News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Helpful Info for Golden Sun Hacking Topic

Started by Salanewt, 12, July, 2011, 08:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

?? Arguing? I'm sorry if it came across that way. I do think italics is the most preferred. I was just stating how I don't fit the "no one"in looking for notes.

QuoteNewly Discovered Debug Menus

Notice: For GS1, the cheat that you use is 03001F54:01.

Also, I was referring to that note.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Okay, I have posted a new topic that relates to abilities in TLA. It will probably become obsolete after one or two versions of the editor, but it is useful if anyone wants to create new EPAs and stuff. When topics become obsolete, I will either use Strikethrough tags or just remove them from this list.

Oh, and now you can also apply Mold and Eddy's effects to any spell that you want... Among other things.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

Figure I'll drop this off here. The rooms you need to go to in order to collect your entire party when starting a fresh game, using the debug menus.

Two options here:
The first is to just go to each of these rooms, in order, and complete the task or event in each of them - 264:3, 264:4, 263:3, 263:5, 265:2, 237:4. This method is probably more straightforward, but takes a little longer.
The second option is to set the flags A0A, A0B, A1F, and A24, then warp to 263:5, and continue from there. This actually saves quite a bit of time, since the 263:3 cutscene makes you wait a long time afterward before regaining control.

You can do this as soon as you're able to move with jenna. Don't forget you can hold down the B button and whatever your fastforward button is on your emulator to get through cutscenes faster. After collecting your party, save your game and use the save game editor to adjust your djinn, then reload and debug warp to wherever.

Note: Avoid exiting south of daila (location 2:2) unless you already have echo (flag 037, set automatically with savegame editor), and avoid collecting piers or completing the moapa battle, as each of them will mess with your party. There are probably flags you can set to avoid this for the latter two as well, but I haven't checked them out yet.
Note2: By setting the flags A21 and A23, you can trigger the contigo event in 237:4 to get isaac's team without acquiring all of the GS2 crew (and keeping jenna overworld sprite!). If you unset flags 004-007 beforehand, you can have a party with only isaac's team. If you do this without felix as your overworld sprite, you'll need to use the warp menu to get out.

Other random flags I found:
022: Toggles overworld music. 0 for default, 1 for joined party music.
01E: Toggles hard mode. 0 is default.

edit: GLORIOUS! It seems that the event at warp 4:99 (the starting event of the game) actually removes felix from your party. It does not reset the party. I only tested this when I had felix, jenna, and sheba, but presumably it works for the others, too. Not that useful, really, but cool nonetheless.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

leaf

Here's another useful thread that doesn't seem to be here yet, the palette the game uses - http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=297.0

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Great, thanks for the find! I will go ahead and add this to the first post.

I have another idea. Should I create a topic that links to custom work? Like icons, sprites, songs, etc.? Not sure if it would be very useful right now, which is why I am asking about it.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

Hey. Sorry for the double post, but I have a request if anyone can find the time. I updated these two topics recently, but would some of you be so kind as to search for more topics (or patches for the other topic) that I could add? Between the two, there have only been a total of four new additions since July.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: And it won't come without a reward either, haha. I have an idea for two new topics, and might get around to posting them in a bit.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Salanewt on 09, February, 2012, 02:43:22 PM
Hey. Sorry for the double post, but I have a request if anyone can find the time. I updated these two topics recently, but would some of you be so kind as to search for more topics (or patches for the other topic) that I could add? Between the two, there have only been a total of four new additions since July.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: And it won't come without a reward either, haha. I have an idea for two new topics, and might get around to posting them in a bit.
Well, you didn't add the Death Curse turn modifier patch and the Jupiter Healing animation patch, that you did not.

Oh, and before I forget, you also didn't add the voice acting patch for GS1.

Salanewt

Ah, thanks for reminding me about those three, they have just been added!

Anything else that I might have missed? Hm... Hard to say, isn't it?

Would Treasure Guide and Storybook Flags Guide be feasible?

I'm actually planning on making the Storybook Flags Guide a little more detailed than this, but anyway. (Like perhaps if the story flags are organized by area, I might list which flags go to which area, maybe. And then from there, I might list what each individual flag does.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

All right, those have been added to the first post! Do you have any other suggestions for topics that could be added?

Oh, actually... I've got an idea for something that might be added later. I'll make a post and/or edit once it is ready.

Yes, as I matter of fact, I do. http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1424.0

I wonder if when the function list is made, if I should post it in this topic, or make a new one? Hm?

Probably a new one, since it requires ASM knowledge? Not 100% sure though, being as this topic has barely any posts anyway.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden