News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Minecraft Mod Discussion

Started by zman9000, 29, August, 2011, 03:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dullahan1116

@Roli: As I am restarting from scratch, graphical stuff is quite a bit off, but I will keep are magical in mind.

@Luna: Tis a shame to lose data, but is probably for the best. I have learned that I was going about things the wrong way last time. Now I can do things better.

Dullahan1116

I feel I have made some good progress. also, I would like to announce my current project tangent/arc:

I am making Air's Rock :O

Luna_blade

Quote from: Eli Dacreach on 05, January, 2015, 10:15:51 PM
I feel I have made some good progress. also, I would like to announce my current project tangent/arc:
That's good to hear.
Wow. That's pretty sweet. Do you have some kind of RPG system already or enemies?
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

Quote from: Luna_blade on 06, January, 2015, 02:32:42 AM
That's good to hear.
Wow. That's pretty sweet. Do you have some kind of RPG system already or enemies?

I am definitely adding some things, like mana. But not a full fledged RPG system...

I will add enemies later, currently making structures. (And textures, which I am Really bad at)

EggEmperor

I sort of just stumbled on this forum looking for an image of the first floor of Mercury Lighthouse and became intrigued... Long story short, applying for Jobs and Grad school is boring and to keep myself from going insane I started a little project. Namely building Mercury Lighthouse in Minecraft... I've finished the exterior and I'm working on the inside right now...Not sure if this is at all helpful or anything but I just thought that someone here might be able to use it.
J.E.E.

Luna_blade

Woww.  :um:
That looks pretty good.
Perhaps this may be used as a structure that generates in the world.

As for looking for a picture of the Mercury LH rooms, we migth not have that here BUT, we do have a big savestate library around, which can be usefull for exploring Mercury LH.
Link here: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=566.0

Anyway, welcome to the forums.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

I have to apologize. But, at least for this semester, I have to buckle down and do homework.

#CalculusIsEatingMyLife

I do highly appreciate the design you have done! (May I ask how tall it is?)

EggEmperor

Eli Dacreach:
Ugh Calculus... Don't remind me of that...

The Lighthouse is ~ 240-242 tall 60 wide at the base (the generic body... there's no way in hell I'm rebuilding the basic design for all 4 when they're nearly identical, the fact that the Jupiter aerie is wider and has a different design irks me :irate:) Because I was forgetful in the fact that Mercury sits in water when I created the main design - and my editor is a very outdated and limited program - I had to add an additional foundation so it sits properly. So about 243-244, beacon and the platform the foundation sits on places the building at about world height. I attached an image of the lake and the foundation platform (I actually designed an entire "world" for the Imil or north Angeran peninsula, though I ended up making it too big, I didn't really understand the vastness of a 3200 x 3200 world  :Sweat:) I made the lighthouse so tall because besides a few places that I can remember - Altin mines, the basement area of Venus Lighthouse which could e a problem ... ugh and some building basements - most caves and other structures never go underground, thus I could take full advantage of the build height, basing it off that one picture of Venus Lighthouse where it's almost as tall as the mountains in the distance (Personally basing it on that picture it's not really tall enough maybe if it were more like 500 it would be more to scale  :happy:) At any rate I was also able to get a redstone system that actually ignites the beacon if you toss a block down the well...Still have to work on getting that perfect. Also have to figure out how to split the aerie's of Venus and Mars.

Luna_blade:
Thanks for the room guide. I'll put that to good use.

Rolina

* Rolina winces at the diamond blocks

That's gonna get griefed to hell and back.  Though, I do think it looks freaking awesome.  Which versions of MC was it done in?  I think you could do something awesome with the star in 1.8, and there's plenty of new blocks for detail and the interior along with it...

EggEmperor

Yeah the diamonds and emeralds - it's lime wool now but that's just because my architecture program was made before emeralds were introduced, I was going to use another editor to bulk replace them - are/were sort of of just a place holder. When I was just building this thing for myself, I chose Mercury Lighthouse because it was 1) the easiest of the 4 to build and 2) because it was the only one I could build semi-accurately in vanilla minecraft, it was just a happy coincidence that the diamond, emerald and prismarine blocks matched the the GS in-game pallet of the lighthouse fairly well. :happy:
I guess if/when the thing is placed in world we'd (if I may so humbly include myself) need to replace them with texture blocks matching the lighthouse(s). As for griefing... ugh I don't know...  :sad: besides perhaps making the texture blocks un-mineable, a la bedrock or something similar I don't know. I do remember my roomate playing a server long ago, it was the first time I had even heard of minecraft, where certain structures would just refresh their "state" every 30 min - hour. But that was a long time ago, years, it had to have been beta/alpha, perhaps infdevl, if they had server play that far back, so I'm not sure if something like that is still possible, if it ever was; I could have well miss understood something. :?:

But yeah the minecraft build I'm using is 1.8.1 or what ever is the newest update they have. So the light was built in that. One I finish the basic plan I really will have to see how things can be embellished, it may just have to be the interior, I'm not certain how much I can do on the outside (maybe some water dragon/s gargoyles on the transition levels between the main tower and the aerie tower) but once I have the design pat so I can use it as a template for the other 3, I'll try for a finished product.

The only other thing I might want to add is the question of the accuracy of the ignition process. Mercury and Jupiter are easy, beam and boom - beacon - Venus and Mars crack open though. I've actually figured out a way to do that (at least for the aerie, I gave up on doing it for the whole lighthouse really early), basically uses a command block to replace the whole intact aerie with a split one hidden in a mountain somewhere via a command block and the clone command, then after a bit replaces the split one with another intact aerie, again hidden in a mountain somewhere using the same process. After that it resets itself like the normal beacon command system (which I've used for Mercury). All that needs to be done to repeat the process is chip away the beacon over the well, and then toss another block (star) into the well and everything starts over. The thing is this is still mostly on paper it can be done, I just haven't built anything but the first stage of the system, the one that lights the beacon and is used for Mercury, and eventually Jupiter. Basically I want opinions before I embark on that, if it's not necessary, then I'll just skip it.

Rolina

Definitely look into using a lot of the new ocean temple blocks.  Sea Lanterns could work out great for the Mercury star as well~

zman9000

QuoteI sort of just stumbled on this forum looking for an image of the first floor of Mercury Lighthouse and became intrigued... Long story short, applying for Jobs and Grad school is boring and to keep myself from going insane I started a little project. Namely building Mercury Lighthouse in Minecraft... I've finished the exterior and I'm working on the inside right now...Not sure if this is at all helpful or anything but I just thought that someone here might be able to use it.
J.E.E.

I attempted to do the same sorta thing during Christmas 2 years ago. i spent nearly the entire day just working on the first floor building everything by hand, to scale, going back and forth between the editor and mine craft.

In the end once i finished the first floor of the inside and made a round base around that i realized the scale of what i was building and decided to stop. even more this was just after the hight limit in minecraft was doubled and looking at the base compared to the height in the over world view i figured it would be to big to build in one piece, and would even be to wide even if i built it on its side. and this is just the first, smallest lighthouse... they are insane, though talking about it makes me want to go try again... lol
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

EndiePlays

I don't play Minecraft, but you should make an adventure map for it.