News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Camera Control?

Started by Pkmn-Master, 07, November, 2011, 02:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkmn-Master

It's been a while now, but I remember a while back, looking through the text editor and seeing camera settings.

Can anyone explain what this is/was meant to be?

Also, if there's a separate thread for this, I apologize.

zman9000

I'm bumping this topic because I remember something like that... Maby not camera control its self... camera placement???

Could it have been what the game allows you to see in each area, since each area has other areas, yet stops from scrolling to far in some places.
Other then that I can't think of anything else it could be...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Camera controls refer to in-battle camera - basically, facing the foes, or facing the party.

Atrius (He/Him)

Yes, what I got from the text was that it was intended for in battle.  Obviously the setting was removed from the final game, and no way to access/alter it has been discovered yet.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

I figure it has something to do with the animations.  When we get a tool to insert animations, I'm sure Atrius would have found out where the bit is for "Rotate camera during argument 2/3" or stuff like that.

Pkmn-Master

I was assuming it was for the in-battle camera.
Is there any way to have the camera stay static during a battle?

Rolina

During the entire battle?

Uhh...

Perhaps, but you'd have to go out of your way to do it... I really don't see the point, though.  I mean, maybe some fun camera tricks for certain bosses (Example:  Starts as a closeup of the boss, zooms out, party appears), but that's the only reason I can see changing the camera for battles.  It's a pretty good camera, you know?