News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

GS4 Possible Characters

Started by Durza, 29, August, 2011, 01:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

I know that there's no news out about the pretty-much guaranteed sequel, but I've been thinking about a character line up that would allow a transfer of members from DD without giving a huge party.

1:Son of Felix and Sheba. Would finally give a long sword wielding Jupiter character, even if the tri-element classes would still be a hindrance for a physical battler.
2: Takeru. Probably comes with a Cloud Brand or gets it as part of the story later.
3: Nowell. Probably a healer, but since Piers is travelling with her and probably training her, she could get the Mariner class.
4: Fire adept... possibly from Prox if Felix lives there, which I'm thinking he might.

Then in transfer, you'd probably get Matthew, Tyrell and Karis, withRief if Kraden returns, or Amiti if they want to expand on his story, though since it's likely he's [spoiler]king of Ayuthay[/spoiler] he probably won't be an actual party member.

Alternatively, there's

1:Felix's Earth adept son, hopefully with a different base class to Matthew
2:Sheba's daughter, with Mind Read this time, not like Karis.
3:Nowell.
4:There aren't really many Mars adepts to pick from.
5:Takeru
6:The girl from Contigo in TLA
7:A Lemurian, possibly. Or one of Mia's apprentices.

Any other ideas?
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

ThanatosTheDark

That was a nice thought for a lineup.

I don't think that takeru would be a part of the team, more like a character that you help over and over again.

That baby in contigo would seem like someone reasonable, but that would mean that she would be just like eoleo(30 while helping 15-18 year olds.)

Maybe karst and agatio have a child, they die and felix raise it as his own with sheba.

There might be a point where you get someone from the original 8
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Awec

I don't think they'd let you control anyone from the original 8. It was pretty clear in Dark Dawn that their quest was over and finished, and they that they wanted the next generation to take over.
I also find it unlikely that any unnamed Adepts from the original games would become party members.

To tell you the truth, I rather wonder if they're planning something more elaborate than TLA's dumping of TBS's party. It's possible that they introduce a completely new 8 for GS4 and then make a GS5 and maybe even GS6 which mix and match various members of the parties.

I think Durza is right about Amiti, but I suppose it isn't unthinkable that he might rejoin the party.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Durza

It still seems a bit irresponsible to just tell the new generation to take over, though, since the old characters are pretty much immortal. Who knows what Felix and Sheba are doing, and Piers is still roaming the sea. I think it's more like Isaac won't consider his quest finished until he returns to Sol Sanctum to see what's going on there, possibly returning the Mars power the Wise One gave him.

If they're using a completely new party, hopefully they'll all be available before the endgame.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

why haven't I read this yet? I've been thinking the same things.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

This is my idea for GS4 party, that it is.

1. Matthew.
2. Tyrell.
3. Ahri (Contigo baby).
4. Megan (that little girl in Imil).
5. Takeru (hopefully he'd be better than his sister).
6. Akafubu's kid.
7. A rogue Tuaparang.
8. Vande (that beastman musician in GS3 (the named one)).

Durza

Seems interesting, but it's also unlikely Karis wouldn't be there if the other two are. And you'd be starting the game on level 50+ if you did get those three. I would agree Takeru's likely to make an appearance if you get to use Piers' ship at all.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteSeems interesting, but it's also unlikely Karis wouldn't be there if the other two are.
Well, I'm hoping for the same thing that happened to Jenna in GS1 to happen to Karis in GS4, that I am.
Karis' personality annoyed the HELL out of me, that it did.

And that's why I didn't include her.

Durza

I kind of got that at the start of the game. Not so much towards the end.

Aile~♥

All the characters personalities annoyed the heck out of me, with the exceptions of Eoleo, Matthew, and (strangely enough) Kraden. Everyone else was really repetitive a lot of the time, taking the opportunity to point out things that everyone in the room already knew. Karis would've been a cool character if she weren't so repetitive. And Himi and Sveta don't have any personality whatsoever between the two of them.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: Tetsuya the Azure Blade on 06, February, 2012, 12:40:56 PM
This is my idea for GS4 party, that it is.

1. Matthew.
2. Tyrell.
3. Ahri (Contigo baby).
4. Megan (that little girl in Imil).
5. Takeru (hopefully he'd be better than his sister).
6. Akafubu's kid.
7. A rogue Tuaparang.
8. Vande (that beastman musician in GS3 (the named one)).

I don't want Matt and the others to return, for various reasons.  The main one being that they'll have a level reset.  "But Role, they could use transfer da--"TUA WARRIORS.  Your whole party is level 99.  There is no way we're having transfer data with that.

Here's my hope:

Takeru
New Proxian Guy
Felix and Sheba's Daughter
Nowell

The game starts with Felix, Piers, Felix's Daughter, and Nowell on Piers' ship.  They're heading home, and the tutorial fights are on the ship.  Felix's Daughter is the Squire of the bunch, Nowell is a badass Mercury Black Mage.  Neither class has been seen before.  You get there, meet Sheba find out about the events of DD, and find your own crisis you have to deal with.  There's multiple directions you have to go, so Piers and Felix head one way, and they send you the other way.  Sheba joins you during this time.  When you get to the new area, crap hits the fan and you wind up having to do a bit of fighting.  Sheba gets separated, but it turns out for the better, since you can split up and help more people.  Before you get out, though, you face a boss, now without Sheba's back up.  But not to fear, Takeru's coming to save the day!  Together, with your new Warrior in tow, you kick @#$, take names, and move along your merry way.  Not too much later, you meet a group of proxians.  Stuff happens, and one of them joins you - a healer.  You then proceed to play the rest of the game.  Which is greater than half of it left - after all, you only have 2-3 djinn per person at this point!

Salanewt

Well yeah, but if they were to have a level reset, then I have a feeling that it would have something to do with that giant vortex that can be seen near the end of the credits. It could technically make sense, and it would make more sense than a data transfer at this point.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Durza

I'd prefer new characters to starting the game again with the same ones. And if there's no Karis, there's no base class multi healing, which would definitely be a good thing.

If they do pair up Felix and Sheba, would the home town be Prox or Lalivero? It'd be nice to have a legitimate reason to visit one of the lighthouses either way- Felix gets a letter from Isaac and goes to check the nearby lighthouse, cue tutorial. Don't ask me why, but I think Takeru will end up on Piers' ship with Nowell, but join either earlier or later for some reason.

Anyone think king Wo will make a reappearance by the way? And a save Isaac quest could be a good reason for meeting the Tuaprang.

Rolina

I figured this would take place in the western ocean.  They'd have some place in Hesperia, and you'd travel to prox over the course of the game.  The game would focus on the events of Hesperia and Prox, though.  No Atteka yet... I think we should have a game for each region, to help expand the geography.  It'd be nice if it was a series of events, and the final game in this arc is what leads up to the Mourning Moon and the showdown with the Tuaparang leaders.  It could use a character or two from each game, leveled down to fit the needs of the game.  Matt would return for this one and lead them.

Until then, I don't wanna see Matt again.  Let's get some new characters here.

Kioll

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I don't think a data transfer is even possible.  Think about TBS and TLA...  When you finished TBS, it ended rather abruptly, and you were left with Clear Data.  Dark Dawn doesn't do that.  Secondly, I doubt any of the characters from Dark Dawn will actually make a reappearance.  If they did, I'd be sorely disappointed.  While I do believe that Nowell has a chance of showing up, I don't know.  Dark Dawn was a fanservice game, and they will likely be paying attention to the fans yet again on what to do for the next game.  I also don't see Takeru joining from the start, and this is why:  When Takeru left home, he was already a warrior.  By the time he managed to make it into a game, he would likely be too strong for a starting-level character.

Whoever Felix's kid is, they're definitely going to be in the game.  However, I doubt Felix's kid is going to be a Jupiter Adept.  More than likely, Felix's son will be to Felix what Matthew is to Isaac.  Which is unfortunate, but nevertheless...

Also, about the thing about the Mourning Moon arriving...  I'm pretty sure that already happened in Dark Dawn.  I think number 4 will focus on stopping it.

Also, I'm seeing Light Adepts making a debut, somehow.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was one in the party.  The likelihood of a Proxian character is also low, I think.

I see them repeating what Dark Dawn did...  Felix's kid, Matthew's kid sister, Sheba's kid, and Piers' kid, possibly replaced by Nowell instead of him actually having a kid.  As for the second party...  I can see Takeru joining then, maybe even last.  The Mars adept is probably going to come out of nowhere and surprise us all.  As for the second party Jupiter Adept, I see it being Feizhi's kid.  Hama's kid is a possibility, I suppose, but Feizhi gets less love and will probably be the dark horse in this case.  The second Mercury adept will either be a Lemurian or a relative of Mia's.

As for the thing about being on the other side of Angara, ship-wise, I doubt it, because the likelihood of Takeru being on the other side is low.  However, the ability to cross to the other side of Angara will probably be added.  Also, I see Sunny reappearing to do the forging instead of Briggs' grandmother.  Either Sunny or his kid, anyways.

I also see Sol Sanctum being the final dungeon somehow.  Either Sol Sanctum or Luna Sanctum...  There will probably be more alchemy machines left behind by the Jenei which will be necessary to enter Luna Sanctum...  Can you tell I thought about all of this a lot after I finished Dark Dawn?  Lol.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Rolina

Felix and Sheba were "strongly hinted at", along with Isaac and Jenna.  Odds are they'll be a victorious ship as well, thus why I said a Jovian Squire - mommy's element with daddy's build.

I am very much against light and dark adepts, personally.

If they repeat what they did in Dark Dawn, I'm done with the series.  The sales figures alone should tell them we didn't like that approach.

Kioll

I understand why you said it, Role, and I'm not discounting it.  For all I know, we'll have another brother/sister mix.  But I seriously doubt there will be a Jovian Squire.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Rolina

Well, if Takeru is in the next game, and Camelot listens when they hear "Stick to four characters this time", that leads up to a Jovian child.  Of course, for all we know, Takeru is the next MC...

Salanewt

Or heck, we could end up with a 16 member party too, if all goes well. I mean, with all that has happened so far, I wouldn't be surprised at anything that happens with the series...

But yeah, if all goes really well, then this Takeru ghost will be nothing more than an NPC - it might be best that way, considering their plan would likely involve having relatives of the original eight again.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Salanewt on 08, February, 2012, 04:54:34 PM
Or heck, we could end up with a 16 member party too, if all goes well. I mean, with all that has happened so far, I wouldn't be surprised at anything that happens with the series...

But yeah, if all goes really well, then this Takeru ghost will be nothing more than an NPC - it might be best that way, considering their plan would likely involve having relatives of the original eight again.
@ NPC Takeru: Don't say that, Salsa! I'm hoping for a playable Takeru, that I am! I'd love for someone with a samurai base class to be a PC in a Goldensun game, that I would.

@16 person party: I was thinking that too, that I was!