News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

the useless things of dark dawn

Started by ThanatosTheDark, 04, September, 2011, 08:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight of Purgatory

Yeah she said her dad found it as a double-edged sword so he probably didn't want Karis to learn it
@Salanewt: However everyone saw what happened to Nyunpa, he could read minds without effort, and so could Sweta's dad... Both paid the price. Mind-Read is actually quite dangerous because it takes quite some skill to not succumb to such an ability. Nyunpa said that he was subdued by her( Ice queen's) will, and Sweta was terribly affected by the emotions when her spirit-sense auto-activated. So being around people with forceful wills and powerflu emotions could rend mind readers mad
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Durza

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 16, September, 2011, 11:46:50 AM
Actually, based on what we've seen of Jupiter healing, that would make Mars the second most powerful healing element (assuming its single-target is proportionately powerful to its multi-target), Jupiter third place, and Venus dead last.

And I've a theory about the Third Eye: It and the other two Eyes (First Eye, probably Mars, and Second Eye, otherwise known as the Insight Glass) were gifts from Jupiter Clan to the other three Clans, in exchange for some service. They each provide whichever one of Jupiter's sight-related powers matches best with the other element: Venus can see the unseen, Mercury can see solutions (a variation of the power of prophecy), and I'm not sure what Mars would do. This also meshes with Karis' absurd theory that their ancestors put the Insight Glass in the temple KNOWING that it would be found by Ayuthay. If her theory is correct, those who put the Insight Glass there had the power of prophecy, meaning they were Jupiter Adepts, or that they had friends who were Jupiter Adepts.

@Frog: Yes, that's what I'd say as well, but the use of the word "inherit" implies that she actually CANNOT learn it. Which is impossible in-canon, as the first GS already states that Mind Read is available to all Jupiter Adepts, as is Reveal and the power of prophecy.

That could work, but I read it as being the person's literal third eye, already having two. I still think it's related to the Cloud Brand though.

And while Reveal was taught to both the Jupiter adepts in TBS and TLA, Hama said it could be learned by adepts on their own, which would imply that Blaze, Sand and Parch could as well. Otherwise, Air's Rock was a bit of a waste, especially since they apparently turn into volcanoes once used.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 16, September, 2011, 12:28:11 PM
@Frog: Yes, that's what I'd say as well, but the use of the word "inherit" implies that she actually CANNOT learn it. Which is impossible in-canon, as the first GS already states that Mind Read is available to all Jupiter Adepts, as is Reveal and the power of prophecy.
So, if all wind users can read minds, see the unseen and predict the future, why can't Karis?

Actually, it was already implied that not all were.  In fact, even before DD, I said that as an adept, even though I'm a Jovian, I do not have innate Mind Read.  I do have an innate reveal, but not mind read.  This is something perfectly fine - but giving those powers to another element, when they're specifically said to be signatures of Jupiter.

It makes sense for not every adept of an element to share traits of that element - by the same logic you guys used, every single Venusian is a Squire, no questions asked.  Clearly, that's not the case.

Aile~♥

Correction: That's something YOU said, not something in-canon. Also, they specifically state that Mind Read is AVAILABLE to all Jupiter Adepts. They don't specifically HAVE to learn it, but it's an option. I suppose some people could have it naturally (like Ivan seems to have known it automatically), but there's never a Jupiter Adept that CAN'T learn it.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

An option, but not something natural.  Not something innate.  That's what I just said.  It falls under the realm of Jupiter - so any can learn it.  However, it makes more sense if not everyone knows it innately.  For some, it could be what they learn at Air's Rock.  Maybe others are taught.

Durza

But doesn't Air's Rock say it teaches the power to Reveal the unseen or something like that? I suppose it could change depending on the adept. It always seemed like Jupiter adepts learned Mind Read naturally, like Venus adepts learned Move. Then again, Himi didn't inherit Move, despite both Susa and Kushinada being able to use the technique.

Do children of adepts develop psynergy regardless of whether they are exposed to psynergy stones in their youth?
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Aile~♥

Air's Rock only teaches reveal, as stated by Maha in Garoh.

Yes, children of Adepts will always have Psynergy.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

They always have psynergy, but that psynergy manifests itself in different ways between adepts.  For example: Jenna and Garet.  Both are Mars adepts, but the psynergy that's natural to them (base class psynergy) is quite different.

Durza

But would either of them have been as powerful living in, say, Kalay, without having ever been exposed to a psynergy stone as Ivan likely was? Would Maha have been more powerful if he'd been closer to Air's Rock as Sheba thought, or did he inherit a power cap from his parents?

Rolina

Please explain what you meant a bit better, I don't quite understand the question.  After all, Ivan was born with the blood of the anemos in his veins, and in a town not only near the anemos sanctum, but not far from the Jupiter Lighthouse as well...

Awec

I don't remember any large psynergy stones in Lemuria, yet they seem to have one of the largest populations of adepts in the GS world.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Durza

Lemuria had Alchemy still unbound, according to Kraden, so they didn't need the stones to give them access to the power of Alchemy, and therefore psynergy.

@Role, I basically meant, would Ivan have been less powerful if he'd been born far away from the lighthouse, or would he be the same strength due to his lineage.

Rolina

That... hasn't been explained well enough, unfortunately.  I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Durza

Oh well. Here's something else useless: any mention of Mercury in the Konpa ruins. There's no water based room in there, despite the claim that it honours all four elements.

Rolina

Easy answer is easy:  It's in the path Rief and Nowell took.

Durza

I.e: a puddle which could have formed accidentally.

ThanatosTheDark

If I could find an AR code to jump up there, I could find out what treasure is up there (yest, there is a visible treasure chest near the edge) and where it leads.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Salanewt

Actually, there is a Mercury section in there... Sort of. The room seems to be blocked with too much rubble to be able to enter though.

As for the chest, it could be a decoration like the puddle. Good luck looking into it though.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Durza

I'm pretty sure you can get that chest by using Grip on a few pillars to the left of where you get the Jupiter djinni. There's a psy crystal in it I think.

Kuroshiiutsu

One more weird thing about dark dawn is that the Luna tower, Apollo lens, alchemy forge and well are all said to be machines built during the "ancient time". How could that get unnoticed in the previous golden sun games or did they just suddenly pop out within the thirdthy years.