News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

GS4 Possible Characters

Started by Durza, 29, August, 2011, 01:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

One more problem of mine: what happened to Sentinel? He was definitely harder than that demon I think.

Anyway, in regards to the first Mars adept: couldn't it be a child of Felix? Have the fire skip a generation from his mother to his son/daughter. Though then they'd probably end up a Jenna clone.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

What, the Ancient Devil, or the bunch of boring ogres?  The AD was awesome, so I'm gonna disagree with you there, but I'd have loved Sentinel over those stupid ogre guys.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 10, February, 2012, 02:16:44 PM
What, the Ancient Devil, or the bunch of boring ogres?  The AD was awesome, so I'm gonna disagree with you there, but I'd have loved Sentinel over those stupid ogre guys.
Yes, AD was awesome, that he was.

They should've kept Varukar, Valgar, Velcro or what ever his name was, aswell. That they should.

Kide

I don't know which of the two was worse, in the sense of being easy: Valukar or Team Ogre.

And I never really fought the other 'superbosses', because I quit playing after not being able to get the forging equips I wanted. I mean, if you people didn't like the forging method in TLA, I wonder what you people think about DD's. Because having to climb up and down that place... made me miss those times I used to breed for IVs. And it seemed like the odds of forging those zol boots was... 1 in 256, maybe?

Durza

Zol boots? I was half convinced they'd removed Excalibur it took me so many tries to get it.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

Valukar wasn't supposed to be easy - he was specifically designed to rip the living daylights out of summon rushers.  You try and summon rush the guy, and suddenly you're summon rushed.

Sure, his setup was a bit flawed and exploitable, but the premise was pretty nice.  Most of the bonus bosses were supposed to attack specific strategies.  Valukar killed summon rushers, and was supposed to be able to take down those who did djinn x4 → Summon... but was exploitable so it didn't quite work out right.  Sentinel took down people who relied heavily on attack psynergy.  Just one problem - psynergy is weak, so nobody used it anyways.  Star Magician was designed to take down those who used unleash setups - it was the most popular setup, so he hurt like hell against most people (I always used an attack psynergy strategy against him instead - I wrecked his @#$%! >:D).

Dully was designed to attack those who weren't able to recognize patterns.  He ruined EVERYONE... because the game didn't have much of any need for pattern recognition until then.

Zol boots were easy to get, you just probably had bad luck.

Aile~♥

I got excalibur repeatedly when trying to get the Herculean Axe. Yes, I know the Herculean Axe has inferior unleashes. Screw that. It has a higher attack and Olympus Rage is kickass.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Also, what else are you gonna give Eoleo, amirite?

Aile~♥

Thanks to the fact that he can't wield bows for some odd reason and the fact that there are no good endgame bows anyway, that's pretty much it.

Oh yeah, and Tyrell's jump attack animation looks stupid. Matthew's and Eoleo's are cool, though. Also, why do they not have a jump-shot animation for bows? They need one for Karis's Thunder Mine.

Rolina

...That's because the people who use bows are Mages, and mages don't traditionally use EPAs, since those are fighter techniques.  Again, more evidence that the overlap is probably a "good bad bug" or something like that.

Aile~♥

Amiti has a fighter base class, and he uses bows. So there.

Rolina

No he doesn't.  He has Piers' class, but is very clearly a mage due to his build and alt-classes.  The most he can get is 140% attack power.  Eoleo laughs at his puny multipliers.

Aile~♥

Just like everyone laughed at Piers, you mean? Also, I'm pretty sure his base stats are those of a fighter, rather than a mage.

Rolina

That's because he's got a clone of Piers' class, Jamie.  Also, his best stats are obtained by mage classes - the top symbiotic mage class has 140 attack, just like his base.  He's not a fighter.  Jenna was more of a fighter than him.

Aile~♥

I said base stats, not the multipliers of his base class, Role.

Rolina

Do you actually have stat targets for the guy yet?  I'm fairly certain they're gonna be more mage like, fitting of his build rather than his base class.

Aile~♥

One thing I noticed was that his PP was generally inferior to that of other mages, as was his Agility.

Rolina

Unless you have hard data, the claim of "The RNG goddess hates your guts" can easily sum up why it's like that in your game.

Kioll

Apparently I missed a lot of conversation, but I'll probably bow out of this topic after this...
Role, I remember the wait for Dark Dawn very well.  I remember how I first found out about the Golden Sun series...  And I played them again and again everytime I got ahold of them.  And I would be doing the same with Dark Dawn if I had a DS right now...  I understand that a lot of it wasn't the best, but it wasn't so horrible that it isn't fun.

As for the topic at hand, whoever they decide to put in the next game, I hope we get more new weapon types.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

zman9000

we might. one i'm sure they might put in, is that little baby in... um that one town near the Jupiter lighthouse that could use psynergy at like... a few weeks old. yeah, if your going to have a powerful Jupiter adapt go with the super kid.

the best we can hope for is Felix having a daughter that's Venus.

for mercury, i think we already met one in DD, Mia had two kids, both mercury. one was in dark dawn as a main, the other still could be.

as for characters...
I think the plot line will be at the same time as DD or it will start just after DD started, you will collect 4 or 5 members and then you will meet up with the first party, most likely just after DD ended. so you can expect Matthew, Karis, and Tirel... (spelling?) being in the second party. Amati could be their 4th but... meh.

now as for mars... thinking back I'm not to sure, could be some one new from two parents unrelated to the first games. but I'm betting on Feilx having two kids, one Venus, one Mars.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx