News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Party 2 class Patch - "secondary" classes problem

Started by Mion Sonozaki, 11, July, 2011, 01:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mion Sonozaki

I'm having a peculiar problem with the class separation patch: I cannot make a base "secondary" class for someone in party 2. Specifically, I am trying to recreate the Seer line from Ivan onto Sheba.

The problem arises in that to use a party 2 class, you must use Auto and Party 2, and that because the "base" secondary class uses 5 Jupiter (In this case the Seer class) it keeps pointing to NPC even though the higher secondary classes are fine! Making the problem even more confusing, is that the "base" secondary class isn't gone either, but completely hijacks the main class line due to the auto!

In order to properly implement the Seer classline for the party 2 Sheba, what have I possibly done wrong, and what is the proper procedure?

Salanewt

Why don't you post some snapshots? It will be much easier to help you out with this if we see what you are trying to set up.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Use my template
Change the placeholder names to names you want yourself.
Customize classes how you desire.
???
Profit.

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Role on 11, July, 2011, 05:08:28 PM
Use my template
Change the placeholder names to names you want yourself.
Customize classes how you desire.
???
Profit.

It would be nice if you elaborated or linked what would be called a template.

Anyways, I'm having another problem after having had resolved my previous problem (I put 1 jupiter on the base class to resolve it)

At least.. It seems I resolved it. That secondary class is I supposedly fixed is hijacking the second party 2 secondary class I made! It only goes up to class 3 of my secondary class line until being hijacked (Which uses venus 5 and Jupiter 4, exactly like in the illusionist line...)

The two classes are based off of their respective Party 1 classes as Illusionist and Seer. So both use their respective Jupiter/Venus amounts, but since they're secondary classes, I have no idea how to resolve this conflict. My theory is that when you reach the stage 4 of the class line (Which is Venus 5 and Jupiter 5) the game does not know which class to load next, so there must be some weird priority that points its to Sheba's class modification as opposed to Felix's.

Anyone have any idea what may be wrong? Or would be willing to take a look at the rom? (PM me)

Salanewt

The template that Role made is really useful, but it pretty much erases and deletes all of your existing classes; you should only use it if you want to start from scratch.

Also, like I requested before, could you please upload some snapshots of the editor? It would be about 90% easier to help you with your problem if we could see everything that might be causing the problem. Of course, you can also upload a patch for someone to try; chances are, we could fix the problems and send you the patch back. I should be available today if you want to send it to me for fixing.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Mion Sonozaki

I don't know what people mean by role's template, not even with a forum search!

Anyways, here's the patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ngd4dfaas91gize

*Ignore the crappy animations on some attacks please

The new classes I created are under Wind Seer, Illusionist (Earth), and Seer (Venus)
The names of the new class lines are of the following: Dark Seer, Myrmidon, and Earth Seer, in that order of base classes.

However, if you test ingame, Felix's Wind Classes only go up to Swiftblade (Level 3 Myrmidon) until becoming Sheba's earth classes.

Griever

Salanewt

I take it that Felix is becoming a Ranger, right? From what I gather, these classes have these elemental levels.

Swiftblade:
:VenusStar: x5
:JupiterStar: x4

Assassin:
:JupiterStar: x5

Swordmaster:
:VenusStar: x6
:JupiterStar: x6

While...

Ranger:
:VenusStar: x4

Pioneer:
:JupiterStar: x6

Guerilla:
:VenusStar: x7
:JupiterStar: x7

1. Both Swordmaster and Pioneer have the same elemental levels; if they are both Party 2 class sets, then I am not sure how things will work out when upgrading classes.

2. With how elemental levels work, Jupiter has priority over every other element. Basically, Jupiter > Mars > Mercury > Venus. If an element with a higher priority is >= an element with a lower priority, then it will choose classes that work in favour of that element. Because both Assassin and Ranger have 5 levels, it will make characters become a Ranger. A simple fix to this should be to make all of the Jupiter levels lower than the Venus levels by one. For example:

Assassin:
:JupiterStar: x4

Swordmaster:

That way, Jupiter can not have priority over Venus because it is lower than Venus.

Mion Sonozaki

If I use that configuration, then Felix's Myrmidon line completely skips Swiftblade!

My idea before was to immitate the djinn setup of the party 1 classes, but that Auto requirement for party 2 seems to be messing things up...

Salanewt

You could also lower Swiftblade's Jupiter level by 1 if you want, as it goes up by 2 from Swordsman. Either way, you have to edit the levels to prevent skipping classes.

I should warn you though; having two class sets with similar levels might make it possible for Felix and Sheba to go over to the other classes by choice. However, implementing these changes should prevent the actual skipping of classes.

QuoteMy idea before was to immitate the djinn setup of the party 1 classes, but that Auto requirement for party 2 seems to be messing things up...

Sorry, could you please explain this to me again? I am practically sweating my brains out in this heat.

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Salanewt on 12, July, 2011, 02:07:22 PM
QuoteMy idea before was to immitate the djinn setup of the party 1 classes, but that Auto requirement for party 2 seems to be messing things up...

Sorry, could you please explain this to me again? I am practically sweating my brains out in this heat.

I'm trying to make new classes that use the same elemental levels as Isaac's party. But in doing so, the "Auto" requirement for party 2 seems to be preventing that and messing up class lines.

Here's an example of the classes I want to imitate:

On Ivan
7 Venus Djinn
+                       = Oracle
2 Jupiter Djinn

Likewise, on Isaac
7 Jupiter Djinn
+                      = War Adept
2 Venus Djinn

But on my own classes this is my goal:

On Sheba
7 Venus Djinn
+                       = Guerrilla
2 Jupiter Djinn

Likewise, on Isaac
7 Jupiter Djinn
+                      = Swordmaster
2 Venus Djinn

Meanwhile, 9 Djinn on both of them of their respect element is their main class line.

I'm basically trying to recreate the djinn requirements of all the party 1 classes, onto my party 2 classes. But it doesn't seem to work!

Salanewt

Huh, that makes sense. However, your elemental levels seem to be off if that is what you want for Swordmaster; I see both levels at 6. I will quickly modify them and see if I can get the classes you want.

Edit: Fixed. It turns out that it was not exactly the elemental levels, but the Type value; the number changed from 25 to 28 between Swiftblade and Assassin. These numbers have to stay the same if you want the classes to be of the same set. There probably isn't any need to post a patch because you can just uncheck the boxes and correct the value manually.

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Salanewt on 12, July, 2011, 02:28:18 PM
Edit: Fixed. It turns out that it was not exactly the elemental levels, but the Type value; the number changed from 25 to 28 between Swiftblade and Assassin. These numbers have to stay the same if you want the classes to be of the same set. There probably isn't any need to post a patch because you can just uncheck the boxes and correct the value manually.
Eh? I don't get it. Do I change it from 28 then back to 25, then check it again??   
:?:
:Garet:

Salanewt

No, you leave the checkboxes alone; those are optional for use, meant only to auto-grab the "most appropriate" numbers for you. Neither the Auto or Party 2 boxes are needed to create classes for Party 2.

Basically:
1. You uncheck each Auto box.
2. You change every Value of that class set from whatever it is to "25".
3. You ignore the checkboxes, as checking them will just reset the value.

Hope this helps!

Rolina

My templates are in the downloads section.  They'd be better if Atrius would hurry up and add template support - that way they wouldn't overwrite everything, just the classes section.