News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

RIEFWARS: The first ever Golden Sun Shooter with Yellow-Rumped Warblers

Started by Charon, 17, August, 2011, 09:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

This is a response to the Golden Sun MUGEN that they're making on GSR. The people working on it are pricks and I hate them so I made this out of a reaction when I told them that they weren't actually developing a game :p

It's meant as both a taunt and a joke. lulz

Super cool gameplay video
Riefwars - Golden Sun Fan Game
This is the best mother ### Golden Sun fan game ever made. I made it in less than 2 hours because I'm AWESOME.

RIEFWARS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is RIEFWARS?
It's the best mother ### Golden Sun fan game in existence. It's even better than Dark Dawn. I also made the engine in less than 2 hours. That means suck on it.

Story:

Two years have passed since the initial announcement of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Even though it was the worst entry in the series and was probably a cheap cop out on Camelot's part every stupid goddamn fanboy and fangirl wants to ### talk about it as if it gives them a hard on or something. Some even are as indignant enough to claim that they are more worthy of writing ### fangames than other people. That's ### right.

So Luc, the goddess of Whiny Wind Boys, summoned Rief to stop this madness. First, he would attack all those stupid goddamn mythical creatures in his way because they are lame. Then, he would attack all the goddamn ship pairings in ### existance because they piss off the great goddess. And finally, Rief would defeat all the popular Golden Sun characters because Sveta has no personality, Karst is lame fettish fuel, Mia only exists for her boobies, Matthew doesn't say anything and Karis won't shut the ### up.

Oh yeah. And Yoshie's in there too. Which makes it awesome.

Who's involved:

Luc the Whiny Wind Boy: The best motha ###' member on GSR, period. And she can make games better than you.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q:How can I get involved in the project?

A: You don't. Especially you, Encablossa.

Q:What will the game play like?

A: It's a ### SHOOTER. What the hell is there not to understand?!

Q:Who'll be in the game?
A: The Silhouettes you see below represent the full character roster for the game, all of these characters are confirmed:

So far the Major Playable Characters will consist of:

• Rief
  • ...maybe yoshie. maybe

Q:Why are there no Dark Dawn Characters

A:There are, you ### idiot. Who do you think Rief is? ARE YOU GOING TO QUESTION THE ALMIGHTY RIEF?

...Thought not.

How can you help?

Don't. Just let me do my job, jackass.

Anyways. Controls.
Version 1.1.0 and later:
SPACEBAR = MOVE UP. Works like swimming levels in SMB
LEFT CLICK = FIRE. You'll need to do this a lot (don't worry there's infinite ammo cuz I'm nice like that)
RIGHT CLICK = Lets you summon a legendary beast, depending on how many Mercury Djinn you collected! A summon destroys everything in its path, and the more djinn you have, the larger path that's destroyed.

(Version 1.0.1 and earlier)
SPACEBAR = MOVE UP. Works like swimming levels in SMB
ENTER = FIRE. You'll need to do this a lot (don't worry there's infinite ammo cuz I'm nice like that)
A = Lets you summon a legendary beast, depending on how many Mercury Djinn you collected! A summon destroys everything in its path, and the more djinn you have, the larger path that's destroyed.

Basically, kill all the monsters for points! If you get a Mercury Djinni, he'll recover all your HP, and you can use it later to summon a legendary beast! But you gotta touch him (inorite), you can't just shoot him.

This is just a beta which is pretty obvious after playing the game for 2 minutes.

I'll add more ### later but I'm too busy being awesome right now. Later, k?

Enemy List:
Phoenix - SHOOTS ### AT YOU ZOMG! Goes in predictable up and down pattern.

Green Lizard Thing - Is like Phoenix except does this weird @#$ zigzag thing.

Eagle - Goes back and forth. Projectiles shot out at 25 and -25 degree angles.

Wolf - Lunges at you and deals damage if it runs into you.

Yellow-Rumped Warbler - Runs its beak into you, draining your HP to 1. Better say your death wish.

Yellow-Throated Warbler - It looks quite a bit like those dreadful Yellow-Rumped Warblers, but it recovers your HP fully if you get hit by one! If you shoot it you also recover a little HP.

Fish - They flop around quickly, and shoot at you.

Shark - It lunges at you very quickly and deals heavy damage if hit. Usually haunts the bottom of the screen.

Rock n' Roll Chicken - These jerks float around for a bit and then attack at an angle. They also shoot a lot of bullets. They're unpredictable and dangerous!

Kid on Bike - This little kid doesn't do anything to attack, but if you shoot him you'll lose all your points!

Paper Doll - Appears in different locations. If you shoot it you'll get a new life!

Barabara - If you see her, you should get the hell away from her. She can't damage on her own, but what comes next...

Yoshie - CANT HANDLE THIS LEVEL OF JOLLY, JOY, KINDNESS AND HAPPINESS (i.e. instant KO)

Creepy Sign - Pops out from the top and bottom of the screen to attack. There's no way to kill it because of its position.

DOWNLOAD BETA NAO:
Version 1.1.0:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v5n6mdngj4j7c7j

Updates:
- Fixed Karst glitch
- Added new region and new enemies
- Prevented camping on the bottom (in region 2 at least)
- Changed summons slightly
- Changed controls
- Fullscreen mode
Version 1.0.0
http://www.mediafire.com/?3yzecs2f2560srz

Atrius (He/Him)

Not too shabby for a game made in 2 hours.  My only complaint is that the controls are physically painful after playing for extended periods of time.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

Yeah I had someone else complain of the controls too, I'm going to figure out a better scheme...

Salanewt

Great work so far! I made it to the boss, but are we supposed to be able to kill her? I can't seem to get Boreas to finish the job.

Anyway, this is a pretty fun game for a beta; so fun, in fact, that I have only one suggestion. Djinni counter? It would be nice to be able to see how many djinn I have before I summon them against the enemies.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

What a summon does is that it quickly clears anything in the path of it. So if some bullets are in the way it completely clears them for like a second. Your bullets can still penetrate though.

To Karst, Mercury (should) do 1 damage, Nereid 2, Neptune 3, Boreas 4. Karst has 50 HP. I think I overlooked something stupid in the code though so gonna check that.

Knight of Purgatory

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

zman9000

Well I guess i'll go out and say everything i learned by playing this.

1. always stay at the bottom and shoot, you can't die
2. the levels with enemys are so easy you don't even need to use the djinn
3. the first boss, to easy
4. the second stage with enemys again after the boss, again easy
5. the 2nd boss is unbeatable, and insanely hard to hit.
6. i found out against the boss its easyer to get a hit on the boss using the 1 djinn summon then the 4 djinn summon, because the 1 djinn summon moves slower and the 4 moves to fast to be effective.
7. i finaly got bored trying to beat the boss, and let it just run to die, I come back an hour later, not only am i still alive but my points are over 90000!!!

so its unbeatable and unstopable... lol
I can quit at any time but i want to see if I can actualy kill my self...

Edit: btw, i was looking at it and i thought every time you picked up a djinn by just sitting there it brought your health right back up and so on... but looking at it, i think it might be slowly increasing your health... and points... lol

Edit two: there is no first and second boss, i just died against the boss the first time (some how) and it started over, so what ever is striked out iggnore.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Misery

I personally hate Rief and would love to play him in a shooter, but when I try to start the game I get this:

Gee, thanks Game Maker, how nice of you to tell me what the problem is.

So uh, Charon, do you know what causes this? Not gonna bug you to fix it if it's a problem with the game itself, but I was kinda curious about what it was like...

Charon

First, check this page on their wiki. If any of those things effect you (I have removed preloaded sounds in version 1.1.0) then change them. Also check your antivirus if its interfering.

The game is sprite intensive so it might also be a memory error.

Misery

It doesn't seem like any of those things would be the problem, I have the latest directX and don't use any antivirus. Even if WMP is the problem, I don't want to touch it. Or maybe it's a memory error like you/they say. Seems to work fine for everyone else, so I guess I'll just pass on this.

Edit: just had another look at the first post. With the gameplay video, at least I know what I'm missing.
...and I think I'm satisfied with just watching o.o
Doubt I could tell the difference between yellow-rumped and yellow-throated warblers, not in that mess.
Finally, if I may have my say, fetish fuel is not lame, and boobies are a perfectly valid reason to exist!