News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Changing Creatures Summoned With Trainer's Whip

Started by Drick9, 29, June, 2009, 03:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drick9

Some of you have probably figured this out but anyway

I was just randomly looking around and found that Elder Wood and Estre Wood, the Trainer summons that heal the party, are listed as enemies even though they never appear in the game. This lead to some theories, so i tried swapping out the elder wood sprite in the enemy editor with the sprite of the Star Magician and to my surprise, it changed the one used in the summon!
Just look!

However some (most) types of summonable creatures ARE used in-game as enemies, and changing them would change both the summon and the monster.
This lead to a lot of interesting ideas for me, so i'm messing around with it.

EDIT

Good news everyone!  

Right here.

It's different on many of the summons. So i tried changing it. *Ahem*
Changing this changes the animation that your summoned creature uses.
I changed it to what you see here and my fire dragon casted Inferno. Aint that just awesome?

This post has been edited by Drick9 on Jun 29 2009, 03:14 PM

Salanewt

Hey, this looks neat. I should try something like this...

Have you tested it with the call spells for the tomegathericon classes?

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Drick9

Not yet, but it probably works the same.

Once the text editor rolls around we can summon star magician XD

Aile~♥

And then have it use Mine Ball on your enemies! MUHAHAHAHAHA! Also, you could replace the highest level of the Pixie series with Refresh Ball! MUHAHA-- *shot*
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Aile~♥

Skill. Felix summons Doom Dragon! I'm not quite sure that would work though, since Cruel Ruin is a different move type, so the animation might not work...

Drick9

Damn. you're right. Summons dont work like that, it just used the "Protect" animation XD

Salanewt

QuoteDamn. you're right. Summons dont work like that, it just used the "Protect" animation XD

Yeah, I was working on this. Even after I made guard become a summon, as well as have the same animation, it did not look like Cruel Ruin.

Somehow though, I did manage to get Grand Gaia to look like Kirin the summon. I am not sure how or why it works, but it does.

Anyway, have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Gaia is cutscene-type. Notice how everyone disappears except the caster? Perhaps you could try changing Gaia to Cruel Ruin? What if you made it so that the creature that you summoned casts Gaia, then changed it from Gaia to Cruel Ruin?

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that would be neat. I think I wll try doing something like that. Oh yeah, there are so many unused enemies in the game... Anyway, maybe other psynergies work like this as well... Has anyone noticed this for other psynergies? I have been concentrating on other things.

Have a nice day.