News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

The luna/eclipse tower and the sol/sonne/sun

Started by FelixWolf, 27, July, 2011, 10:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixWolf

sorry about the various names of the son it's just that in another version of dark dawn it said sol as sonne.
Well i was just thinking aobut it alot lately and i found out that Luna tower uses the sun's power to generate a dark aura/field where the dark beings lurk, so how did i thought this?
First of all a mere eclipse isn't enough to do this because it only blocks the sun and because in GS2 the werewolf village is at night(when the sun isn't up and all is dark) and you don't see the dark beeings(not counting the rise of the golden sun) and when night comes(when you sleep in inns) you don't hear people screeming "EEK!!! A MONSTER!!!" or "EEK!!! DARK BEEINGS!!!"
Second to power up the alchemy dinamo you need the magma thing, wich magma/fire emanates similar power of the sun(not counting the alchemy it emanetes).
Third if i am not mistaken in the game it is mention that the ancient Genie made the lunar tower to extract the power of the Golden Sun.

If you think otherwise please post the why and try it to be the most detailed as possible, and have a nice life( i can't say nice day because it's yoshigod's catchfrase).

Rolina

That's not how it works.  The Eclipse Tower works by absorbing all the light from within an area, it doesn't block anything.  The effect appears similar to an Eclipse, thus the name.  However, it is explain in-game that it sucks in all the light until it's full - which is why the Apollo Lens works in the first place.

Awec

The monsters appear because rather than a normal night, the darkness is over an extended period of time. Admittedly, that doesn't explain why they appeared instantly, but hell no one ever said the plot made sense.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

They didn't appear instantly though, if I recall correctly you still had the time to get Eoleo before the monsters showed up.

Salanewt

As soon as the darkness started spreading, that is when they started to appear. I didn't quite understand how these monsters could have appeared in Belinsk if there were no random encounters on the outside to begin with. I think the eclipse might have mutated them?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Perhaps the darkness empowered the outside monsters, and they overwhelmed the guards that would have naturally been protecting the area.  As such, they easily got in and caused havoc as if the city had been overrun by monsters anyways.

Now, as for why monsters don't show up in other towns overcome by darkness... yeah, that makes no sense.

Awec

Eh... I get the feeling they thought out the first 2 games too thoroughly and ended not leaving enough ways to make future plots. The whole Dark and Light psynergies feel so unexpected and give the impression they were only thought up for Dark Dawn. It's a shame in a way; even ignoring the continuity errors, it would have been nice to see some reference to Light/Dark psynergy that didn't go explained in TBS/TLA.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

FelixWolf

Actually, i believe the monsters were transformed from normal monster and animals to this as it is the case the Volecheck, he was a normal beastmen(with exception of royalty) and was transformed into a Chaos Hound somehow thanks to Chalis, Blados and dark psynergy.
BTW i am punished so sorry for inactivity

Rolina

No, that's not the effect of the eclipse.  That's something the duo did to him.  If the eclipse did that to him, then why are there tons of unaffected beastmen at the end?  Hell, many of them actually became LIGHT adepts thanks to the eclipse!  It was like something straight out of some poorly written fanfic!

Awec

Quote from: Role on 05, August, 2011, 03:27:02 PM
It was like something straight out of some poorly written fanfic!
I think this is our best explanation for the events of Dark Dawn, unless GS4 blows our minds.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
What of it?

Mion Sonozaki

I wouldn't say it was a bad fanfic, but poorly executed.

The central plot amongst all Golden Sun games revolves around the seal of a great power. In this case, alchemy restored the world to its state of power when the Jenei and Exathi ruled, unlocking their failed experiments of Umbra and Sol psynergy, specifically, the Alchemy machines.

I can imagine Luna Lighthouse is doing exactly as it was intended in absorbing the Sol element because the Jenei despised most non-Adepts who were not Exathi, while the Exathi lived next to the Dynamo machines (Where there were lights fending off monsters anyways, and potentially air vehicles! :O

When the Jenei sealed alchemy, they created the philosopher's stone (Wise one) to protect its seal from those like themselves due to the dangers of using the power of the Umbra and Sol elements. Although the Jenei knew not of Gaia Falls, the wise one searched for a Guardian (Isaac) to ensure that the powers of Alchemy could not be used for wrong and war like the Jenei once did, knowing that the heroes would be near immortal.

In my opinion the Jenei are greatly important to the details of TLA and fill in many plot holes.

Aile~♥

But surely a mere lack of light wouldn't be enough to cause evil monsters to form out of the darkness? There was something worse than that in the Eclipse. It was spreading darkness, too, if you look at the animation, rather than just blocking light.

Just my two cents on the subject.

But yes, the Eclipse Tower was designed to absorb light. The Apollo Lens fills the tower immediately, causing it to shut down.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

It didn't block light at all.  It absorbed it.  That's why it was expanding like it was - because it had to reach out further and further to get more light.  However, by the time it got as large as it was, it had slowed the expansion quite a bit.  The reasoning is simple math here - the further the radius of the absorption, the greater the area.  It grows at a more exponential rate as opposed to a linear one, so the bigger it gets, the slower it has to grow.  This can easily be used to explain why the sphere of darkness hadn't grown much at all when the heroes went to that one location on the border of light and darkness.  When they left, it was just as big as when they arrived - no more growth had occurred.  One could say that it HAD grown, but at a rate slow enough to not be detectable on such as small screen.

Aile~♥

But it obviously wasn't just absorbing light? Unless it requires a complete absence of all light for the monsters to go haywire.

Rolina

Remember the tutorial you're forced to do?  Isaac and Garet mention this.  I think Kraden does at one point as well.  Apparently, monsters really are stronger in the dark.

Aile~♥

Yeah, but the way I see it, Dark Is Not Evil. It's not that the monsters like the dark, it's that they dislike the light.

Salanewt

What if they are mostly nocturnal? That would explain why the stronger ones mostly prefer the dark...

As for the Eclipse, it could be that it has a magical enhancing property to it? Because these nocturnal creatures dislike the light, they may... Um... Well, I am going to try to avoid looking too much into this in case any of my guesses are wrong; I mean, just look at the introduction of light and dark adepts.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

The way I see it, any element could be used for evil. What I thought was that the Eclipse Tower is actually releasing Dark energy, rather than just absorbing light.

Perhaps it converts Light energy into Dark energy, and firing the Apollo Lens at it causes it to overload? Who knows.

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 07, August, 2011, 05:16:01 PM
Yeah, but the way I see it, Dark Is Not Evil. It's not that the monsters like the dark, it's that they dislike the light.
Same here.  It's one of the reasons DD pisses me off - because TBS and TLA were exactly that - in each case, the main bad guys weren't evil at all - they were trying to save the world.  But DD?  "Darkness makes monsters stronger".  Respect for camelot dropped sharply with that line.  Unless GS4 gives the Dark Duo a noble cause, DD will remain as the GS game I don't particularly like for reasons exactly like this - taking established things from the first games and shooting them in the foot.

Aile~♥

I don't even have a problem with legitimately evil bad guys. What I have a problem with is designating one particular FORCE OF NATURE as being "evil".