Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 19, 2017, 12:26:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Sun Minecraft Mod Discussion  (Read 50792 times)
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2013, 06:24:34 AM »

@annoying rock things: If you are talking about the ones you use "Move" on, they are probably pillars, but I like to call them statues myself, :)

@Copying other peoples work: Or better yet, ask for permission to use someone else's code. Isn't that what some people can be afraid to do, and yet, it's the very thing that let's other know they have been helpful. (If they agree to sharing.) And even if they don't, the message still gets across: "We like what you did there!" However, there is one exception to that, and that's when you try to hack their program to see code they may want to keep private to themselves. (Especially if there's any indication that you shouldn't "hack" said program/ROM.)

@Eli Dacreach/EliteCreature: Oh, hello there, I don't know you, but have you ever considered introducing yourself in the Introductions?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:38:30 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...
*Cross my fingers and hope we have Big Brother All-Stars next year... with Paulie & Cody Califorie(sp?)... and Vanessa & Tiffany Rousso.... Would be fun? :P Especially if one of the boys got evicted early since there's usually some all-guy alliance in there, right?
View Profile

Some Guy

Coins: 0

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »

Yeah, as Eli Dacreach said, copying other people's code without their permission is extremely rude. While I personally consider anything that I code to be public domain (Not that anyone could really do anything with it, it is quite poorly-written), you have to respect the wishes of the particular mod's creator. If they do not want anyone messing with it (Like the creator or Arcs Magica appears to request), then you do not do so.

This subject is actually a rather common source of drama in the Minecraft modding community. Although it usually takes the form of a Modpack containing a mod that the original creator does not want re-uploaded.

Anyway, I am currently working on the Psynergy API. This might take me a while, as I have had a large amount of real life issues appear recently that I have been having to tend to. I should have it done within the next month, though.
View Profile
Eli Dacreach
Minecraft Modder

Novice Member

I am: 10ft deep in code (and loving every second of it!)

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »

@Teawater: uh....oops...my bad  Sweat Drop

To follow up Robert Joe's previous post, considering our current skills (or lack thereof) in the java department, RJ and I have decided to dedicate the rest of this year to gaining a better understanding of Java, and digging into minecraft code to figure out how best to proceed.

We would like to make as high quality of a mod as possible, that many will find enjoyable, and that will be cross-compatible with as many other mods as possible. We will keep you updated on our progress.
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 02:42:11 PM »

I am sorry for double posting, but here is another update.

I have mainly been working on blocks:

There is going to be a whole set of Weyard blocks, that will allow you to build Golden Sun things and still have regular Minecraftian blocks available.

Weyard blocks are crafted with eight of their mundane Minecraftian counterparts and some Psynergy Dust. Psynergy Dust is acquired by macerating Psynergy Crystals....

Hey, would you feel ok posting these skins?  I'm not doing anything with Minecraft, but I might try to use these with a simple 3d map editor I'm making using lua and Love2d.  Using stuff that resembles Golden Sun would be cool.

View Profile
Eli Dacreach
Minecraft Modder

Novice Member

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 07:10:39 PM »

I am sorry for double posting, but here is another update.

I have mainly been working on blocks:

There is going to be a whole set of Weyard blocks, that will allow you to build Golden Sun things and still have regular Minecraftian blocks available.

Weyard blocks are crafted with eight of their mundane Minecraftian counterparts and some Psynergy Dust. Psynergy Dust is acquired by macerating Psynergy Crystals....

Hey, would you feel ok posting these skins?  I'm not doing anything with Minecraft, but I might try to use these with a simple 3d map editor I'm making using lua and Love2d.  Using stuff that resembles Golden Sun would be cool.

You are going to have to explain this....

(just want to note, for many of the natural and *simple* blocks (such as bricks and stone based materials) all we need is a single 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, or 256x256 image to put that texture on it... From that point all it takes is a single block of code, and (provided you have the right hooks for the mod in general, and registered your block correctly) Wallah! You have a simple block with a texture!)

Actually, now I realize that I read your post wrong -_-' sorry.

[well, a little info on an item that is perfectly safe and open to the public never hurt anybody ;P]
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2014, 10:27:42 PM »

I just want someone to post square pictures.  Any size or format is fine.
View Profile
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »

I haven't been on the site and look what i missed. My idea became a thing. though i really had no part in it i'm glad its a thing.
kinda sad i didn't realize it was out, even partly finished, for a year now.

Have to look into this.

Also about the mod. one main thing i was having trouble with recreating a area from golden sun in normal minecraft was the logs rolling in water. (or on land)
I have no idea how you would do it, or if its even possible in minecraft with out lagging the hell out of it.

well i'll try it out and i hope to see more. Amazing work Robert Joe!!!

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2014, 06:54:20 AM »

I haven't been on the site and look what i missed. My idea became a thing. though i really had no part in it i'm glad its a thing.
kinda sad i didn't realize it was out, even partly finished, for a year now.

Have to look into this.

Also about the mod. one main thing i was having trouble with recreating a area from golden sun in normal minecraft was the logs rolling in water. (or on land)
I have no idea how you would do it, or if its even possible in minecraft with out lagging the hell out of it.

well i'll try it out and i hope to see more. Amazing work Robert Joe!!!
I don't know if this another project or not but as far as I know Eli Dacreach and RobertJoe have been working together and made the mod in this topic:
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2350.msg40427;topicseen

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
Eli Dacreach
Minecraft Modder

Novice Member

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2014, 10:00:18 PM »

I'm back. I only have a few weeks of definite free time though, so don't expect alot. (I am mainly going to work on some basic modding stuff (the foundation of the mod, if you will)) {I also lost alot of data from a computer crash... but that is not a big deal since I remember most of what I did.}
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »

Hey, Eli... look into Ars Magica 2.  It's got a lot of magical effects and stuff, including beam shaped spells.  Should help you a lot if you want to mod in GS spells or something.

View Profile WWW
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »

Wow Eli you're back!

I take it then that really nothing has happened with the mod in the meantime? Because I recall you moving to reddit and I thought you continued the mod there...

Unfortunate that you lost so much stuff, though.

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
Eli Dacreach
Minecraft Modder

Novice Member

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 07:16:58 AM »

@Roli: As I am restarting from scratch, graphical stuff is quite a bit off, but I will keep are magical in mind.

@Luna: Tis a shame to lose data, but is probably for the best. I have learned that I was going about things the wrong way last time. Now I can do things better.
View Profile
Eli Dacreach
Minecraft Modder

Novice Member

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 03:15:51 AM »

I feel I have made some good progress. also, I would like to announce my current project tangent/arc:

I am making Air's Rock :O
View Profile
Luna_blade
Luna Clan

Great Member

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 07:32:42 AM »

I feel I have made some good progress. also, I would like to announce my current project tangent/arc:
That's good to hear.
Wow. That's pretty sweet. Do you have some kind of RPG system already or enemies?

View Profile
Eli Dacreach
Minecraft Modder

Novice Member

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 01:50:40 PM »

That's good to hear.
Wow. That's pretty sweet. Do you have some kind of RPG system already or enemies?

I am definitely adding some things, like mana. But not a full fledged RPG system...

I will add enemies later, currently making structures. (And textures, which I am Really bad at)
View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
November 16, 2017, 09:44:44 AM
Fox: Very quiet month.
November 11, 2017, 04:16:27 AM
tino_animate: Hello everyone. Ive just recently replayed Golden sun and TLA. I got really inspired and I'm interested in creating a prequel of Golden Sun. Unfurtunatly i know bery little on how to do it bit im willing to learn how. I need a few people to help me. I'm sure we can create a very well story based on what we know of the games. Anyone interested?
October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
October 16, 2017, 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
October 16, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
October 16, 2017, 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise