News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: The Saturn Conspirator

Started by Rolina, 09, November, 2011, 08:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

I figured that since I've made the Suzuko Magica thread already, I might as well post my goals on this one.  Please note that this is not to be confused with the thread in the Creative Writing thread, which serves as an alpha script of sorts for this game.  Here, the focus will be less on story and more on game mechanics.  While some info, such as character profiles, may be shared between the two threads, the goals are distinctly different.  The CW thread will focus on characterization and story telling, while this thread will focus more on gameplay and mechanics.

As mentioned in the Suzuko Magica thread, this is the mid-level difficulty hack, being an entirely new story told, but sharing many things, such as graphics, trends, and styles of golden sun.  This game also tries to introduce new mechanics, while still trying to stay in the same spirit as the GS games.  Such things include spells which boost the options available to mages, giving them more offensive capabilities, as well as giving physical fighters more support options.  And of course, me being me, an assortment of new ailments to make the player's life hell. :P  Classes will be done in the 15-10-5 method as well.  Most abilities will be new, all the classes will be original, and while overall it'll feel like a golden sun game, it'll be able to stand on its own.  Balance will be done according to my personal style of balance, though I will consult those whom I have respect for their insight for balance.

The TLA Remix project, on the other hand, will be a very minor project, not requiring a thread until testing.  It will basically be a remix of GS, giving the different characters different equipment options, adopting the animation system that (as of this post) DCrisis is wanting to adopt, and a full 2nd Team class set.  The classes will be done in the traditional 20-10 method, since it's only supposed to be a hack to introduce a bit of variety and fun to TLA (such as spears, bows, maybe scythes).  It's specifically designed, however, to clearly be TLA, just with some new fun thrown in.  No Role being evil to the player and throwing tons of new ailments at them, no new fancy mage stuff save for a minor tweak to base damage, the same one DCrisis is likely to use.  SOME abilities may be nerfed a bit to help with balance, and new abilities will be introduced for the new weapons.  However, all the original gear will remain as it is - only particularly OP abilities like Megiddo will be modified, but they'll still be the peak of power.  Just not too powerful.  This means that all the old setups are still possible, including that 99% unleash one I dislike.

The Remix is just that, a remix.  It'll be released like all the other minor edits, with a link to the IPS and a changelog.  It'll be the first full release out of me, too.

After that, comes this one.  I'll be describing it in the same way as Suzuko Magica, in several posts, likely in the same order.  Standardization ho and what not.

Story Synopsis
Character Profiles
Game Mechanics
Art and Music

Rolina

Story Synopsis

It's been thousands of years since the Golden Sun rose above Weyard, and the Eight Heroes of lore saved the world from it's slow death.  However, that tale has been lost to history, slowly fading through the years until alas it was no more than a tall tale, the truth behind it lost to history for all but a few.  Empires have risen and fallen, the landscape of Weyard has changed, and the lessons of the last golden age that had once been enforced have been forgotten.  However, the legacy of that age is just now being rediscovered.  The devastating machina that brought about the rampant abuse of alchemy that lead to the last Lost Age - 「The Saturn Machines」.  These ancient machines were created to obtain power beyond the four elements and two fundaments, a power that would lead to absolute dominion over the forces of nature.  A power that nearly destroyed it instead.  These machina, found by various countries, have been the subject of top secret study for years.  Some feared the power, others used it to prosper.

The story begins in a country called Melbis, in its capital city by the same name.  In the middle of the night, the capital city is attacked.  Kari, a young, newly promoted officer within the army, leads a makeshift squad to fight off the invading force, but the fight ends in defeat, with the area near the castle destroyed.  The force, which had overwhelmed the castle guard and the platoons stationed in the city, had vanished as mysteriously as they came.  Sent out by her superiors to scout for information about the invading force, as well as to send help to the devastated city, Kari begins her journey.  She soon finds an ally in a Gondowanian named Akil, who has been pursuing a group associated with the force that attacked Melbis.  Armed with a new ally, as well as the information he knew, she pursues the new adversaries - the Empire of Longari, and the group that Akil follows.  Under orders from her superior officer, Kari travels with Akil in pursuit of the splinter group.  

Seeking the crossing of a sea, she meets Aiden, a pirate descended of the seafaring people of Champa, and Ila, an Acolyte of Vale hailing from Angara.  Putting aside her differences, she asks assistance from Aiden.  After an incident at sea, the group finds themselves stranded near a town with a damaged ship.  Kari and Akil, while first choosing to continuing to pursue the group, find themselves drafted into helping to repair the damaged ship.  They wind up finding and fighting the leader of the group, however - a man named Feitas.  He overwhelms the party (In New Game+, it is possible to defeat him though), but takes pity on them and lets them live.  It's then that one of his accomplices is introduced - The Great Healer and Ila's mentor, Verus.  He restores the group to health, and the two make their leave.  Unable to continue their pursuit without the boat fixed, the group gets it fixed and begins to pursue, now united in their goals.

Under suggestion from Kari's superior officer, they seek out new psynergy to make them stronger.  After obtaining a couple new spells, they again find themselves close to the group.  It is then that they find out the truth - the group is not affiliated with Longari, but rather has a separate agenda.  They had used Longari to achieve their goal in Melbis - the destruction of the Saturn Machine in Melbis' possession - the object that the Longari were after.  They avoid directly confronting Feitas' group, instead listening in and witnessing their work in action.  Interestingly, the incident in the town is solved peacefully, with the people actually thanking them for the destruction of the machine.  They also find out about two other members of the group - Helen, who acted as the scout, and Tashel, who was sent by Longari to monitor the group.  After finding out that they had indeed caused the destruction of the machine in Melbis, Tashel vows that they'll pay for "betraying the empire", and leaves.

This is about the halfway point, and is what I've worked up to in the story.  While yes it ends in a major confrontation, fusion beast and all, the path taken and details for the event still elude me.  I'll fill it in later.

Rolina

Character Profiles

Protagonists

[img float=left]http://i.imgur.com/pE8bbsh.png[/img]
  Name:
 Kari
Height:  5'6"
Element:  Jupiter

Equips:  Sword, Martial, Spear, Bow, Armor, Clothing

Stat Growth Targets:

.                  ,-----------------------------------------------.
                   | MHP | MPP | ATK | DEF | CST | WRD | AGL | LUK |
        ,----------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----|
        | Level 00 |  31 |  20 |  11 |   6 |  10 |   6 |   8 |   3 |
        | Level 19 | 184 |  81 |  83 |  39 |  82 |  39 |  87 |   3 |
        | Level 39 | 338 | 132 | 157 |  71 | 154 |  72 | 166 |   3 |
        | Level 59 | 492 | 172 | 230 | 105 | 225 | 106 | 244 |   3 |
        | Level 79 | 646 | 212 | 303 | 137 | 297 | 138 | 323 |   3 |
        | Level 99 | 800 | 353 | 376 | 171 | 368 | 172 | 402 |   3 |
        `----------------------------------------------------------'

Base Class Progression:

.                  ,-----------------------------------------------.
                   | MHP | MPP | ATK | DEF | CST | WRD | AGL | LUK |
      ,------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----|
      | Lieutenant | 105 |  90 | 105 | 105 |  90 | 100 | 115 | 100 |
      | Captain    | 125 | 100 | 115 | 115 | 100 | 110 | 125 | 100 |
      | Major      | 145 | 110 | 125 | 125 | 110 | 120 | 135 | 100 |
      | Colonel    | 165 | 120 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 130 | 145 | 100 |
      | General    | 185 | 130 | 145 | 145 | 130 | 140 | 155 | 100 |
      `------------------------------------------------------------'

Bio:  A soldier from the Kingdom of Melbis, under the charge of the Fuujin Knight, Jeanne.  Though at first unsure in her ability, she quickly learns what it takes to lead after a series of events causes her to seek out those whom attacked her home.  Little does she realize the path this will take her down, and the truth which lies waiting for her at the end.

[img float=right]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/acidadept/RPstuff/GSDG/AkilProfile.png[/img]   Name:  Akil
Height:  5'11"
Element:  Mercury

Equips:  Bow, Light Blade, Staff, (Pole), Clothing, Robes

Base Class Progression:

.                  ,-----------------------------------.
                  | MHP | MPP | ATK | DEF | AGL | LUK |
     ,------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----|
     | Tier 1     |  95 | 135 |  95 |  85 | 105 | 100 |
     | Tier 2     | 110 | 150 | 105 |  95 | 115 | 100 |
     | Tier 3     | 130 | 160 | 115 | 105 | 125 | 100 |
     | Tier 4     | 145 | 175 | 125 | 115 | 135 | 100 |
     | Tier 5     | 165 | 185 | 135 | 125 | 145 | 100 |
     `------------------------------------------------'

Bio:  A researcher of psynergy from a village in Gondawan.  His wealth of knowledge and calm demeanor help Kari on her journey.  His own reasons for the journey are similar to Kari's, though much about him remains a mystery - such as why a supposed tribal man has such a deep understanding of psynergy and the going ons of the world.

[img float=left]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/acidadept/RPstuff/GSDG/AidenProfile.png[/img]
  Name:  Aiden
Height:  5'9"
Element:  Mars

Equips:  Axe, Long Sword, Mace, Pole, Armor, Clothing

Base Class Progression:

| Thug       | 115 |  80 | 105 | 110 |  85 |  85 |
     | Bandit     | 135 |  90 | 115 | 120 |  95 |  85 |
     | Brigand    | 155 | 100 | 125 | 130 | 105 |  85 |
     | Mercenary  | 175 | 110 | 135 | 140 | 115 |  85 |
     | Myrmidon   | 195 | 120 | 145 | 150 | 125 |  85 |

Bio:  A pirate who's lineage can be traced back to the great Champa Pirates.  At first, wants nothing to do with the journey, and only helps out thanks to the diplomacy of Akil.  However, after receiving the promise of a full pardon to his people, on top of his own grudge against Faitas as a result of their first encounter, he sets aside any differences he had before to fight alongside the others.

[img float=right]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/acidadept/RPstuff/GSDG/IlaProfile.png[/img]
  Name:  Ila
Height:  5'0"
Element:  Venus

Equips:  Ankh, Mace, Staff, (Bow), Clothing, Robes

Base Class Progression:

| Acolyte    |  90 | 125 |  80 |  90 |  95 | 130 |
     | Nurse      | 105 | 140 |  90 | 100 | 105 | 130 |
     | Medic      | 125 | 150 | 100 | 115 | 115 | 130 |
     | Healer     | 140 | 165 | 110 | 125 | 125 | 130 |
     | Saint      | 160 | 175 | 120 | 135 | 135 | 130 |

Bio:  One of the Acolytes of Vale, a group of people whom passed down great healing practices for thousands of years, Ila travels the world on a pilgrimage, tracing the path of the heroes of legend.  While assisting the rest of the group as they travel together, she finds out that her mentor, Verus, had helped in causing great tragedies around the world.  Not able to understand why he would do such a thing, she continues to travel with Kari and the others, seeking answers from her teacher.

Antagonists

(to be edited in later)

Rolina

Game Mechanics

There will be several changes done to game mechanics.  While I am trying to keep in the spirit of Golden Sun, I am also trying to try to balance the game in a bit different way.  For starters, all classes will have a set total percentage, based on class type and tier.  Spell power to cost/level ratio will follow a strict formula.  Monsters will each have their own stat formulas based on the area's target level, the point in the game that they are met, and the monster's individual species.  My methods may be a bit rigid for those of you who prefer winging it, but to me the ability to plug-and-play is quite handy.

Elements

The four elements play the same basic role they have before.  However, when it comes to classes, the elements have different trends based on the characters - basically, while this party is together, the cross-classes will tend to lean certain ways based on what elements are contained within.

:VenusStar: - Venus will tend to raise Max PP and Luck
:MarsStar: - Mars will tend to raise Max HP and Defense
:JupiterStar: - Jupiter will tend to raise Max HP and Agility
:MercuryStar: - Mercury will tend to raise Max PP and Attack

Furthermore, the concept of "build resonance" will be used - when one adept uses the djinn element of another adept of the same type (Physical with Physical, Magical with Magical), the resulting class that results will be more specialized than usual.  The reasoning given here is that the types of psynergies being used by the team resonate with one another - so physical psys tend to build off of each other, and magical psys with other spell-types.  This draws out and focuses the psynergy when the two resonant elements work together.

This does not mean combo attacks, nor does it mean multi-element spells.  It's basically a bullshit explanation to why some classes are as minmaxed as the Brute Line.  Symbiotic classes in this game will still be 6 tier classes, but will not be quite as stat focused as the Brute line was, as it'd make less sense for them to be so.

Spells and Effects

Something different from the original game that I will be doing is changing how cross-class spells behave.  The thought process behind this approach is this:

Base Classes have among the lowest final Stat Totals.  However, their spells are the strongest in terms of raw power, and they have high elemental power innately.
Cross Classes have higher final Stat Totals.  Their spells are weaker to compensate, and while they have lower elemental power, the fact that they have multiple element levels is brought out through added effects.

Basically, save for the base eight spells, which all base and dual element classes will have, every other cross-class spell will have some kind of added effect to make up for the compound loss in power.  This provides many options for the player - while in base classes, the strongest psy will be used unless they're conserving PP, in cross-classes often times the effects are what will take priority.  The player may choose to use a weaker spell to take advantage of it's effect.

The goal here is to have one stat affecting spell and one ailment inducing spell per dual class.  Tri-Element classes will follow thematic rules instead.  For the dual element classes, each adept will have the ability to lower Attack, Defense, or Agility based on which dual-element class they happen to be in.  The ailments that can be induced however do not follow any strict rules.  Resist dropping attacks are available in Tri-Element classes, as the goal is to have any foe with >200 resist absorb elements instead.  Since this would make them vulnerable to spell damage of that element, the ability to deal damage and lower resist is something I want to keep as Djinn-only until Tri-Element classes are unlocked.  And for those of you that are nitpicky, "unlocked" means you've gotten enough djinn to use it.

Canon vs Balance

Some spells will exist in the game that have existed before hand.  However, the power of these spells is subject to change for the sake of game balance.  Specifically, some spells will be lowered in power and cost to match the new Base 8 rule (Whirlwind, for example).  Other spells, depending on how things work out, may even have to bypass trends started in Dark Dawn.  While it is preferable that this not happen, Leaf was right when he pointed out that as it stands, Venus healing is a bit weak for a primary healer.  As much as I want to stick to canon, this may be something I have to change to bring balance to the game.

So since I really can't go into more detail, I'll sum this up - sometimes game balance is more important than sticking strictly to canon.  While canon MUST be acknowledged, sometimes... well, sometimes canon makes no sense.

Changes to and Additions to Stat Alterations, Ailments, and Effects

Many ailments and stat modification trends will be tweaked.  Furthermore, new trends will be added.  Here's a list of the changes so far:

Delusion now reduces accuracy by 30% for ALL commands.  This means that if Deluded, psynergy can actually miss now.
Blind will be introduced as an upgraded version of delusion.  When blinded, characters have a 70% reduction to accuracy.
Sap acts as poison, but to PP.
Blight acts as venom, but to PP.
Disease deals damage to HP and PP using the formula of [(HP+PP)/20], and will drop Attack, Defense, and Agility by 10%
Plague deals damage to HP and PP using the formula of  [(HP+PP)/10], and will drop Attack, Defense, and Agility by 20%
Poison, Sap, and Disease can stack with one another.  Being inflicted with one type of poison-style attack doesn't make you immune from the others.
Haunt buffed to cause 20% total damage recoil 33% of the time.
Poltergeist introduced as upgraded Haunt.  Can cause 20% total damage recoil 66% of the time.
Reaper (Countdown) buffed to end after 4 turns instead of 8 (so 3+ the turn inflicted)
Spirit added.  Acts as Reaper but for PP.
Djinn can now raise a single ally's attack by 50%
Djinn can now raise a single ally's defense by 50%
Djinn can now raise a single ally's resist by 80
Djinn can only raise all allies' agility by 25%
Djinn can now raise a single ally's agility by 50%
Agility buffs exist, can raise a single ally's agility by 25%, or all allies' agility by 12.5%
Agility debuffs exist, can lower a target's agility by 25%, or 3 targets' agility by 12.5%
Djinn agility debuffing nerfed so that only one target loses 50% agility.
Djinn agility debuffing nerfed so that all targets only lose 25% agility.
Djinn Wall capped at 45%.
Djinn Shield added - physical damage can be reduced that turn to up to 90%.  Spell and Base damage ignored.
Djinn Shell added - Spell and Base damage can be reduced that turn to up to 90%.  Physical damage ignored.
Some abilities can pierce through Wall, Shell, and Shield.
Some abilities can reverse Wall, Shell, and Shield, doing additional damage by the amount it'd have protected against.  Boss specific ability.
Djinn PP restoration removed.
Djinn Multi-action possibly removed, depending on if room exists.  If removed, the "Kite Timer" will be introduced, as an artifact consumable with the same effect.
Haze effect will be removed or made monster-specific.
All negative effects will have two versions - pure effect, and on-damage.  On-damage version has half the success rate.
Possible addition of Enraged effect.  Added Damage and Multiplier attacks will receive an additional 1.3x multiplier.  Using any other type of of attack will result in "XYZ's rage clouds their mind!" receive no benefit.
Possible addition of Focused effect.  Base Damage and Spell Damage attacks will receive an additional 1.3x multiplier.  Using Physical or Summons will result in no additional benefit.

Formula Changes

Base damage will add 15% of caster PP to it's power, but also drop 5% of target's PP from said power.
Physical AoE will be changed to follow the same pattern as Base Damage (Diminishing).
Addition of Spell Damage, which acts like a multiplier attack with Max PP as the source of power.  Defense will be handled by a 3:2 ratio of target Max PP and Defense.  Will follow Base Damage's power/element influence, and Base Damage (Diminishing)'s AoE spread.
Possible addition of Djinn Physical and Djinn Mystical, which act the same as physical and spell damage, but have a power/resist influence in between the two (Spell/Base uses /200, Added/Multiplier uses /400, and Djinn types use /300).
Random damage modifier made percentile rather than +/- 3.  I'm thinking +/- 5% instead.
Summons deal 1% less damage per djinn used.  Additional nerfing may be required on a by-summon basis.

Balance changes

Max Possible unleash rate is 50%. 35% of that comes from gear, 10% of that from the Ring of Awakening.  Weapons range from 5%-20%, based on unleash power and whether or not they're cursed.  Most weapons now also bestow their unleash in castable form, though some bestow a different skill than their unleash.
Weapon Variation Trends will be utilized and enforced.  Current Variation trends are as follows:

Axes have the highest attack, but lower defense
Spears have high attack, but lower speed
Swords are the standard, boosting only attack
Blades have slightly lower attack, boost agility slightly
Maces have slightly lower attack, boost defense slightly
Poles have lower attack, boost defense
Bows have lower attack, boost agility
Staffs have low attack, boost caster's power in formula.
Ankhs have low attack, boost caster's resist in formula.

Armor Variation will be added, allowing for multiple builds even with generic gear.  Current trends are as follows:

Armor boosts HP or Attack on top of defense.
Clothing boosts Agility and/or or Crits on top of defense.  Crits are weighted.
Robes boost PP and/or Luck on top of defense.  Luck is weighted.

Max Luck Boost through equipment to be capped at 20.
HP and PP Regen gear to be limited to a degree.  How much depends on spell costs - want to prevent overspring builds (regen more PP than you can consume per turn).

ST healing trends to be buffed to stand out more from MT Healing.  Current trend idea is:  

Tier 1:  Standard
Tier 2:  2.5x Tier 1
Tier 3:  2.5x Tier 2

Sample:

Pray heals 100.  Pray Well heals 250.  Pure Pray heals 625.
Boon heals 85.  Nature's Boon heals 215 (rounded to nearest 5).  Vital Boon heals 530 (rounded to nearest 5).
Cure heals 70.  Cure Well heals 175.  Potent Cure heals 435 (rounded to nearest 5).

MT healing remains the same, doubling in power each tier.
MT healing is only accessible at Class Tier 3 and above - none of the Tier 1 MT Healing DD had.

Added Damage now has 3 tiers instead of 2, upgrading at Class Tiers 3 and 5.
Multipliers now have 2 tiers.  Multipliers can be gained at Class Tier 2, and upgrade at Class Tier 4.
Spell Damage follows the same rules as Multipliers.
How Added Damage, Multiplier, and Spell Damage upgrades depends on the spell line itself.  It can either improve by slight power and range, slight power and effect, or pure power, depending on the nature of the first spell and the theme of the line.

Furthermore, how classes are being done is different.  Base classes have the closest resemblance to traditional GS classes - they use a weighted base of 580 (with luck and agility only contributing about 84% of their value of the weighted total.  While the 15-10-5 growth system IS being used, Physical Fighters have +5 in all of their tiers counting towards HP, while Magical fighters alternate HP and PP.  This allows base classes to closely resemble the classes from the original games.  The 15-10-5 system will have far more of an effect on non-base classes, where the smaller variations will become significant.

Encouraging Items

Item use is going to be encouraged much more than in previous games.  This is one of the reasons for removing PP restoring djinn.  Furthermore, On-Walk PP restoration will be nerfed.  However, PP restoration items will cost less than before.  While they'll still be somewhat pricy, they won't be utterly useless like in DD.  PP restoration item tree will be introduced, following a similar tree as HP restoration items.
On-use gear will actually be more useful than before.  In combination with buffing things such as delusion, more useful abilities will be given to this style of gear.
As PP consumption will increase, and PP restoration will be cut back a bit, attack items will be much more viable.  Ailment items will no longer be single target, either.
As equipment will have much more variety, carrying around gear to switch builds is now far more viable than before.  Some areas will encourage certain builds, and punish others, furthering the usefulness of carrying sets.
Psynergy Tools are sellable, and can be bought back through the item shop.  If you don't need the spell anymore, drop it off, grab some coin, and free up some space.  If you need it again later, just go buy it back - they're artifacts.
Some characters have certain equipment sets that'll change their appearance both in-battle and in the overworld.  If nothing else than an Easter Egg, it may be fun for people to try them out.

Rolina

Art and Music

The art and music in this game will try to emulate the GS style as close as possible.  Many songs are actually remixes of existing songs (example:  Melbis in the prologue will use a remix of An Adept's New Home done in the style of a March.  A forest may have traces of Tanglewood, Kolima (TLA), and Kolima (DD) in it as homage to the other GS forests).  The whole thing should look, sound, and feel like a GS game.

The rest of this post will contain art, sound, and music samples for the game.

Art Samples
Art samples include sprites, concept art, tilesets, and screenshots

Audio Samples
Art samples include tracks run through a traditional 2-loop cycle, as well as additional sound effects

Rolina

This post also reserved for future info

Rolina

This post hopefully reserved for release info.  Please do not post after this until I have all the info up and have posted yet again, but this time with a general comment like in the Suzuko Magica thread.

Rolina

Okay, I think that's good for now.  Feel free to post any comments you may have.  I know I've not gotten as detailed as the puella magi thread, but this project was originally a joint project with thenightshadow, whom has... kinda disappeared again.  Since I can't get a hold of them reliably, I'm having to wing it, and much of the info here I came up with or modified on the spot.  However, within the next few days I should have the antagonists up, and given time I'll figure out how to work out the second half.

This game very well may wind up being two games long - the first focusing on the Saturn Conspirator, and the second with the Empire of Longari.  If this is the case, then I will be doing a hack for both TBS and TLA.  Furthermore, this would mean that TSC would be a low level endgame, while the second game (perhaps called The Saturn Emperor, or TSE) would have the higher target level.

Griever

Again a nice idea for a hack. The plot looks promising though a bit on the short side, but I'm guessing its just a summery and the actual hack will be longer.

The new changes to the "buffs" will make things interesting, though isn't 50% a bit well too much? How many turns you are planning on making it last? From the looks of it, 3 maybe 4 turns at max.

As for the formula changes, this is gonna take a while to do. Especially if you are gonna wait for the editor (Assuming we will get that feature) But the changes will certainly make psynergy more worth using.

I could recognize 3 of the main characters as characters that were submitted for the previous community hack.

Now I have one question, can you explain the build resonance more? Sounds like something unique.

Rolina

Aye, plot summaries tend to be "in a nutshell".  This is also only half the story for the first game - given how the plot is developing, it'll be probably TBS length, and a TLA length game will be done as a followup, essentially being a "Second half" to the story.  Will stay as 4 characters, though.

Not really.  Djinn are spell x2.  For example, Forge is worth 2 High Impacts.  What this would do would be to introduce djinn that could act as 2 Impacts, rather than High Impacts.  It'd last just as long as any other spell.

Formula Editing has already been confirmed to require Custom ASM editing.  Effect Editing as well.

Actually, the characters were specifically designed with this hack in mind.  I just offered them up to the old one to fill in spots for the voting.

You know how Brute had really high HP and ATK, but low everything else?  That.  Basically, since the Brute Line was the use of two 'physical elements' in TBS, the product you got wound up being hyper-specialized.  If you want to look at it statistically, look at it like this:

Physical Resonance results in +15 HP, -15 PP, +10 ATK, DEF, -10 AGL, LUK on top of the standard trends.
Mystical Resonance results in -15 HP, +15 PP, -10 ATK, DEF, +10 AGL, LUK on top of the standard trends.

Or something like that.  If that winds up being too big, I may drop it to 10 for vitals and 5 for the rest.

Basically, since your physical fighter is using djinn of the element of another physical fighter, you get a pure physically focused class.  I'd have used the Hermit line as well, but statistically that line was a bit OP, second only to Ninja, and wasn't as focused as Brute, so it'd have been a bad example.

Rolina

...But then it wouldn't be a Golden Sun class, Jiten.  Where'd you get the idea I was changing the Brute Class, or even using it for that matter?

Rolina

I've made some changes to the base classes and the approach I'm taking with them.  After looking at Aiden, something just didn't seem right - his stats seemed too high, so I double checked the totals and found out I forgot to add 5 points.  That can't be right.  So I've tweaked it a bit, and will be adapting a weighted system.  Unlike GS, where PP was weighted, in this game PP also has an influence on magic offense, so it was not weighted.  The exception is Aiden's base class, which is used as the basis for the weighted system.

I'm still using the 15-10-5 system, but will be using a weighted variant of it instead.  There's not much influence in base classes, as you can see above, but the non-base classes will utilize it a bit more.

Rolina

Bumping to show off some art.  Not sure if this project will be really going anywhere, though.  It depends on what happens later on down the line.

Rolina

Yes, she was intended to be the main protagonist.  But I also wanted a patch that lets whoever the left-most person on the party lead on the screen (so you can pick who you want walking around).  My balance methods and class creation approach has also changed quite a bit since the most recent edits, but until we get a version of the editor capable of doing this in a user friendly way, this project's being put on the shelf.

Simply put, considering how long I've been working on it, and where the editor is at now... I don't think I'll be able to make this within a reasonable amount of time.

Raetah

I have a question, are the image of characters original or you found then somewhere?
Sorry for my english.

Rolina

They're commissioned.  Moonlight Alchemist over on deviant Art.