News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Alex

Started by Durza, 03, October, 2011, 04:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

What Awec says might be true, but there is a better way to tell; what the majority believes. What do most of the ratings say for the first game? If they have gone up, what were they when the game came out? What about Dark Dawn's ratings?

But this is kind of off topic. To continue on with this whole Alex thing, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they ended up making him related to all of the main characters because of the Golden Sun rising event thing.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

Jiten... ugg... if you think about it, golden sun is basically about Alex... He is the one and only main antagonist... not only will he live forever, he has 3/4 of the golden sun's power... they really don't have a GS 3 and 4 with out him... other wise there really wasn't much point to what you saw at the end of TLA.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Durza

Technically, Isaac only got a fragment of Mars, so Alex has maybe 15/16 of the Golden Sun.

And Jiten, you can't just eliminate a main antagonist for no reason at all.
Quote from: Awec on 19, November, 2011, 06:20:27 AM
Hmm... how do we know Dark Dawn's plot sucks?

Compare TBS with TLA. If you had TBS's plot on its own it would suck pretty badly; follow the bad guys and try to stop them destroying the world. Generic, rather dull and - when you think about it - not even as interested as DD's plot.

What if the plot behind DD has been carefully set up for GS4; written less with the actual game and more future games in mind. Knowing where you're going to end can work quite well, as proved by JK Rowling's Harry Potter, but what if Camelot fall just a bit short of her talent? The story as a whole might even be better than TBS+TLA's, but DD's suffered on its own as a result.

Personally, given that the first 2 were successful, I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying the same idea of really connecting the plots of 2 - or maybe more - of the games. Therefore I will reserve judgement until I see either GS4 or proof that it's not going to happen.
I think that DD's plot was bad (not sucked until I finish the sequel) for a few reasons.
1: TBS introduced almost the entire second party. In DD, the new Felix is going to be a completely new character, and regardless of peoples' feelings on Felix, al least he was in some way related to the plot in both games.
2: It disregarded a lot of the old canon. The city of the Anemos became the moon after they sealed Alchemy. The ancients sealed alchemy to stop their experiments. The ancients experimented with light and dark, culminating in the Luna tower, which is triggered by eclipses. Therefore, the ancients began attempting to control darkness and light after they sealed alchemy. Also, the werewolves of Garoh were replaced by weird beast things.
3: Cold and Dark is EVIL! Therefore Rief, who uses the cold, is EVIL! Hopefully they'll say Isaac was over-simplifying.
4: Saturos and Menardi were sinister. Blados and Chalis were just 'Oh, it's those guys again.'
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

Quote from: Jiten on 20, November, 2011, 06:05:34 PM
I do remember watching the ending of Golden Sun 2, all I can think of at the moment is this:  Either Camelot, will completely disregard Alex or Golden Sun and move on to something else and not return for an unknown period of time, or pickup the story again and split it amongst a game or two, depending on how they feel the game should go. The only thing they could do is: completely disregard what happened with Alex and when (or if) Golden Sun 4 Comes out, it could either end abruptly without a logical amount of explanation pertaining to him and his motives and what his plans were and whether they took effect or just dropped off completely. It depends on the companies thoughts about it, and whether they want him in the next game or not.
Jiten... please.  I beg of you.  Just.... stop.  Your posts are getting painful to read.

Aile~♥

@Role: If you don't mind me saying, I would express the opinion that Jiten's posts have been painful to read since he first joined. It's why I still think English isn't his first language.

@Durza: Whenever I saw Blados and Chalis, my thoughts went something along the lines of "F*** you, Chalis. F*** you. And while we're on the subject, Blados, take your cocky attitude and shove it."
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteAnd while we're on the subject, Blados, take your cocky attitude and shove it."
He can't even back his attitude up, he's a joke of a boss. \( ゚ヮ゚)/

Agatio & Karst, now THAT was a boss fight. Pure awesome.

Rolina

That's not it, Jamie.  He keeps commenting on things he has no experience with.  Trying to figure out what he's saying or implying when he lacks the context to say or imply it is kind of... frustrating.

For here, I have no idea what the hell he's trying to say.  At first he goes "I wonder if they'll ignore alex and the golden sun", to which I stomp my foot and scream "DARK FREAKING DAWN!", yet at the same time, he says something along the lines of that being done in GS4 or something, while having to read what I swear is damn close to legalese it's so confusing, I have to just stop and go:

"What the hell are you trying to even say?"

I think it'd be a lot better if he'd stop commenting on Dark Dawn stuff alltogether, since every time he gets into a conversation that requires knowledge of Dark Dawn, it just causes me headaches.

Durza

Jiten, it'd probably be better to think what your trying to say through thoroughly before posting it. There's no reason to stop altogether as long as you learn from past mistakes.

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 21, November, 2011, 01:07:54 PM
QuoteAnd while we're on the subject, Blados, take your cocky attitude and shove it."
He can't even back his attitude up, he's a joke of a boss. \( ゚ヮ゚)/
I found his instant deaths tended to work at the most annoying of times though.

QuoteAgatio & Karst, now THAT was a boss fight. Pure awesome.
I remember the first time I fought them. I was thinking 'They can't fight me, I've only got two party members' the whole time.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

It's hard to make a point when we can't even figure out what you're talking about, Jiten.

Durza

Can't be much more useless than a post saying you're not going to explain in fairness...

Aile~♥

@Role: My point was that Jiten speaks broken Legalese ALL the time!

@MDN: Agreed. Blados and Chalis were FAR too easy. At least give them more unleashes! I have trouble believing that Punish and Scornful Caress or whatever are their ONLY weapon unleashes. Give them Spin Strike or Foul Saw or Sunset Burst or something! I think Blados should've had Sunset Burst and/or Zenith Strike, Punish should've been slowed down slightly so you can actually see what happens, and Chalis should've been given Foul Saw and/or Crimson Cut. Maybe also give them a "Dark Hold" or something, that works like Agatio's Cage.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

I think them having an altering strategy as they get weaker would have been pretty cool as well. But nope...

:P

GS:DD was too easy in general and I think that the bosses should have been amped up quite a bit. The only ones I remember being any fair amount of difficulty were the Mountain Roc and the Chaos Chimera, but the latter didn't even use Djinn Storm on me for god knows why, so yeah. :p Also, I was fairly disappointed that Alex managed to screw off once again, not fighting us. I mean, it makes sense in the first 2 titles, but doesn't he not want the Apollo Lens to be activated? Maybe I'm missing something, but this time it felt less of a ruse and more like he's a weak coward. :p

QuoteI remember the first time I fought them. I was thinking 'They can't fight me, I've only got two party members' the whole time.
I think you mean Saturos/Menardi...

Rolina

Didn't the Chaos Chimera start using stronger and stronger attacks the lower you got its health down?  I wish we could apply that to all bosses, you know?  That's how it should be done.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 22, November, 2011, 03:35:38 PM
Didn't the Chaos Chimera start using stronger and stronger attacks the lower you got its health down?  I wish we could apply that to all bosses, you know?  That's how it should be done.
Didn't the Doom Dragon do that aswell?

Rolina

No, the Doom Dragon is actually three monsters you fight in a row, each with different movesets, at least as far as the code is concerned.

Durza

I think the Chimaera had two stages of health regen and swapped between Djinn Blast and Djinn Storm when it was below half health. It also had a signature move for above half and below. I don't think it'd be possible to code that for the GBA system though. Doom Dragon also seems like a better way of avoiding summon rushes.

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 22, November, 2011, 02:14:03 PM
QuoteI remember the first time I fought them. I was thinking 'They can't fight me, I've only got two party members' the whole time.
I think you mean Saturos/Menardi...
No, on top of Jupiter Lighthouse. I kept wondering why the other two hadn't run up the stairs yet when the bad guys started threatening to kill me.