Golden Sun Hacking Community
10, August, 2022, 08:41:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come give us a "hello" on our Discord server!

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The luna/eclipse tower and the sol/sonne/sun  (Read 21833 times)
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 3

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #20 on: 07, August, 2011, 11:07:58 PM »

I know, but I hate bad guys having no motives.  In GS, they always had motives.

Tell me, what are the motives of the Dark Duo?  So far, there are none, much like S&M in the first game - which is why I'm saying if the fourth game doesn't expand on them, I'm gonna be really disappointed.

View Profile WWW
Aile~♥
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 20

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #21 on: 07, August, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »

Probably had something to do with setting the stage for a military takeover by the Tuaparang. Unless there's something I'm missing?

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #22 on: 07, August, 2011, 11:33:39 PM »

Nope, there's nothing even hinting at their motives until the end, when Alex suggests a coup d'état.

View Profile WWW

Coins: 0

« Reply #23 on: 07, August, 2011, 11:58:13 PM »

I thought the monsters of the eclipse don't go to darkened areas because they are dark, but because they lack sol energy? The Luna Tower absorbs SOL/light, not day.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #24 on: 08, August, 2011, 02:58:11 AM »

That could be part of it, but it'd been mentioned several times that they get stronger at the dark.  It's why Isaac and Garet join you in the beginning - it got dark.  Because of that, the forest was more dangerous than usual.  Of course, that may not have been the only reason - the psynergy vortex was there, after all.  It could have an impact as well for all we know, but they'd have to do a damn good job explaining it to us, since one would think it'd effect the monsters as well.

View Profile WWW
Aile~♥
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: 08, August, 2011, 08:07:56 PM »

I thought the monsters in the forest got stronger at night as a feature of that particular forest.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 205

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #26 on: 08, August, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »

I am starting to think that Blados and Chalis might have been working towards freeing the Tuaparang people? My best guess.

As for their motives, remember when they asked if the Apollo Lens was to be pointed at Belinsk or Mt. Aleph? This might be a hint.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #27 on: 08, August, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »

Please expand on this hint then?
could be a few things:

1. make the golden sin stable
2. make the golden sun unstable
3. stop the vortexes
4. start the vortexes
5. create a golden sun in the tower

o wait... I'm thinking about this wrong (maby)
6. since it is light and kinda of fire power. (add the missing fire element to alex that he is missing to make him all powerful?)
7. fire it at the golden sun and add the missing fire power that is causing the vortexes?

ugg so many things they could use... they better not make the next game crappy!

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #28 on: 09, August, 2011, 12:08:14 AM »

I thought the monsters in the forest got stronger at night as a feature of that particular forest.
No, it's not just that forest.  If you pay attention to what they're saying, they're talking about monsters period, not just the ones in the forest.  They're not the only ones who mention this as well, IIRC Kraden says something about it later.

Quote from: zman9000
1. make the golden sin stable
2. make the golden sun unstable
REALLY?  Could you at least try?

View Profile WWW
Mastermind
trans queers for satan

she/they

I am: meh

« Reply #29 on: 10, August, 2011, 12:20:37 PM »

If you use spirit sense on Chalice when controlling Sveta at the end of the game, she thinks: "If we could get our hands on that ('that' being the umbra gear), we won't have to be afraid of the light anymore." ...or something to that effect.

Perhaps this fear of light could be a motive, at least for starting the eclipse. It still doesn't explain why they would end it, as they suggest they would have done "when the time [was] right."
View Profile
Aile~♥
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #30 on: 11, August, 2011, 02:39:02 AM »

"When the time was right" would be after they'd found whatever they needed to find to protect them from the light. Since they can't stand too much light, they'd use the Eclipse as cover to allow them to conduct a search.

View Profile
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #31 on: 18, August, 2011, 09:44:03 AM »

I figured it was more that they'd stop the ecipse after using the Lens to hit something besides the Luna tower. But that doesn't explain why they wanted the Umbra gear, which they couldn't even wear.

It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.
View Profile

New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #32 on: 19, August, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »

But surely a mere lack of light wouldn't be enough to cause evil monsters to form out of the darkness? There was something worse than that in the Eclipse. It was spreading darkness, too, if you look at the animation, rather than just blocking light.

Just my two cents on the subject.

But yes, the Eclipse Tower was designed to absorb light. The Apollo Lens fills the tower immediately, causing it to shut down.

Actually you may be both right and wrong about that. The tower can only absorb and emanate light. The eclipse caused Dark Light as it were or it began emanating copies amounts of Dark Psynergy. I think the Apollo Lens not only created enough light to cancel out the darkness but to make the tower a force for good again as the people of Morgel seemed to have been effected by it by gaining Light Psynergy
View Profile
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #33 on: 19, August, 2011, 09:43:48 PM »

Is the tower still giving out light though, or was that just a side effect of the Apollo Lens?

It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Chatbox
01, June, 2022, 07:12:04 AM
Plexa: We're almost there Daddy Poi, ACE in TLA any day now :)
01, September, 2021, 02:55:35 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: At least for warps.
01, September, 2021, 02:55:01 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: To think that events are not done via a tilemap in GS3 is interesting, and they'd just be cubes in the size of a tile (I think)... with given coords.
28, March, 2021, 06:10:33 PM
Salanewt: Tiny announcement down here that a new animation pack is now available for download! The Animation Overhaul is required; see the downloads page for more details.
03, March, 2021, 03:16:30 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: I'm happy ACE is possible and easy in GS1. :D Thank you Tret. Now if we can get GS2 Air's Rock to do ACE, wouldn't that be something.
18, February, 2021, 03:25:26 PM
Salanewt: The one here has everything: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=132
18, February, 2021, 02:03:20 PM
VardenSalad: It looks like Atrius' editor download is broken again. The only thing in the .zip is the background image
13, February, 2021, 03:15:41 PM
MaxiPower: Welcom back Charon. been a long time.
11, February, 2021, 09:40:04 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily GorillasSo how long is this site going to be "This website is still under construction, please excuse the mess." :D
04, February, 2021, 12:56:21 AM
charon the ferryman: LMAO i love 2010 tech
04, February, 2021, 12:56:07 AM
charon the ferryman: release me from my discord prison meme mortals
15, November, 2020, 03:45:26 PM
Salanewt: We're more alive than the board implies; most discussion takes place over on the Discord server.
15, November, 2020, 03:45:06 PM
Salanewt: Haha, heya!
15, November, 2020, 02:07:50 PM
Frog: Nice to see this place is still alive...ish anyway xD
30, October, 2020, 11:10:23 PM
Salanewt: ... Actually, it's almost time for me to post an update on the forum. It's been coming along really nicely overall, and it was only a couple months or so ago that I added some new status effects to the game.
30, October, 2020, 11:08:41 PM
Salanewt: I need to get it done to start making progress on the parts of the AI Overhaul I want to start working on.
30, October, 2020, 11:08:14 PM
Salanewt: It's going well! I wanted to get more of my djinn reform done this week but I've been busy with other things sadly.
30, October, 2020, 09:58:14 PM
KyleRunner: Hi guys! How are you doing?
13, October, 2020, 11:19:21 AM
MaxiPower: first chapter of my golden sun inspired webtoon is now live. be cool if yas could check it out. https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/legacy-of-the-lost-dragoon/the-northern-reaches/viewer?title_no=508487&episode_no=6
31, August, 2020, 08:40:32 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Being able to convert IPS files to text files to also supporting commenting, and convert back to IPS after changes.... sounds like a fun strategy? 
27, August, 2020, 10:37:30 PM
Salanewt: Hey, thanks! 
25, August, 2020, 12:59:22 AM
Foreclosure: Yo! Looking forward for this AI OVerhaul patch when it's finished :) :) 
19, August, 2020, 07:00:17 PM
Salanewt: That's awesome! I'm pretty good; been working on an AI Overhaul project and have made some nice progress in the past couple weeks; the goal for tonight is to add Deadbeard to GS2 and then I can move onto something new.
19, August, 2020, 01:14:56 PM
Awec: Ye not bad, just checked back in for updates on GS Reloaded really. Although now I'm looking back through some of my old forum posts, which is fun :D how are you?
19, August, 2020, 01:43:07 AM
Salanewt: It sure is! How have you been?
16, August, 2020, 09:40:57 AM
Awec: Yo nice to see this forum is still going
14, August, 2020, 09:06:44 PM
Salanewt: Hey! How goes it?
01, August, 2020, 01:31:53 PM
KyleRunner: Hello, people!
08, July, 2020, 08:57:11 PM
Salanewt: That awkward feeling when almost a quarter of a year goes by without anyone posting a message in this chatbox.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise