Golden Sun Hacking Community
August 18, 2017, 06:02:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helpful and Unique Patches  (Read 28270 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2014, 05:55:22 AM »

Okay, updated the first post to include the following:

KO Compatible Lull

Compass Utilities

Hope you guys like them!

And the Wise One is a Mary Sue!

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »

Oh, Compass Utilities seems really useful.  Nice job.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »

Thanks! I have to admit that I'm kind of surprised Camelot didn't allow for something like this before Dark Dawn, but it should be easier to make more complex puzzles with the patch's tweaked limitations in mind.

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »

Tiny heads-up: The Simple Summons patch is now available for download, and has been added to this topic to make finding it easier in the future.

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 04:31:13 AM »

KO-compatible Lull patch also affects other ability effects, including Death Curse, May decrease resistance by 40, and Halve Agility.

Reflux Unlimited patch is borked. Ability effect #36 creates an unending counter-attack effect, at least when used by enemies. Not just 2 turns as advertised.

Edit: Actually, it breaks both counter-attack effects when used by enemies.

Edit 2: Reflux Unlimited also makes "Get extra turn next round" effects last for the remainder of battle.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:01:55 AM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »

Lull: I think I know what the problem is. I just successfully killed an enemy with two different unleashes; one that drains HP and one that seals their psynergy. The former failed to restore my health while the latter sealed their PP after they died. To make a very long story short, it looks like I screwed up the branches in that one and I can work on a quick fix today. I totally asked you to test it for me earlier though... Oh well.

Edit: Worked out a fix, and it's now available for download.

Reflux: I don't know, I just double checked that one by having an enemy use it and it seems to work perfectly for me... Although I am getting the weird bug with Kite's effect when I use it by itself; don't even need to use Reflux for that. I'll have to look into that again later if it even is Reflux causing it, but this one will probably take a little more time than the Lull one will and I'm not sure if I have any of that right now.

Edit: Yeah, I'm not having any problems with the counter-attack effects, just with Kite. Would you mind either testing it on a clean ROM or having someone else weigh in on this?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:39:30 PM by Lord Squirtle » Logged

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2014, 07:39:33 PM »

Maybe it's a result of the combination of the previously-broken Lull patch and the Reflux patch? I had them both applied to the same ROM. All I know is that both the 1-turn Reflux and the 2-turn Reflux lasted forever and it was annoying. I'll go back and test in a bit.

Edit: Tested and confirmed that both Reflux and the new Ability Effect #36 last an infinite amount of time with the Reflux Unlimited patch. After applying the patch to a supposedly-clean US ROM, I opened the V0.3 version of the Editor and changed only the following:

-- Reflect now uses ability effect #36 (supposedly the 2-turn counterattack.)
-- Ruffian max HP increased to 99 (so it can survive 3 turns of counter-attacks to confirm the bug.)
-- Wooden Stick can be used to grant the effects of Reflect.
-- One-Piece Dress can be used to grant the effects of Reflux.

Used the One-Piece Dress (Reflux) once and Defended for the rest of the battle. Ruffian attacked every turn for 3 turns and Jenna counter-attacked without fail, killing the Ruffian on the third turn.

Repeated the process in the next battle with the Wooden Stick (Reflect) at the start. Same thing, Jenna counter-attacked for 3 turns and killed the Ruffian.

I totally asked you to test it for me earlier though... Oh well.

Yeah, you did. Sorry for not getting back to you on that. Rather rude of me really. =\
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:00:11 PM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 10:58:12 PM »

Topic has been updated!

Jamie: Oh, huh, okay thanks (I know your post is almost three years old now but I just saw it)! I'm eventually going to take it down and replace it with a different counterattack hack I have in mind, but for now I'll just leave it up for anyone who wants to give it a shot. There's a pretty good chance that I only messed up the turn counter portion of the code, so anyone with even a smidgen of assembly knowledge could fix it themselves, so... yeah!

Edit: I may combine the two Menu sections and put them near the end at some point, but for now they can stay where they are.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:02:45 PM by Lord Squirtle » Logged

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 12:18:56 PM
Fox: Welcome back!
Today at 09:12:43 AM
Luna_blade: back from vacation
Yesterday at 02:29:26 AM
Fox: That moment when you realize that there is a lot of chatting going on on Discord, that there is no point in trying to keep up. :P  Hm....
August 16, 2017, 04:50:22 AM
Fox: (Then again, just because posting is disabled, doesn't necessarily mean the buttons would be removed as well.)
August 16, 2017, 04:48:55 AM
Fox: (I mean, buttons I would expect to be similar to that.... rather than those specifically since I recall posting there to be disabled.)
August 16, 2017, 04:33:02 AM
Fox: Yeah... I like to think of it as a page loaded with ads. And it's not just the forum home page either... check the sub-forums/topics themselves. == New Topic/Reply/etc. buttons were affected.
August 15, 2017, 07:04:30 PM
Salanewt: Lol, nice. :P
August 15, 2017, 06:33:02 PM
Foxhttp://z9.invisionfree.com/Golden_Sun_Hacking/index.php? == Hahaha! GSHC Classic looks funny now that Photobucket killed the images. :P Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
August 14, 2017, 07:12:02 PM
Salanewt: So yeah, I'm typing up a non-academic essay on why GS2 was rushed; expect that sometime soon!
August 07, 2017, 05:53:11 AM
Fox: But anyway, such a hack mod is simply an idea, and I do not have any current plans to work on it at this time, so.....
August 07, 2017, 05:51:46 AM
Fox: Okay, cool. I think my idea works best without an ability to swap PCs (OR to just simply make that use it the PC's turn.) Hmmm... And with that, I question if a turn list is even needed with my approach. (Outside of maybe 1 entry, if that shortens the modifications.)
August 07, 2017, 05:13:26 AM
Salanewt: To be honest I've been thinking of expanding the battle turn section and also adding code for PCs to have more than two turns in the AI overhaul, but I probably won't allow anyone to have more than four.
August 06, 2017, 12:22:17 AM
Fox: Oh, and if that approach was taken = Would like to also have it so you select the spell to use when it is actually your turn rather than at round start.
August 06, 2017, 12:12:37 AM
Fox: Would take a lot of balancing, but I can see an adept being very slow, and yet very powerful.
August 06, 2017, 12:06:11 AM
Fox: And bosses can have an Agility that is above half of the maximum possible Agility. Mwahaha.
August 06, 2017, 12:04:14 AM
Fox: Hmm... What if Agility could be recodded to allow for multiple turns per round? Obvious, calculations could be made in a way that depending on your Agility, you could like get a different number of turns each round. (eg. 1 turn this round, 2 the next, 1 turn again.) Obviously, To ensure 2 turns all the time, you should have at least double the opponent's agility,.... erm...something. So... you/or enmy could be so fast, the opponent can't even make a move, unless turns are capped.
August 05, 2017, 08:48:42 PM
Fox: ( That keeps search engines from indexing them... :) )
August 05, 2017, 08:45:44 PM
Fox: Also, it's not 100% public if Guests can't see them. (They can't), but who cares about Guests anyway. =P
August 05, 2017, 08:20:28 PM
Fox: @Clan forums: Mars clan has the most posts, and Venus clan has the most topics. So umm having 1k+ posts makes Mars.... interesting?
August 05, 2017, 08:16:43 PM
Fox: /and they're *

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise