News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I am here!

Started by ThanatosTheDark, 18, August, 2011, 03:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThanatosTheDark

First forum post of anything ON anything ever!!!!!!
Just want to say hello everyone, I've already edited my GS:TLA to a minimum (If you could call items, the town of Dalia, text, and 3 new darkside enemies minimum) and think that Atrius has done a great job with the editor. I can give ideas and will also accept ideas for weapons, witty things for characters to say, or some other third thing. Wish me luck everyone. FIRST FORUM POST EVER!  :FalconPunch: TAKE THAT INTERNET!
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Griever

Hey, Welcome to the forum, try to have fun and be active !!!! The rules are important so do try to at least skim through them.

ThanatosTheDark

I dont know why, but it feels wierd to have an account when this isnt the first time I've been here.

Salanewt

Hello Mr. Zane, and welcome to the Golden Sun Hacking Community! As long as you follow the rules, you should be able to have fun here.

To a minimum, huh? Is it enough to be considered an overhaul of the game, or... ?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

ThanatosTheDark

its just that the editor isnt finished (or what I want finished.) Things like maps, all of the "???" items filled.
As they say in the warioware games: HURRY UP ATRIUS!!!
:WiseOne: The Wise one is watchin you

Misery

Hello, I'm pretty new here as well so I may not really be cut out to welcome people. But I just have to say that...
Quote from: Kingzane on 18, August, 2011, 05:02:24 PM
I dont know why, but it feels wierd to have an account when this isnt the first time I've been here.
...I know exactly how you feel.

About the map editing, be patient. From what I gather, the people who made Golden Sun really liked to separate data and compress it in strange ways. Can't blame them, considering how much they had to fit onto the cart. Anyway, I think he's working on it for an upcoming version.

Kain

Welcome to the GSHC.  I hope you have fun here.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Kingzane on 18, August, 2011, 05:36:43 PM... all of the "???" items filled.

Literally Items?  Those are blank slots in the game's data free for you to fill as you desire.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

ThanatosTheDark

QuoteLiterally Items?  Those are blank slots in the game's data free for you to fill as you desire.

I'm talkin about on the item "creator" thing...The check boxes

Atrius (He/Him)

Oh, the current theory on the first one is that it removes that item from Isaac & Co's inventory if they have it when you transfer them using a password, or something.  I'm not entirely convinced since many items with it set are beyond the maximum item index in the first game.  The other two are most likely unused.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

pez777

Welcome, enjoy your stay and stay active.

looking for new members/ Affiliates

Amylolz

Welcome! Follow the rules, don't troll, and have fun! >_<

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Yeah, yeah, hi an' all that crap. Try not to piss anyone off.

Kai Hong

Welcome! I'm Kai Hong, so...hi! This was my first forum too.
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

zman9000

Well this is my first forum as well... but take my word for it... read the rules, follow the rules... its will save you trouble in the future.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Hoopa

Welcome, try not to do stupid things, follow the rules, etc. Anywho, nice to meet you.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Aile~♥

Oh noez, people!

Hi! Read the rules, post lots, talk to people, and all that good fun stuff.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

ThanatosTheDark

Are you guys still posting here?????

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteOh, the current theory on the first one is that it removes that item from Isaac & Co's inventory if they have it when you transfer them using a password, or something.  I'm not entirely convinced since many items with it set are beyond the maximum item index in the first game.  The other two are most likely unused.
Well, I'm pretty sure that is correct. I probably should have posted a tutorial of what the assembly code did to further prove my statement.

Anyway, Kingzane, have a warm welcome to the forums!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)