News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun DD……Beta?

Started by Mars, 26, November, 2011, 09:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mars

I see this from a poster,I found it via Google.This is a poster of Europe's Golden Sun DD.

I have two questions here.

Do we have a Patcher's Place like that?

Um,my NDSi doesn't display like that......I had the djinns on my NDSi's top screen......not the bottom......

Rolina

Not sure if that's real, but if it is... Why did they change it?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 26, November, 2011, 12:03:16 PM
Because they wanted to. Duh.

Misery

Player's screen on the bottom is clearly superior, so I'm glad they changed that.
As for Patcher's Place, there's probably some design related reason.

Tan

Quote from: Role on 26, November, 2011, 12:03:16 PM
The Patcher's part was probably due to the way it was designed in general. It looks off kilter due to the area on the overworld being larger than the platform the area's on.

As for the screens part, that was probably for touchscreen-related reasons.
"Video Games"
-Raocow

Rolina

Quote from: Misery on 26, November, 2011, 12:53:57 PM
Player's screen on the bottom is clearly superior, so I'm glad they changed that.
As for Patcher's Place, there's probably some design related reason.
I don't know, I'd prefer to have it on top, and to have good looking, grid-style menus on the bottom.  That whole "all selections in one line" thing?  Uggh...

Plus, it'd have been nice to be able to draw on the map, like in the DS zelda games.

Mars

I have upload the original poster to deviantART,but CAUTION:EXTRAORDINARY HUGE

10.48MB,the size is 4209×5960.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

You can download it here:http://www.deviantart.com/download/271129136/golden_sun_dd_europe_poster_huge_by_mars1992-d4hf8kw.jpg

Salanewt

QuoteI don't know, I'd prefer to have it on top, and to have good looking, grid-style menus on the bottom.  That whole "all selections in one line" thing?  Uggh...

Personally, I wouldn't have minded both. Have movement on the bottom screen, and then push the normal view onto the top screen and open up better menus when the button is pressed.

Actually though, would one consider demo video stuff to be beta, or is that something else? If anything, is there any beta or alpha stuff in there?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Ninja Steve

>sees mention of Patcher's Place
>reminded of incident at Temple where someone got butthurt over the fact that existence of said Place was a spoiler

anyway yeah gotta say I like it better with the player's stuff on the bottom screen
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Durza

The European version has the player on the bottom screen unless I somehow got the American. It looks about right, but I don't have it in front of me, so I can't say for sure.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Mars

Quote from: Durza on 29, November, 2011, 09:50:29 AM
The European version has the player on the bottom screen unless I somehow got the American. It looks about right, but I don't have it in front of me, so I can't say for sure.
I have the European version,it appears just like the American version on my NDSi,status on the top screen when the world and Matthew on the bottom screen.

Rolina

My problem with both on the bottom screen sala is that it defeats the whole point of having it on the DS.  You might as well use the GBA or PSP for that.  Right now, the top screen hardly does anything at all, in fact if it wasn't there the game wouldn't be any different than it is.  If you have two screens, you might as well use them properly, you know?

I guess a good mid-point would be to shift the bottom screen to the top screen when accessing the menu, then back down when you resume play or something, but even then, I feel like the top screen is being wasted.

Salanewt

I guess a good mid-point would be to shift the bottom screen to the top screen when accessing the menu

This is what I said? Either way, something tells me that they did it this way simply because they felt obligated to make players use the touch screens more often.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Or they could have used a button, like Start or Select, to switch the two screens at will, and put the menu on the top screen. Or allow control of the top screen with +pad and buttons while the bottom screen is controlled by touch.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

I still think that a touch screen menu would be better than touch screen controls... Am I the only one who prefers the old fashioned button commands?  I mean, I never used the stylus in Dark Dawn...

Aile~♥

I LOVED the stylus! It let me move in more than 8 directions! Also because it's annoying how your character automatically starts running after a second.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Mars

If we can switch the bottom screen and the top screen,that would be perfect.

Kide

Quote from: Role on 01, December, 2011, 04:35:22 PM
Am I the only one who prefers the old fashioned button commands?  I mean, I never used the stylus in Dark Dawn...

No, you are not. It was the same to me as well. I mean, gaming is mashing buttons for me. That's why I didn't enjoy the DS Zelda games much, for instance.

Rolina

Some games are designed well for stylus controls, such as WEWY.  Most games I've played, however, aren't.  I'm with you on the Zelda games - I didn't think stylus only worked there.  I wish they had the option for button controls.