News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Alex

Started by Durza, 03, October, 2011, 04:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

In the Apollo Sanctum, Alex claims that he'll handle Blados and Chalis while Matthew triggers the Lens... then the two turn up and wonder if they should have stalled for longer. Which means there's three options I can see here:
1)Alex was just baiting Matthew into trying to light the lens for some reason and the whole scene before hand was an act. Supported by the fact that Blados and Chalis aren't weakened by their battle with Alex (unless he restored them after beating them for some reason)
2)Alex lost, which seems unlikely unless Punish inflicted Instant Death on him...
3)They teleported to completely different places, since there's no way that any of them knew where the others were going and by the time Alex realised, you were already battling.

Oh, or 4) Camelot forgot the perfectly reasonable explanation they had for this happening.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

...Didn't we already discuss this?  Or am I thinking of a discussion from the Temple?

Durza

I'm not sure. If it was talked about, it was not to do with the titles anyway...
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

It sounds like something we talked about, but i'm not sure...

Quote1)Alex was just baiting Matthew into trying to light the lens for some reason and the whole scene before hand was an act. Supported by the fact that Blados and Chalis aren't weakened by their battle with Alex (unless he restored them after beating them for some reason)

well if you remember what happened at the Jupiter light house... he healed Felix and party, so they could help Isaac and he was an enemy. also sure there was more behind it, but the point is, Alex has a habit of healing people when he is suppose to fight them...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Awec

At Jupiter, Alex mainly wanted to save Mia, which was shown if you mind read him I think.

I suppose he could have wanted to keep Rief safe, but somehow I can't see that happening.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Durza

It might be more likely he'd want to protect Amiti than Rief.

Rolina

Aye, Amiti *IS* his son, after all.

Salanewt

But according to what Camelot has in store, does he know this?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Near the end, he has his suspicions.  Talk/Mind Read him.

Rolina

Jiten.  PLAY THE GAMES.  This really isn't something you can contribute to if you don't understand the context.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

She has you there, Jiten. Go play the games, and then come back.

Rolina

I think he's played the GBA games, just not DD.  However, this is a DD discussion, so he'll be expected to know the content.

Misery

The problem isn't that DD has plotholes, it's just that the plot itself pretty much sucks.

Rolina

Still, I'd like you to not comment on that which you have no experience in.  It doesn't tend to go over well.  Trust me, I once tried to talk Fire Emblem.  Made a fool of myself back then.  As such, I'd rather not see anyone else do that mistake, so...

Seriously, play the game first.  Also, get a legit copy already.  The DS lifecycle is nearly done, why don't you have one?

Aile~♥

@Role: Well, I know the basic mechanics behind Fire Emblem, and my grasp of strategy is fairly good — not amazing, but definitely good enough. Despite this, I tend to roleplay the game a bit too much, rather than playing just from a tactics standpoint. As such, if I tried to talk Fire Emblem with the pros, I'd definitely make a fool of my self as well.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Jamie, I was referring to a specific event here.  You're not helping.

Aile~♥

Heh, true. I'll stop.

Awec

Hmm... how do we know Dark Dawn's plot sucks?

Compare TBS with TLA. If you had TBS's plot on its own it would suck pretty badly; follow the bad guys and try to stop them destroying the world. Generic, rather dull and - when you think about it - not even as interested as DD's plot.

What if the plot behind DD has been carefully set up for GS4; written less with the actual game and more future games in mind. Knowing where you're going to end can work quite well, as proved by JK Rowling's Harry Potter, but what if Camelot fall just a bit short of her talent? The story as a whole might even be better than TBS+TLA's, but DD's suffered on its own as a result.

Personally, given that the first 2 were successful, I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying the same idea of really connecting the plots of 2 - or maybe more - of the games. Therefore I will reserve judgement until I see either GS4 or proof that it's not going to happen.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

Quote from: Awec on 19, November, 2011, 06:20:27 AM
Hmm... how do we know Dark Dawn's plot sucks?
...Is this a philosophical question?  Kinda like "How do you know you're not just a butterfly dreaming that you're human?"  Because I'd have assumed that the majority of the fandom hating the story would kind of qualify it of having a sucky plot.

Aile~♥

They're just hatin'. Kinda like Gen wunners in Pokémon. I mean, really. Go back and play TBS by itself with a clean slate. Ignore everything you know about the second game, and go back and play it. You might find you agree with Awec.