News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Sprite Rips and Palette Restrictions?

Started by Rolina, 31, August, 2011, 06:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Anyone know if someone's done a whole sprite rip from the game rip?  For example, the GS1/2-esque sprites that show up when you go to swap a character in battle, and possibly any dummied out icons for items and spells?

Also, anyone know what the palette restrictions for the sprites and icons are?  I might try my hand at making some DD-style icons to kill some time...

Aile~♥

Um... what sprites when you switch characters in-battle. It uses their 3-D models, IIRC.

They do have sprites for Djinn, however.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Misery

I was confused by that too, so I fired up the game and checked. They actually do have some little sprites in the screen where you change characters, I think they're even more low-res than the GBA sprites. Heh, funny how I never noticed them when playing the game...

Anyway Role, as long as you keep in line with DS restrictions you should be fine, and I don't think the DS is very restrictive. And I suppose you're not even expecting your icons to turn up on an actual DS, so you can just do whatever you like!

Rolina

Still, I like to make sure I'm following the rules set aside for me in the game's code.  For example, in the GSR's 'sprites' for the spells, it has the spell cost listed on them.  Is that actually part of the sprite, or is that something caused by the code - a number simply superimposed on top of it?

I know there's not nearly as much to rip in this game since it uses 3D models instead of sprites, but what sprites it does have I'd like to see. Heck, maybe we could have 8 new character emotes as a result or something.