins to get it you'd probably already know their backstory and 2) none of the old badges have this kind of description and that would require me to edit +150 badges.

Charon

Phew! Every single badge is up! Enjoy the set!

Atrius (He/Him)

*just noticed this topic  :Sweat:

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 11, July, 2011, 09:27:44 AM
I'm going to try to implement a few other ways for members to get coins, because I've noticed myself that people are more willing to dole out respect than coins.

I could always change it so that increasing respect gives coins instead, that would probably make more sense than the current system anyway.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

It would.  Also, did you see that one mention in the Honey Do list?  Currently, viewing changes to your karma only looks at people increasing your coins.  Maybe you can fix that while you're at it?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Ask, and you shall receive.  You have been coined!

--

Quote from: zman9000 on 11, July, 2011, 08:57:29 AM
looks good, but coins are hard to come by now-a-days, (don't look at role's number, its a trick!)
Ironic?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Kain

Thanks Tea.  I'd have never noticed this bot if you hadn't quoted Zed.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!