News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

The luna/eclipse tower and the sol/sonne/sun

Started by FelixWolf, 27, July, 2011, 10:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

I know, but I hate bad guys having no motives.  In GS, they always had motives.

Tell me, what are the motives of the Dark Duo?  So far, there are none, much like S&M in the first game - which is why I'm saying if the fourth game doesn't expand on them, I'm gonna be really disappointed.

Aile~♥

Probably had something to do with setting the stage for a military takeover by the Tuaparang. Unless there's something I'm missing?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Nope, there's nothing even hinting at their motives until the end, when Alex suggests a coup d'état.

Mion Sonozaki

I thought the monsters of the eclipse don't go to darkened areas because they are dark, but because they lack sol energy? The Luna Tower absorbs SOL/light, not day.

Rolina

That could be part of it, but it'd been mentioned several times that they get stronger at the dark.  It's why Isaac and Garet join you in the beginning - it got dark.  Because of that, the forest was more dangerous than usual.  Of course, that may not have been the only reason - the psynergy vortex was there, after all.  It could have an impact as well for all we know, but they'd have to do a damn good job explaining it to us, since one would think it'd effect the monsters as well.

Aile~♥

I thought the monsters in the forest got stronger at night as a feature of that particular forest.

Salanewt

I am starting to think that Blados and Chalis might have been working towards freeing the Tuaparang people? My best guess.

As for their motives, remember when they asked if the Apollo Lens was to be pointed at Belinsk or Mt. Aleph? This might be a hint.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

Please expand on this hint then?
could be a few things:

1. make the golden sin stable
2. make the golden sun unstable
3. stop the vortexes
4. start the vortexes
5. create a golden sun in the tower

o wait... I'm thinking about this wrong (maby)
6. since it is light and kinda of fire power. (add the missing fire element to alex that he is missing to make him all powerful?)
7. fire it at the golden sun and add the missing fire power that is causing the vortexes?

ugg so many things they could use... they better not make the next game crappy!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 08, August, 2011, 04:07:56 PM
I thought the monsters in the forest got stronger at night as a feature of that particular forest.
No, it's not just that forest.  If you pay attention to what they're saying, they're talking about monsters period, not just the ones in the forest.  They're not the only ones who mention this as well, IIRC Kraden says something about it later.

Quote from: zman9000
1. make the golden sin stable
2. make the golden sun unstable
REALLY?  Could you at least try?

Mastermind

If you use spirit sense on Chalice when controlling Sveta at the end of the game, she thinks: "If we could get our hands on that ('that' being the umbra gear), we won't have to be afraid of the light anymore." ...or something to that effect.

Perhaps this fear of light could be a motive, at least for starting the eclipse. It still doesn't explain why they would end it, as they suggest they would have done "when the time [was] right."

Aile~♥

"When the time was right" would be after they'd found whatever they needed to find to protect them from the light. Since they can't stand too much light, they'd use the Eclipse as cover to allow them to conduct a search.

Durza

I figured it was more that they'd stop the ecipse after using the Lens to hit something besides the Luna tower. But that doesn't explain why they wanted the Umbra gear, which they couldn't even wear.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

jmillart

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 07, August, 2011, 09:30:24 AM
But surely a mere lack of light wouldn't be enough to cause evil monsters to form out of the darkness? There was something worse than that in the Eclipse. It was spreading darkness, too, if you look at the animation, rather than just blocking light.

Just my two cents on the subject.

But yes, the Eclipse Tower was designed to absorb light. The Apollo Lens fills the tower immediately, causing it to shut down.

Actually you may be both right and wrong about that. The tower can only absorb and emanate light. The eclipse caused Dark Light as it were or it began emanating copies amounts of Dark Psynergy. I think the Apollo Lens not only created enough light to cancel out the darkness but to make the tower a force for good again as the people of Morgel seemed to have been effected by it by gaining Light Psynergy

Durza

Is the tower still giving out light though, or was that just a side effect of the Apollo Lens?
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.