News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

GS4 Possible Characters

Started by Durza, 29, August, 2011, 01:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

I'd say that Felix's kids being Jupiter and Mars would be a nice twist, providing Sheba's the mother. Then Takeru and Nowell make a full party and we'll see what happens with the others.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Misery

Quote from: Kioll on 13, February, 2012, 11:21:54 AM
Role, I remember the wait for Dark Dawn very well.  I remember how I first found out about the Golden Sun series...  And I played them again and again everytime I got ahold of them.  And I would be doing the same with Dark Dawn if I had a DS right now...  I understand that a lot of it wasn't the best, but it wasn't so horrible that it isn't fun.
Dark Dawn...
I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. It was a lot of fun to play through. If you can just ignore how stupid the plot is, the game's world is very well designed. At the same time though, I cried a little inside because of how forgettable the game was, but most of all because it completely missed the point of being a sequel to the Lost Age. It would've been good if it was a stand-alone game, but then I'd probably never bothered to get it.

In the same manner, I cried a little inside when I realized the geeky boy would serve as that party's healer instead of the cute girl. We better get Nowell in the party in the sequel. Good thing healing was completely unnecessary in DD so I could just stow away Rief in the back.

Aile~♥

Rief isn't even an INTELLIGENT geek! If he was, I might forgive him for his squeaky voice. Oh, and Nowell bothers me just as much as Rief does because quite frankly, she's a jerk.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Durza

No more of a jerk than Karis was at times, in fairness.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

Still i think what i said is very likely.
Quotewe might. one i'm sure they might put in, is that little baby in... um that one town near the Jupiter lighthouse that could use psynergy at like... a few weeks old. yeah, if your going to have a powerful Jupiter adapt go with the super kid.

Quotethe best we can hope for is Felix having a daughter that's Venus.
Quotefor mercury, i think we already met one in DD, Mia had two kids, both mercury. one was in dark dawn as a main, the other still could be.

most people don't remember the little Jupiter adapt from the lost age.
feilx is sure to have a kid involved in this.
and Mia did have two kids, only one was a main so far.

I'm just saying that these 3 I'm 99% sure they will be in the next game. they would be perfect. where the last adapt comes from, no one knows.
But I'd almost bet money on the above three making it in.
EDIT: if I actually had any money... >_>
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

@Kioll:  I never said it wasn't fun.  I said it was a huge letdown.  Hell, it's almost one of those beat-it-and-forget-it kind of games - there's nowhere near the replay value compared to the first two games.  It just doesn't compare.  I never said it was a bad game, though.

@Zman:  It's kind of hard imagining the mercury adept of the next game as not being Nowell after DD.  I'm with agreement with you here.  I will ask you to stop misspelling Adept, though.  You've been corrected on that so many times it's not even funny.  At least try, dood.

@Jamie:  You're complaining that an apprentice isn't an expert magician here.  Of course he's not.  The fact that he was still learning I thought was a good thing for Rief - I just wish that he didn't just fade into the background after you reached the next town.

Durza

I thought Jamie was complaining that Rief didn't have the decency to know stuff after listening to Kraden talking for however long they were travelling together. How smart do you really need to be to see a broken circuit and fire... fire... into the flame shaped carving?

Rolina

I think the problem was they had two 'smart people' dueling for that position.  Karis is the smart chick, and tends to do most of the stuff.  Rief is supposed to be the apprentice to Kraden, but never actually gets the chance to show it off.  This is the fault of the game devs, not the characters themselves.  Too many characters, not enough characterization.  To make matters worse, few characters do more than just "fade into the background" soon after you get them.  The only reason Amiti didn't was because he was so god damned annoying.

Durza

The only time I really got the annoying vibe from Amiti was at the end where he decided to just say my name instead of giving me support or help. And then I remembered all those other times where basically the same thing happened, but I was too caught up in mashing A to notice. Still, at least he didn't force me to do any tutorials.

Aile~♥

My problem is: Rief has been hanging around a famed alchemist for the past several years. And he still comes up with c*** like "That sounds like something from a fairy tale!" in regards to Verity and *CENSORED*.

And the reason I liked Karis so much is because she pulls some VERY fancy-looking trigonometry in a matter of seconds when hunting for the Umbra Gear. Unfortunately, I don't know my trig very well yet, and I was too lazy to follow. Otherwise, we'd know if Karis was just BSing her way through, or if she was doing it properly.

Heck, by the end of the game even MATTHEW faded into the background! And he's the main character! A mostly silent protagonist, sure, but he does display emotion during the early stages.

Actually, if you don't just tap A rapidly at the very end of the game, you'll notice that some characters give some cool lines, such as Himi and Eoleo's "This is going to hurt..." "Everyone involved." And of course Matthew's swearing is pretty much unforgettable.

Durza

The 'This is going to hurt' line crops up with the Mountain Roc as well, doesn't it? I read all the dialogue on my first playthrough, but on the second it was just what came after the emoticon options and then it just got annoying. Holding B should have stayed an option. Isn't it cartography by the way? Trigonometry is mathematics.

Rolina

@Durza:  Mention Pirates and Trees around Amiti.  I dare you.  Watch him instantly become the most annoying prick in all of Weyard.

@Jamie:  These are all issues in characterization, something DD suffered from horribly.  You make a point with Matt too - this is why we shouldn't have silent protagonists.

Kide

Quote from: MiseryWe better get Nowell in the party in the sequel.
Pretty much this. Although, she and Takeru are the only ones I'll say are definetily going to be in GS4. Concerning other PCs, absolutely no idea. Don't know about Felix' kid(s), some Proxian guy, some recurring non-PC from previous games. It could be anything, really. I'm just not trying to get my expectations too high.

Quote from: DurzaIsn't it cartography by the way? Trigonometry is mathematics.
I think I should be able to answer you that...  if I actually were able to have any recollection of that event. Ugh. ._.

Aile~♥

Yeah, I used the wrong word there. I meant triangulation. /fail

zman9000

You know, I don't really feel that Isaac and Felix were silent protagonist's. sure you really never heard/read thing's they've said, but apart from the yes and no, In GS1 Garet asks Isaac if he knows what that floating eye is. if you say yes Garet reply's "I know its a rock stupid!", as if Isaac said "Yes, its a rock".
And at the end of GS1 when they are all talking to Isaac, there is some conversation going on there.

As for Felix he was a bit more quiet, and after what he pulled on top of the Venus lighthouse I found it odd.

Now in dark dawn they straight out said Matthew was shy and didn't talk a lot. he was made a silent protagonist from the start, and if he's in the next game, he might still be some what silent.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Durza

Quote from: Role on 13, February, 2012, 07:41:42 PM
@Durza:  Mention Pirates and Trees around Amiti.  I dare you.  Watch him instantly become the most annoying prick in all of Weyard.
Ah, yes. I forgot about that. The tree thing I forgave him for, considering they were giant talking trees and all, but yeah. The pirates... Then again, at least there was a tiny bit of drama in the party there, no matter how annoying it was. Pity that they never said anything more about it. On the other hand, it was a bit strange that Tyrell of all people called him out on basically saying 'I don't want to help the people that terrorise and pillage us' after getting regularly insulted by Karis.

RagnarokEmissary

This is mine.

1. Felix & Sheba's Jupiter Adept son.
(IDK if they got together, but no one's heard anything about them since about when GS2 ended, so who knows)

2. His Venus Adept sister.

3. Garet's little brother. (He'd be kinda fun to play as. But, what was his name again, anyway?)

4. Nowell.

If it's an 8 man party, this is what I think the 2nd party would be.

5. Takeru. (You can roast his sister on a spit for all I care. She's just...... Blah. Besides, the name Takeru just sounds awesome to me.)

6. A Fire Adept Martial Artist.

7. A Jupiter Adept that uses Crossbows as his main weapon.

8. I don't really know who this slot'd go to, but probably a Viking or someone like that.

Aile~♥

Garet's little brother was named Aaron, as I recall. And yeah, he might be kinda fun to play as. He was a really fun character, too. Or maybe some people were just annoyed by him, IDK. Kay was certainly annoying though.

And I expect that Matthew, Karis, and Tyrell will be in your second party, though.

Salanewt

It would make sense for them to join you too, if looking at the cliffhanger ending and everything. If we do have those three, then I would expect one of Mia's kids to return as well. If they choose Norne, then Frost might make a comeback too.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kide

I wouldn't want either Aaron or Kay to be playable, but it'd be nice if they showed up. I would prefer PCs from completely unknow lands, so no Felix's son/daughter/both, no Matthew, no Karis and no Tyrell. That way we'd possibly have new abilities, classes and stuff. But I really don't expect it to happen.

QuoteBesides, the name Takeru just sounds awesome to me.
When I first saw it, "Takeru" reminded me of a thieving bird for some reason. Maybe if I knew more japanese names that wouldn't have happened...