Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 13, 2018, 04:31:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another random pet project  (Read 2247 times)
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« on: September 11, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »

...This time with all-new bosses (except Moapa, but he's been revamped too), renamed party members, some new enemies, many new skills, ninjas, pirates, thieves, card duelists, smugglers who shoot first (they actually get a skill called First Shot, which does massive damage if the user takes his action before the target), summoners, and time mages. (Yes, Time Mage is as awesome a support class as it sounds.)

Summon system has been redone. Level 2 summons are breath attacks. Level 3 are support-based. Level 4 are summon spirits: Gnome, Efreet, Sylph and Undine.

All party members have access to multiple classes, but I kinda expect you to use the editor to toggle which one you want to use. You're supposed to choose a class and stick with it for the whole game.

...It also contains Creepers. Yes, they're dangerous. No, they won't destroy your stuff, fortunately.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 08:22:18 PM »

Sounds great. Is it an entire overhaul of the game, or is it an original hack altogether? Either way, I look forward to seeing where this goes in the future.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »

Mostly just scripted fights, classes, abilities, and items. I MIGHT eventually decide to get serious about this hack and start overhauling the dialogue, but at this point I'm mostly just screwing around. Attempting to keep some semblance of balance merely by making everything equally overpowered. Maybe I'll be able to get some videos up of some of the bosses. I'm not really sure. Mostly depends on if I can compress them well enough to get them below 500 MB. Or I'll have to do them in parts.

Also depends on me not screwing around and actually going through the game. And I still need to make new bosses in place of the Flame Dragons and Doom Dragon.

View Profile
Tetsuya the Azure Blade
The Shadow Fang
Luna Clan

Kick your @#$, that's what I'm gonna do.

Great Member

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:05:20 PM »

Hm, I like it. You've got some pretty sweet ideas in there. ^-^x
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 11:19:42 PM »

Other tidbits:

The Thief class's trademark moves are Void Thief (which is largely just a renamed True Collide with a PP cost) and Backstab. Backstab is a rather interesting move. It's an effect-only move with a high chance of inflicting stun. But that's not the point. The point is that it's an effect-only move with a power of 900. If its stun triggers, the enemy takes exactly 900 damage. Basically, against weak enemies it's an increased chance of instant death. Against tougher enemies, it's a crippling move that leaves the enemy helpless, to be finished off at your leisure.

The Smuggler class shares the Thief class's Backstab, but also has a trademark move of its own: First Shot. This move inflicts 300 damage if the target has a battle action remaining, and also cancels that action.

The Time Mage class naturally gets Comet. It does exactly what you'd think: it hurts like h***.

The Fencer gets Sabre Dance, which isn't anything to write home about. The Duelist gets Death Card as its signature move, which just might be something to write home about: Large amounts of damage with a chance of instant death to all enemies. Still nothing too special. Might be more special than Comet, though, since that's nothing more than large amounts of damage.

The Guard class gets War Shield, which grants all allies 95% damage reduction for the rest of the turn. Key word being "rest of", since the Guard is a somewhat slow class, and War Shield doesn't get increased priority.

Still haven't designed the Ninja, Assassin, Summoner, or Channeler classes yet, so we'll see.

Also, every playable character has at least a slightly punny name.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 11:28:35 PM »

The Time Mage has me intrigued. Would it end up getting a move similar to Kite the djinni's ability?

Overall, this looks like a nice list so far. Anything more to share, or are you going to keep it a secret for now?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »

Actually, the Time Mage does get a move similar to Kite's effect. It's called Haste. (Oh, how incredibly original.) The Time Mage also gets Stop, which works like Agatio's Cage, but without the random 8 base damage (which I still think was supposed to be PP cost).

I plan to have a patch out for testing purposes as soon as I've gotten the Ninja and Summoner classes done, and have replaced the Flame Dragons and Doom Dragon.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 12:52:38 AM »

Sounds great. Oh, and are you open to any suggestions for things like spells or items?

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 01:11:48 AM »

I'll consider them, but you might notice when this gets out that a lot of things have already been done.

Spell that inflicts delusion with a chance of dealing damage, instead of the other way around? Check! (Well, actually, it doesn't ALWAYS inflict delusion, but it has a high enough effect chance to hit Agatio and Karst!)

Skill that costs HP to heal an ally? Check!

Skill that steals HP from allies to heal the user? Check!

Spell that gives an ally some of your MP? Check!

Skill that steals MP from allies to restore the user's MP? Check! (Unfortunately, the Borrow HP/Borrow MP skills don't work too well right now, because I can't set the effect rate to 100%.)

And, of course, the classic Enemy-Only-Spell-That-Gives-A-Status-Ailment-That-Cannot-Be-Cured™.

Edit: Summoner, Channeler, Assassin, and Cleric classes are done! Magician and Furie have received one new skill each, and Furie now has breath attacks of all four elements.

Flame Dragon bossfight has been replaced.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:00:56 AM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
December 09, 2018, 07:43:31 PM
Fox: A banana for you, a banana for me, let's all open a banana and enjoy!
December 08, 2018, 09:48:52 PM
Drake baku: ba... ba.... bana.... bana.... banana.... nanananananananana..... and now back to doing normal, kinda
December 07, 2018, 05:43:02 PM
Luna_blade: Hey I forgot the christmas theme
November 29, 2018, 09:01:09 AM
zman9000: ded
November 19, 2018, 11:05:28 AM
Drake baku: Good day to ya all
October 30, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
Atrius: There used to be where I got the battle sprites for Kraden, but that site doesn't exist any more.
October 26, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
Infitek: Do you know if there any custom Alex battle sprites available on the internet ?
October 26, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Infitek: Hey everyone
October 13, 2018, 03:23:06 AM
Salanewt: Updated it to provide more info that I forgot to mention.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:48 AM
Salanewt: I'm still trying to iron out IQ 2 but I'm pretty sure it's entirely random targeting.
October 13, 2018, 03:16:29 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, I posted some more info about enemy IQ.
October 12, 2018, 09:51:27 PM
FoxThe HTML5 project is too small to count
October 12, 2018, 06:19:48 AM
Luna_blade: there is jjppof's html5 project...
October 12, 2018, 06:19:17 AM
Luna_blade: Though Momo rings a bell it seems I came here after you left
October 11, 2018, 12:49:41 AM
Fox: (If that makes sense.)
October 11, 2018, 12:48:33 AM
Fox: Yeah, I guess so.  More just saying that's a good place to get answers to GS related questions at the moment.
October 11, 2018, 12:42:28 AM
Crystal Sonata: I did before, but I guess I could try it again
October 11, 2018, 12:41:32 AM
Fox: Not much at the moment. This forum seems pretty quiet. Perhaps you'd be interested in joining the Discord for GSHC that seems to have more activity?
October 10, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
Crystal Sonata: Any projects going on? I need a distraction from the daily grind and I'm interested in hacking GS again.
October 10, 2018, 10:02:53 PM
Fox: Thanks, and good to see you too!

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise