Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 19, 2017, 12:25:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Sun Minecraft Mod Discussion  (Read 50790 times)
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 06:13:48 PM »

I don't have Minecraft either.  I think I will do the prepaid gift card method when I get it... (If I get it anytime soon and don't change my mind, etc... ) I currently have about 29 dollars worth on Swagbucks, so...

All the good people don't have minecraft, and this project slowly dies a painful death. :'(

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:29:49 PM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 10:39:31 AM »

All you'd need to do for some mobs, such as Zombies and Skeletons is change the skin.

Also, you could maybe mod the beacons, so they shine the color corresponding to the star you put in.
Using the Enderdragon as a base code, I'm sure it wouldn't bee too hard to implement more dragons, like Karst and Agatio's dragons, Fusion Dragon and Doom Dragon.

I'm considering taking up learning how to make mods, if I do, I'll consider helping out with this.

Woo!
View Profile
RTGreece21
Ruehl, son of Disgaea
Venus Clan

I see the glass half empty even when it's full.

I am: lazy and loving my cat books.

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I might be able to do some models for the monsters or retexture something. I really love minecraft so a GS mod is right up my alley. Equipting abilities would be pretty cool too, if we could get that going.

"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]
View Profile WWW

Some Guy

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 11:57:11 PM »

Woah, sorry that I missed the responses here.

Anyway, I am still working on this, the project is far from abandoned. I will be skipping Minecraft 1.5.2, and instead releasing the next version for Minecraft 1.6. I am working on a number of things, most notably these:

Spoiler for Hidden:
- The Psynergy Reactor might actually work, and is going to be using the Universal Electricity API instead of the Industrialcaft API.

- I am trying to add sounds, but I am encountering a great deal of problems with that. Sorry.

- I do not think that I am experienced enough to add true Pysnergy yet (Adding abilities without items like that is a extremely difficult). However, for the time being, the Psynergy rifle is receiving a complete overhaul. It will feature a module system that will allow for it to fire various types of offensive and utility Psynergy. It will also have its own model, which I have been working on here:

- I am adding Djinn mobs (Of all elements), as well as a few other Golden Sun enemies, like Vermin.

-The armor is getting actual abilities, and will not take any durability damage in order to make it a viable alternative to something like a Quantum Suit or Powersuit to justify its cost.

- New alloys that use either Golden Sun materials Orihalcon and Psynergy stone, or a mixture of both Golden Sun materials and materials from other mods. These can be used to create new reinforced blocks for strong structures, amongst other things.

- Improved inter-compatibility with other mods. As well as more mod crossover items (Currently looking at Galacticraft, Thaumcraft, and ICBMs. Yes, Elemental Nukes and Summon Missiles.).

-I may work on models for some of the weapons as well.

-Improved textures, because the Orihalcon Block texture sucks. All will be directly lifted from the GBA Golden Sun games.
I really appreciate your offer to help out. If you want, you could help me create the models for the Djinn, as I am having quite some trouble with it. Also, I really like the idea with the Dragons and Elemental Lighthouse components, they would be great for adventure maps. I will look into that as well.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:16:25 AM by Robert Joe » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 06:14:42 PM »

...This reminds me of a zelda mod that BebopVox reviewed.

View Profile WWW

Some Guy

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11:22 AM »

Which mod? And how so? Although I am most likely wrong, I assume that you mean that I am adding a lot of stuff that is not directly related to Golden Sun. That is sort of the idea with "Mod crossover" items, though. I am attempting to make the mod fit in very well with a heavily-modded Minecraft client. And that entails adding a lot of things that are half-Golden Sun, and half-assault rifle or something.

I might add a configuration option to disable the crossover things if they are really disliked that much, though.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 08:28:21 PM »

Aye, the Zelda Mod was more of a Zelda Inspired mod.  Rather than have an option to "disable" stuff, why not just release it as two companion mods?  One doesn't necessarily need the other to work, but they build on each other.

Also, for your spell thing... I think you answered your own question.  Look at what the games themselves do - they get the same icons as weapons and items and stuff.  The trick is, though, to make it separate from the storage inventory so that it doesn't take up space.  You should have the ability to place it on the bottom bar, though.  I suppose another issue is to have an icon for the selection, but nothing in the hand...

Perhaps modify the equipment selection screen?  If you have people equip a primary weapon (which would automatically be slotted to slot 1 in the active inventory), then you could make what the player is holding default to that weapon when using the spell.  You can still switch to secondary weapons normally (from sword to bow or visa versa), but when selecting the spell it'll show what's in the weapon equip slot (or just your hand if that's empty).

View Profile WWW

Some Guy

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 11:17:05 PM »

Having a mod that comes in multiple sections is not really that great of an idea. Many mods, such as ICBMs, do this and it makes installing everything a bit difficult. I really want to try to keep this mod in one clean .zip file instead of multiple ones.

So, I will probably have it work a bit differently, all the content that is a crossover with another mod will not be enabled unless that mod is detected (At the current time, this is not the case, as the IC2 things are enabled regardless of weather IC2 is installed or not). And also have a configuration option to disable them completely on top of that.

As for the Psynergy, that got me thinking a bit. I am not really experienced enough to edit the actual equipment setup, and doing so runs the risk of interfering with another mod and creating an incompatibility.

However, I could do something very similar. If I create some sort of item that can be equipped in a slot and right-clicked, I can make it so that it can be altered to act as multiple kinds of Psynergy. Basically, once you craft the item, you can equip it with, say a Douse Drop, and right-clicking with it will cast Douse.

Of course, this would still take up an inventory slot, and it is not that different from the Psynergy Rifle. In fact, the only difference would be the appearance and the fact that it would probably use Experience to activate, while the rifle would use electricity.

Let me keep trying things out and messing around with the code. I might be able to create proper Psynergy if I derp around enough. I have a decent amount of time before Minecraft, other mods, and my server update to 1.6, so I am not going to be that rushed.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 02:13:17 AM »

Oooh, I don't like the XP cost.  Even a limited number of uses would be better than that - you'd never get anyone to use it.  There's a lot of mods out there that add an MP bar.  Perhaps you can look and see how they did that?

View Profile WWW

Some Guy

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 07:29:09 AM »

Hmm.. Affirmative,  you have a point there. Using Experience for Psynergy would not be that desirable. I will attempt to create a Psynergy Point system of some sort, but I might not be successful with that endeavor.

If I do end up going with the durability thing, I will make it so that Psynergy Stone and/or Psynergy Dust can be used to recharge the Psynergy item. As of right now, Psynergy Stone is incredibly common and almost useless. Everyone who has ever played the mod on survival mode either uses Psynergy Stone for IC2 Scrap or even just programs their sorters throw it into an incinerator. It desperately needs a use other than crafting the Golden Sun blocks, and while I am going to make it so that it can be used to generate electricity with the Psynergy Reactor, I want to try to add a pure-Golden Sun use for it as well.

I will continue to work in this...
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 06:44:55 PM »

Definitely look into the various Magic and RPG mods out there then - they'll help with the MP thing.  With MP also comes use for psynergy stones.  Also, consider making all the Psynergy Tools OUT of psynergy stones - for example, you'd need a Psynergy stone, a block of snow, and a block of ice for a Frost Jewel or something.  Then Psynergy stones can be used to recharge it as if you're fusing two swords or something at the work bench.

Bam, three uses for Psynergy Stones right there - Recharging PP, Crafting, and Recharging Tools.

Also, consider making it quite rare.  Otherwise they might seem a bit OP, like Ambrosia was when the Aether mod first came out.

View Profile WWW

Some Guy

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 05:04:09 AM »

I have not seen many magic mods recently other than Thaumcraft. However, it appears as if Ars Magica passed under my radar (I have no idea why I have not discovered this mod yet, it is quite nice). It is basically what I am trying to do with this mod, just very polished and generally better. Additionally, it has an API, so I can add a whole bunch of Psynergy spells to it (Although quite a few already exist in it that are virtually identical to Golden Sun spells).

However, I know that this is again, making more stupid mod crossover stuff that I seem to be obsessed with. However, I do want to try to have this mod posses some substance on its own, but the Mana system that I devised is extremely similar to the one in Ars Magica, and it would therefore be kind of illogical to make, as it would create an incompatibility with Ars Magica, which is more in-depth and well-done in that department.

Right now I am going to work on pure-Golden Sun stuff like Djinn and those annoying movable rock things that were in most puzzles. I will work on the magic system later, because I want to have some time to think about it. I do not know weather to go with an actual magic system or use Ars Magica's API. I could have it have its own system, and switch over to the API if Ars Magica is detected, which seems like the most logical bet, although it would be difficult to code.

I am also going to to work on make some modeled objects from Golden Sun, such as the statues from the various Lighthouses and those annoying rock things I mentioned. You are right, I need to actually add some real Golden Sun stuff before I start with "PSYNERGY NUKEZ" and other such nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:06:51 AM by Robert Joe » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 05:31:15 AM »

Can I ask a favor?  Can most of the explosive spells not destroy the hell out of the terrain?  I hate that about most magic mods.  Can't use fire spells without obliterating the landscape...

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

Is there some reason you can't base the PP metre code for your mod on the MP metre code from the Ars Magica mod? Just use that as a base for your mod, then make your own spells and suchlike and add the rest of your stuff. Or is that considered stealing?

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Eli Dacreach
Minecraft Modder

Novice Member

I am: 10ft deep in code (and loving every second of it!)

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 04:43:00 AM »

While not technically illegal, it is HIGHLY frowned upon to use someone else's code directly. (That doesn't mean that one cannot look at the code to see how someone did a certain thing that is stumping you.)

By the way, this is Eli Dacreach/EliteCreature (I don't really know why I used the name I did, or why (or how) I made an account back in 2011...?)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:44:31 AM by Dullahan1116 » Logged
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
November 16, 2017, 09:44:44 AM
Fox: Very quiet month.
November 11, 2017, 04:16:27 AM
tino_animate: Hello everyone. Ive just recently replayed Golden sun and TLA. I got really inspired and I'm interested in creating a prequel of Golden Sun. Unfurtunatly i know bery little on how to do it bit im willing to learn how. I need a few people to help me. I'm sure we can create a very well story based on what we know of the games. Anyone interested?
October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
October 16, 2017, 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
October 16, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
October 16, 2017, 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise