Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 26, 2017, 11:15:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations, Overlord Kain!  (Read 2941 times)
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 0

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« on: November 04, 2011, 08:38:01 PM »

Member Overlord Kain has
been promoted to Global Moderator.
Congratulations, Overlord Kain!

Congratulations on joining our staff!
View Profile
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:45:40 PM »

*reads this post.
*reads the announcement.
*reads this post again.
*slams his head on his desk and walks away in anger/frustration

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 10:07:39 PM
Lord Squirtle: But what I was thinking of doing with the unused effects was figuring out which ones are still available and combining them; averaging out the differences between each one so they make up for the ones that are missing.
Today at 10:05:36 PM
Lord Squirtle: I may consider moving the effects to the end of the effect list, since I moved the pointer table and added some empty space on the end. My main concern with that is that it would be far less user friendly.
Today at 08:06:20 PM
Fox: Heh... Starting to make me want to add the Ability Editor to my own Editor now... So I can do that, and have chance values listed for each and every one. (So it is more specific than Atrius's editor.)
Today at 08:03:06 PM
Fox: Well, 0-255.
Today at 08:02:53 PM
Fox: The max probably being 255.
Today at 08:00:09 PM
Fox: (@Editor modification: In which case, I would recommend adding support up to the maximum number for future purposes.... if at all reasonably possible.)
Today at 07:53:50 PM
Fox: @Disabling them: It kinda would be a trade-off for those who want to use those effects that went unused.... ...  I have a suggestion, though... and it might be rather interesting. But have you thought about using one of the unused flags to like... switch out Effect lists? (So you can have your own if you don't want to modify the editor.) I imagine it is rather unnecessary, though. Since it is easy enough to extend the list with a quick editor modification.
Today at 04:46:01 PM
Lord Squirtle: And elements too from the looks of things.
Today at 04:44:05 PM
Lord Squirtle: Makes me wonder how much work it would take to add more djinn slots.
Today at 04:30:45 PM
Lord Squirtle: Well, total - 1.
Today at 04:30:13 PM
Lord Squirtle: Huh, neat. I think I found the part of the djinn battle menu code that decides how many djinn of each element exist.
Today at 02:53:07 PM
Lord Squirtle: I should probably look into disabling the multiplier chance for those now that I think about it.
Today at 02:52:17 PM
Lord Squirtle: I still am, but mainly because it doesn't look like there are any abilities that use those effects.
Today at 12:48:53 PM
Fox: Given what they effects are, though... (When they are useful)... it might not hurt too much. but wondered if making a note of it would have been a good idea.
Today at 12:37:34 PM
Fox: Are you still using effects 39-41,43 ? Asking because http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2448.msg41739#msg41739 - Those effects are used for something else, and I wonder if you accommodated for that?
Today at 04:33:09 AM
Lord Squirtle: Will check this out tomorrow because I have no idea why it isn't being consistent with me.
Today at 04:26:16 AM
Lord Squirtle: AND IT TURNS OUT I MAY NOT HAVE FIXED ANYTHING. Huh.
Today at 03:00:14 AM
Lord Squirtle: Oh, um, apparently I have to double check one of the calculations I thought I fixed because it's giving me the correct value but negative.
Today at 02:45:58 AM
Lord Squirtle: Looks like I left in a bug with the debuffs wearing off early, so after I fix that I will upload a patch; I will likely not add AI checks until I make more progress on my AI reforms though.
Today at 02:41:37 AM
Lord Squirtle: Haha, wow I really botched one of the Intellect buff calculations! Nothing too major at least, it only resulted in a text bug. 

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise