News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

the useless things of dark dawn

Started by ThanatosTheDark, 04, September, 2011, 08:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frog

Umm yeah, that's exactly what happened.
The golden sun event shook and cracked the world open, shifting continents and revealing long lost buried structures.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Rolina

Aye, that's specifically said in DD, Kuroshi.  That's not a point of contention, that's actually something that kinda works for it.  Another counter would be that many of these places, such as Ayuthay, did exist, but weren't important to the story in the GBA games, and thus weren't in it.  I mean, hell - look at how much empty space was in TLA.  Do you really think there's only a couple settlements across an entire continent?

Likely, only the ones important to the main quest and sidequests were in the game.

Awec

That's what bothers me about Golden Sun though - TLA and TBS felt so well 'fleshed-out' that, now they're having to introduce more stuff, they both feel far more empty. I don't know about you, but it feels really disappointing to find out that, even though you can explore the entire world, you can't truly see everything because "it's not related to the plot".
I've probably said this before but if so I would like to repeat; it feels as though the first 2 games were rushed out without any real thought of what came after.

In short, DD makes all 3 games feel shoddily made.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

Umm, those two felt empty from the start, especially TLA.  One of the larger complaints about TLA was how empty the world was.

Kuroshiiutsu

Another thing is that weird is that, it is impossible for a race of beast men to develope in Morgal in such a short time when the only town of beast men was Garoh  and its it's quite disappointing that we can't visit the old towns like Bilbin, Vault, Imil or Kalay. By the way, where on earth is Kalay!! Did it like got seep rated from Angara. And who is Garet's wife? :?:

Durza

The werewolves of Garoh aren't beastmen, though. They're actual werewolves, while the beastmen are constantly in animal form, with an even more animalistic form. Assumedly, the beastmen would've lived in Morgal forest or something.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Salanewt

Something odd tells me that Garet and his spouse broke up, and he gets custody because she doesn't want him? Either that, or he doesn't find women appealing enough; we may never know.

And yeah. Personally, I kind of hate the new furry empire Beastmen, as the way that they were introduced was kind of lazy; people grew fur. If they were a tribe of people seeking refuge in a forest, then that could have been cool enough, but...
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kuroshiiutsu

There is also a flaw in the story. Once you defeat the Tuaparang soldiers, you could actually still go back to Isaac's place. They could have simply went there and get help from Isaac or Garet. (Although that would be like totally ignoring the fact that Rief's life was at stake) :sad:

Rolina

Aye, notice the name Morgall.  Remove an R.  Mogall.  There you go!  You know their origins!

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteSomething odd tells me that Garet and his spouse broke up, and he gets custody because she doesn't want him? Either that, or he doesn't find women appealing enough; we may never know.
If Tyrell's and Karis' mums aren't in the fourth game, they're most likely dead. Same with Nowell's and Rief's dad. Cause we ALL know who their other parent is, but not what they look like now.

Rolina

...Um, no?  By that logic, only Isaac, Garet, and Kraden are alive, because they're the only ones who actually appear in the game.

Just because they're not seen doesn't mean they don't exist.

Durza

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 08, November, 2011, 07:13:31 AM
QuoteSomething odd tells me that Garet and his spouse broke up, and he gets custody because she doesn't want him? Either that, or he doesn't find women appealing enough; we may never know.
If Tyrell's and Karis' mums aren't in the fourth game, they're most likely dead. Same with Nowell's and Rief's dad. Cause we ALL know who their other parent is, but not what they look like now.
Who would that be? Felix needs a clone for the next game so it can't be him. If it's Piers, then it makes him less of a dirty old man I guess. Karis' mother is probably someone from Contigo or Kalay.  There's no rule saying that the new characters have to have two previously playable parents.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Durza on 08, November, 2011, 11:22:12 AM
Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 08, November, 2011, 07:13:31 AM
Who would that be? Felix needs a clone for the next game so it can't be him. If it's Piers, then it makes him less of a dirty old man I guess. Karis' mother is probably someone from Contigo or Kalay.  There's no rule saying that the new characters have to have two previously playable parents.
What I meant when I said that is, I was talking about how we don't know Karis', Terry's and Riefs other parent. Like who Karis'and Tyrell's mum is, and Riefs dad. When I said "Cause we ALL know who their other parent is, but not what they look like now" I was talking about the PCs from the previous games, the Warriors of Vale.

Rolina

That's just it - we don't yet know who they are.  That doesn't mean you should write them off for dead, though.  To be honest, that wouldn't make too much sense for GS, at least not to me.