News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Weapons

Started by zach, 30, May, 2009, 12:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

(Something you guys might know)

After fiddling with weapons, I found that there is a way to remove weapons from your inventory in battle. If you have a weapon set to use something, set it to single use, then use it in battle (and by use, I mean use it in battle like an item). The turn afterwards, it will be gone from your inventory and you will no longer have a weapon to use and will have to use your bare hands

weckar

Does 'bare hands' fighting actually work or does it freeze and glitch? What kind of damage (if any) does it do? I wish I had a ROM here to try that now :(

Rolina

Of course it doesn't freeze it.  Otherwise the 'nekkid adept' challenge couldn't be done.

weckar

"Nekkid Adept"? never heard of that... sounds weird... does makes sense though, since not having a weapon is a definite possibility in the game, I guess I wasn't thinking :P

Rolina

"Nekkid Adept" challenge.  In this challenge, you NEVER USE EQUIPMENT.  EVER.

twocows

Quote from: Role on 30, May, 2009, 10:50:00 AM"Nekkid Adept" challenge.  In this challenge, you NEVER USE EQUIPMENT.  EVER.
I'm attempting that + no protective magic next playthrough.

You should probably force the player to unequip whatever before removing it from the inventory, I'd think.

weckar

I assume that doesn't include the trident then?

Rolina

Quote from: weckar on 30, May, 2009, 05:04:00 PMI assume that doesn't include the trident then?
Can you equip the trident?  Yes?  Then DON'T DO IT.  And SELL IT as soon as you're done with it.

...You CAN sell it, right?

Aile~♥

You have to equip the Trident in order to use it. And you cannot sell the Trident, though you can unequip it. It is permanently in your inventory for the rest of the game.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Huh, I see... Well, in that case, equip it only for that one fight you use it by the person who'd benefit from it the least.

Aile~♥

So only use it once to start the fight and never again, and equip it on Piers, who really doesn't need the extra water resist it gives. Or hack the game so that it's one use only, and then vanishes from your inventory. Problem is, you still need to put it on the fastest member, or else you're screwed. And Piers doesn't really fit that description.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

You're not screwed.  Where did you get that idea?  Just have the others defend, or have piers' class changed to a faster class.

Salanewt

If you really want to get rid of the trident, then you could use gameshark codes to replace it with a herb, or a trident prong, so the actual trident remains unavailable again. Actually, maybe a Lighthouse Star would be more appropiate.

:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

It makes sense, but there are some people (not myself) who would be tempted to use it. Also, what about the Shaman's staff? Isn't that equipped to Sheba, or am I mistaken?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Just.  Don't.  Use.  It.

If you're tempted, you suddenly need to realize that you're going through a challenge file.  You have to live up to the challenge after all.

Salanewt

Well, I guess that is logical. Maybe the trident be changed so it lowers all of your stats to 0, just as a conseqence for equipping it.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 10, June, 2009, 07:43:00 AMWell, I guess that is logical. Maybe the trident be changed so it lowers all of your stats to 0, just as a conseqence for equipping it.

Have a nice day.
Here's an idea; make it into an un-important item and set it to single use. That way you could use it up in battle. However, if you want some money, keep it at multiple use and sell it.

Rolina

There's no need.  Just don't use it.  Ever.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, sorry for not responding sooner, but I like that idea. The ability to make money for it... I am sure that if it were real life, then no matter the items, then shopkeepers would like to rip you off for a rare item. Who knows, if it were real life, then magical items like that would be expensive...

How does about 90 000 sound for its price? I mean, it is a legendary item that only one person in the whole world knew how to repair... I think it would be worth a pretty penny knowing that.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 02, July, 2009, 08:37:00 PMOh yeah, sorry for not responding sooner, but I like that idea. The ability to make money for it... I am sure that if it were real life, then no matter the items, then shopkeepers would like to rip you off for a rare item. Who knows, if it were real life, then magical items like that would be expensive...

How does about 90 000 sound for its price? I mean, it is a legendary item that only one person in the whole world knew how to repair... I think it would be worth a pretty penny knowing that.

Have a nice day.
Eh, it's your decision. I, personally wouldn't set it that high since that would make it easy to get money, thus lowering difficulty. If you want to, then you can